Total Newbie--Questions regarding restaurants

ribbot

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have learned so much from the Transportation and Resorts area of this site, now it's onto Restaurants.

Background---haven't been to Disney since 1990. This time we have a 4 year old son (last time was honeymoon). Soooo anyway, where can I find out what restaurants need reservations?

Next question--Since I am new to this--and I've heard there are character breakfasts, etc...are there lunches and dinner too? And where do I find out about those?

I made my reservations with WDW for my passes and hotel, but was told to call back for dinner reservations---does this include character meals and regular dining too? Or do I do the regular meals when I am there?

Can someone lead me into the right direction please? For the life of me, I don't remember ANY place at all that we ate 14 years ago (boy, must not have been too memorable huh). Ahhhh, since it was our honeymoon--we must have been in love and food wasn't that important... :)

Thanks for your help!

welcome! yes there are character meals--breakfast lunch and dinner. these along w/regular dining need to have PS(disney speak for reservations)arrangements made beforehand. these can be made 90 days out. (just about all the sitdowns and character dining will need PSs. there are a few sitdowns that do not take them. the counter services, obviously, don't take them). you can make those by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE. have you looked at the menus on deb's site? also, there is a section as to where to the characters dine. www.allearsnet.com i gave you the site address instead of just a menu link as there is a ton of helpful info there. hope this helps a little.:tongue:

I just want to add that Priority Seatings are not the same as standard restaurant reservations in that a table is not "held" for you. A PS means you are supposed to get the next available table appropriate for your party's size. To me it's not a big deal, but I've seen other guests making a scene because "their table" wasn't ready at the appointed time and they had to wait 15 or 20 minutes even though they had a "reservation".

start reading the dining section at www.allearsnet.com

Some specific answers.

PSs ope 90 days out (Priority Seating - "Disneyspeak" for Reservation - it has some differences from a traditional reservation).

Almost all sit down restaurants take PS. Counter service do not.

Some people wing it. Others (including myself) are firm believers in making PSs.

You'll want PSs for any meal you really want to do (like character meals!)

If you don't have a Disney guidebook, I love mine for restaurant browsing - which may be a good start. If you have questions, plenty of people here will give you their opinion on the quality of a resturant. There is also a dining database on the "home" site here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter