Too much signature??

beck00

DIS Veteran
Husband and I are staying at Beach Club in Feb 2018 when I run the Princess Half. We'll be there Thurs-Tues and are considering upgrading our reg dining plan to deluxe. We're thinking of doing four signature dinner nights: Le Cellier, Flying Fish, Cali Grill & Morimoto. We've never been to any of these. Other than being a bit more careful what I eat the night before my race, any other factors that I should consider when planning? We'll be back with the kids in Nov 2018 so we're prepared for a little less park time other than EPCOT, and more time exploring the restaurants we don't frequent with our kiddos, Boardwalk area, etc.

With deluxe you pretty much have to do signatures.....it's a ton of food!!!! Just FYI, The Cali grill brunch is fabulous on Sundays and what an awesome way to celeIebrate your amazing accomplishment. I don't think it's the signatures you need to worry about, where are you going to use the rest of your credits? Since you are staying 5 nights, you'll have 15 credits each to use, that's going to be tough to use 7 more, so I would definitely add another signature.

1. Le Cellier is "signature" in pricing only. Nothing else about the place is signature! Find someplace else.
2. Are you doing the half? Remember that you have to get up before the sun (WAY before the sun!) So you have to do the Saturday night dinner at pretty early (I generally do about 4 or 5) and by Sunday night you are generally exhausted.

I agree that you have a lot of food to try to consume while working around your running. I would not feel comfortable trying to shove in a lot of food leading up to the event (Plus I would want a glass of wine at these places and that's another bad idea IMHO LOL!)

As for the California Grill brunch idea unless you can get a LATE brunch I wouldn't risk it. While you are up before the sun, it's not always a quick return to your hotel to get cleaned up and do you really want to stress about that the entire time?

Consider going to Yachtsman (steak house at the Yacht Club), Monsieur Paul (French, in Epcot), Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian seafood and steak), or another "real" signature restaurant instead of LeCellier. LeCellier is living on their reputation when they were a regular 1 credit restaurant. Since they went to 2 credits, they have not upgraded their room (still a dungeon with tables practically on top of one another), their staff (often still students on the Disney program), or their menu (still pretty much what it was 15 years ago). As @OrangeCountyCommuter so eloquently put it, "Nothing else about the place is signature! Find someplace else."

Have you tried Jiko? Some people I know call Jiko the best restaurant on Disney property, although I haven't tried it personally.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Husband wants Le Cellier, but I would rather Yachtsman based on Disboard reviews alone. I (kinda) feel bad since he's thrown it out there during planning of our last three trips, thus the reason I added it to the list. I think he'll be just fine with that switch though. We do not have any intentions of catching the brunch at Cali due to the race. I'm definitely being practical about that, and plan on eating something a little milder off the menu in the early evening before the race. Agree with you there @OrangeCountyCommuter ! I would love it though...brunch is just the best and we're really good at it here in South Louisiana! ;)

Consider going to Yachtsman (steak house at the Yacht Club), Monsieur Paul (French, in Epcot), Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian seafood and steak), or another "real" signature restaurant instead of LeCellier. LeCellier is living on their reputation when they were a regular 1 credit restaurant. Since they went to 2 credits, they have not upgraded their room (still a dungeon with tables practically on top of one another), their staff (often still students on the Disney program), or their menu (still pretty much what it was 15 years ago). As @OrangeCountyCommuter so eloquently put it, "Nothing else about the place is signature! Find someplace else."

I realize Chefs de France is not signature, but husband and I haven't had the chance to try it yet and both want to. We usually have two little girls with us, so we're character dining! :) We were thinking of trying it one day for lunch. Have you tried it? If so, thoughts? We've both scratched Narcoossee's off our list but aren't totally against the menu. We are from South Louisiana and both spent significant time in the restaurant business here. We aren't sold that the seafood will be any better than anything we experience on our frequent trips to New Orleans and other local places. But what do we know? Maybe I should look at it a bit more.

Last edited:
I love signature dining. And I love to order apps too

I am not a fan of le cellier. It does not live up to other signature restaurants imho
The tables are way too close together for my tastes

Yachtsman is, again imho, a much better choice. The onion roll thingys are to die for!!!!

Having an adult only trip changes the dynamics for sure. Go and eat to your hearts content

Thanks for the feedback guys! Husband wants Le Cellier, but I would rather Yachtsman based on Disboard reviews alone. I (kinda) feel bad since he's thrown it out there during planning of our last three trips, thus the reason I added it to the list. I think he'll be just fine with that switch though.
Honestly, I think some get WAY TOO down on Le Cellier. And the atmosphere there is cooler thank Yachtsman, and there's the convenience of it being in a park. Especially if DH picked it -- and only that ADR -- I'd keep it.

Le Cellier on these boards is like a person placed on a pedestal for years... some love to knock it down... a lot... All MHO, of course.

I realize Chefs de France is not signature, but husband and I haven't had the chance to try it yet and both want to. We usually have two little girls with us, so we're character dining! :) We were thinking of trying it one day for lunch. Have you tried it? If so, thoughts? We've both scratched Narcoossee's off our list but aren't totally against the menu. We are from South Louisiana and both spent significant time in the restaurant business here. We aren't sold that the seafood will be any better than anything we experience on our frequent trips to New Orleans and other local places. But what do we know? Maybe I should look at it a bit more.

MP is like Chefs on steroids. Since you've got the credits, MP might be the way to go - and it feels much more European if you're into that kinda thing.

I haven't been there so I'm going strictly on what I've read, but Morimoto has received very inconsistent reviews. I was stunned reading that from an Iron Chef restaurant. Just something to look into, esp if you're going for sushi.

I'd recommend thinking about Tiffins in AK. Delicious! Great service and atmosphere too.

You can never go wrong with Flying Fish. :)

Honestly, I think some get WAY TOO down on Le Cellier. And the atmosphere there is cooler thank Yachtsman, and there's the convenience of it being in a park. Especially if DH picked it -- and only that ADR -- I'd keep it.

Le Cellier on these boards is like a person placed on a pedestal for years... some love to knock it down... a lot... All MHO, of course.
Very true. I think it's all based on the dinin plan. Le Cellier has greatness food that's worth the price, but it's not worth two credits. I had the same perception of Hollywood Brown Derby. I had the impression that it was overpriced and not that great. Until I showed up and tried the Cobb salad and some appetizers. Now it's one of my favorite restaurants. It's not worth two credits, but we don't do the dining plan.

Very true. I think it's all based on the dinin plan. Le Cellier has greatness food that's worth the price, but it's not worth two credits. I had the same perception of Hollywood Brown Derby. I had the impression that it was overpriced and not that great. Until I showed up and tried the Cobb salad and some appetizers. Now it's one of my favorite restaurants. It's not worth two credits, but we don't do the dining plan.
I see your point. We don't use the dining plan, so perhaps that's part of the perception differences.

Add Jiko if you want another signature. My favorite restaurant at Disney. And don't forget about the Hollywood Brown Derby. It's a nice stroll or boat ride from your hotel and the food never disappoints.

I would stick with regular DDP and then share meals doing mainly signatures. Love the Deluxe plan but it was too much food. With regular you can use 2 credits and get enough food to share and have your two CS for lunch. Use a snack credit each for breakfast.

I love the signatures, and having an appetizer is a lovely way to start the meal. I am going to agree that Le CEllier is not a 2 credit worthy meal, at least not in my opinion.

Given a choice, I would head over to Flying Fish or Yachtsman.

IF you are going to be in DAK< have you considered TIffins? This was my favorite meal of all in December, and we dined in several signature restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter