"too connected" at DVC

We had 4 laptops on our last trip - used a router with no problem. We also bought security cables to lock them up when we were out of the room!

We have a wireless router at our house and just unplugged it and took it with us to WDW. Once in the room i just plugged the provided ethernet cord into my router and away we went.

:goodvibes Thank you!!

Yes, I have AT&T. Did you order your AE thru them?

I find the Iphone easy to use, but I hit a brick wall when it comes to the wi-fi feature.
Thanks again everyone for the explanations.:wizard:

You do not need wifi to get on the internet with an iphone. You have something called Edge which gets you on anywhere you can get a cell phone sgnal. Not quite as fast as wifi but still pretty reliable.

You do not need wifi to get on the internet with an iphone. You have something called Edge which gets you on anywhere you can get a cell phone sgnal. Not quite as fast as wifi but still pretty reliable.

Actually, LIFER may have Edge (1st generation iPhone) or 3G (2nd generation iPhone) to connect without wi-fi. But if she prefers to use wi-fi she will need some kind of router in her room.

Am I the only one that finds us humans so pathetic that we each need a puter while on VACATION. Connect with the people you are with.
Let each person have some time on the one puter to check email, otherwise pretend to be on vacation.

Should I point out you are paying a TON of money for a trip? Leave the puters home..do the family a favor.

that said, i am pathetic I need to check emails on vacation, too. But I have always agreed to limit my time online so my family doesn;t have to feel like they are there without me. :surfweb:

Actually, LIFER may have Edge (1st generation iPhone) or 3G (2nd generation iPhone) to connect without wi-fi. But if she prefers to use wi-fi she will need some kind of router in her room.

Thank you both! :wizard: It is all starting to make sense now. I have 3G and used it at BWV, but we also had our laptop plugged up to ethernet.

Sometimes certain features will ask for WI-Fi connection and I did not know how to do that.

Some people curl up with a book, I curl up with my LT or Iphone!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter