Top 3 (or more) favorite things to do -- that AREN'T rides!

Take a launch from MK to GF and then Poly.
Get off at Poly. Take in the sights and get a Dole Whip.
Take Monorail to GF and take in the sights. Take monorail back to MK.

I consider this all one thing.
Sorry......... no 2 or 3 to add to your list

They now have DoleWhips at The Polynesian Resort? So excited!! Please pass along the info as to where in The Poly we may find it! Thanks!

Last edited:
Take a launch from MK to GF and then Poly.
Get off at Poly. Take in the sights and get a Dole Whip.
Take Monorail to GF and take in the sights. Take monorail back to MK.

I consider this all one thing.
Sorry......... no 2 or 3 to add to your list!
I got so excited somehow my reply was added to the quote! Anyway, I would very much appreciate the info as to where to get a Dole Whip at The Polynesian Resort! Thank you :)

1) Rent a pontoon boat at the Poly
2) Sharing a beer flight with my husband
3) Evening at Disney Springs

I just read it and I nearly teared up. When our now grown kids were little ones, we used to stay at The Poly and we would call the walkway outside of the back glass doors our happy place because it was so pretty and downright magical at night with all of the Tiki torches lit. I can't think of a more perfect place to lead to a Dole Whip. Thanks again for the info.

1) Do take the time to pick some resorts to go to using Disney transportation; so, Monorail tour, or boat tour. To me, the resorts are Disney attractions. For my fam we love to go to MK early, Monorail (or boat) to Poly and eat at the Kona for bfast, monorail to any other resort we want to browse at and then either head back to MK or EPCOT. Remember you can also Monorail one way and boat back another and that you can use Disney Transportation without a park ticket as long as you aren't entering a park.

2) People watching. Several of my favorite places I like are in MK; the train station platform after grabbing a drink and maybe a cupcake from Starbucks (you can't believe how calm it is up there during most of the day, the exceptions are for parades/fireworks when it can get packed), and the little alcove with table and chairs about halfway down Main Street. It's right before the Crystal Arts shop (it's on your right hand side as you head toward the castle from the entrance). It's a perfect place to chill while still being on Main Street and part of the action, and has so many details to soak up, such as hearing music and dance lessons from the windows above. Also, sitting on "Tony's Porch" in the white rocking chairs watching people go by.

3) Take the time to walk extra (eek!). I love to stroll paths esp. when there are not a lot of people around. The path between Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. The path around Hourglass Lake early in the morn when I'm staying at Pop. The paths back into the various gardens around EPCOT WS. Walking the beach between Grand Floridian and the Poly. Walking from EPCOT to DHS, stopping at Ample Hills on the Boardwalk for some ice cream (again through EPCOT's back door)...

* Exploring Pandora during the day (for photo ops, like the one to the left) and at night (to absorb the otherworldly atmosphere).

* Some of the shows, like Country Bears Jamboree, Tiki Room, and Fantasmic!

* Seeing the parades. Only one is available now, but it's a doozy: the Festival of Fantasy parade in the afternoon at Magic Kingdom.

* Playing at the Shootin' Arcade in the Magic Kingdom's Frontierland (not free, but you can get a lot of "mileage" for a buck, and it's a great, old fashioned game).

I love reading these! Mine are:

1. Going through the park slowly and seeing all of the incredible details. Like this time we were at AK before it got too crowded and I noticed beautiful elephant engravings in stone.
2. I love the Disney ducks. Love to watch them swimming in the fountain in Germany or just hanging out in the MK.
3. Watching the cast members make desserts at Big Top Treats. It smells soooo good in there and I love to see how they create the caramel apples and other assorted treats!

1. IllumiNations (Epcot's fireworks show)
2. Festival of Fantasy parade in Magic Kingdom
3. Happily Ever After (Magic Kingdom's fireworks/projection show)
4. Catching the "streetmosphere" in any of the parks (especially on Main St. in Magic Kingdom)

It's not around anymore, but La Nouba (Cirque du Soleil) at Disney Springs was absolutely incredible. So glad I got to see it.

Dining reservations are made. Fastpass rides are secured.

Now I'm filling in my days so i thought I'd get this post going again to hear more great ideas on what to do.

Meeting characters! So much fun, even for us "big kids."

Festival of the Lion King AND Finding Nemo the Musical at AK.

Move It Shake It at MK (haven't been since Phineas & Ferb left but I take it Judy & Nick are still there). I also like the "Mickey's Friendship Faire" castle show, esp. the Princess & the Frog portion.

Eating at various World Showcase spots in Epcot.

1) Dole whip from MK, AK, and Poly - love Dole whip!
2) resort boat from MK to Poly
3) view Electrical Water Pageant from Poly
4) My kids love doing sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game when lines build at MK.
5) character meets

1. Happily Ever After
2. Exploring Other Resorts: We stayed at Pop, but explored AKL, POFQ, Poly, Boardwalk, Contemporary, and the Grand .
4. Tusker House: honestly the best experience and one of the best meals we had in our whole 8 days.

I like all the suggestions so far though I would add a few

1. Catching a street performer at the Boardwalk.
2. Tour of Sanaa by a cast member from Africa and with a free bread service
3. Just sitting and enjoying all the happy faces passing buy at the parks or resorts

These are all so lovely to read!

• Entering the parks in the morning for rope drop - I get so excited every time! Everyone is fresh and awake and ready to go!
  • Eating! I think WDW has some amazing food and I'm always thrilled to try a new place or visit a favorite.
  • The shows, of course! The fireworks over MK make me cry every. single. time. So magical.

1. Take pictures of the family especially my kids with all the pretty décor at Walt Disney World
2. Meeting characters for those beautiful photo op moments
3. Snacking on all the good food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!