Tony's Afternoon Parade Package

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
My granddaughter wanted to eat at Tony's so I made a reservation. Then I found out about the afternoon parade package which is 1 credit on the dining plan and you get an appetizer, entrée and dessert vs. no appetizer with just a regular reservation. My question is where is the reserved area for watching the parade - I know we have to meet at the flag pole - is that where you watch the parade. Thanks.

I believe I read that it's in the grassy circle area in the middle right when you enter the park (right across from Tony's)--The parade comes down Main St. then moves clockwise and exits to the left after that little town hall place (sorry I'm not so technical with proper bldg names)--and of course, at this time I can't remember where I read it.

I didnt know about this. Are there other restaurants that offer parade or fireworks packages in MK?

Only Tony's and since the parade is moving to 2pm--I think the package is only offered at 11, 11:30, 12, and 12:30. I got one at 12:50 about a month ago but I think Disney made the change shortly thereafter. I don't think that any dining package get you VIP seating however they do have dessert packages that you can buy for the parades (Tianas Boat ride for festival of fantasy during the day and at night: one at Tomorrowland terrace, one that starts at tomowwland terrance and then moves to Plaza viewing area (this is a popular one that is a little cheaper), and I guess there's another boat one at night but I don't know that much about it) Hopes this helps

We did this in April and seating was by the flag pole. My family really enjoyed both or meal and our parade viewing :)

My daughter and I just did this package this past week. We ate at Tony's at noon. We each had a different salad as an appetizer, both were very good. I had the shrimp scampi and DD had a triple entree option that she enjoyed. For dessert, she had a chocolate cake and I raspberry sorbet. Both were good. We were pleasantly surprised by the food.

Our parade time was at 3:00 p.m. The day of our package there was rain that moved through around 2:00. We reported to the flag pole area around 2:30. There is a sidewalk around the outer edge of the area around the flagpole. You may sit or stand on the sidewalk to watch the parade. We put our ponchos on the ground to sit on to watch the parade. Due to the rain, the temp was in the 70s and the sky was overcast. This made for a lovely and comfortable parade viewing. A couple of days later it was sunny and the temp was in the 90s with a heat index of 105. DD and I both commented that it would not have as pleasant to view the parade in that location under those conditions. Cast members did an excellent job of making sure that only those with dining packages were allowed in the area.

I found out about this when I was helping a friend with her itinerary for her August trip. I questioned why Tony's - she said her granddaughter who is 7 wanted to go there. So I was looking around and I found the festival of fantasy parade package - told her if she is eating at Tony's around the same time she may as well book this - you get an appetizer and the parade viewing for the same 1 credit. Not sure that this is a well know offer so if I could help someone out other than my friend - great! Enjoy your trip.

Just want to add.... DW and I went to a $65 pp banquet last night. DW is military, and it was one of her department's "mandatory fun" nights.

Food made me long for Tony's, by comparison. Absolutely the worst Italian food we ever had! (and we're from NY, so we know good Italian). And we're talking more expensive than Akershus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter