Touring Plans

ClosetDisMom

Mouseketeer
As DVC members, do you use the TouringPlans.com memberships? I haven't done it before and am contemplating the membership for the next year as we have 1 trip planned and one is the works between now and next February. Pros? Cons? Worth it for DVC stays?

Thanks!

Our family has used the TP crowd calendar since 1999. The calendar used to be in the book Unofficial Guide to WDW. We have always found it very useful. The website has a lot to offer. The fact that the crowd calendar can be updated when they need to has been helpful. There also is the ability to look at the view that you would have from certain hotel/villa rooms. We haven't really used a "plan" for touring as far as which ride to ride next. Using FP helps alot with that. Also, we have been so many times that if a certain ride or attraction has a long wait we just walk on by and try to catch it later.

We are veteran WDW tourists with dozens of trips under our belts and we've been subscribing for the past couple of years. It's fun to play around with, the ADR finder is cool, the Lines app is good, and the cost is next to nothing when you look at a budget for a Disney trip. There's also a community of users over there who seem to be helpful.:earsboy:

I am another success story for the room request feature! We used it for 3 DVC stays (and one cash stay) this year and got a good match for all 3 requests (exact room, next room over, and two rooms over) for the DVC stays. We also use the calendar and dining reservation finder. Worth the price for us (I just renewed). There is usually a discount available or at least there was when I was signing up.

4X/yr visitors and we subscribe. As mentioned, pocket change in comparison to the larger accounting. Nice features. We use the room request, ADR Finder, we have followed a custom touring plan and we like the calendar, forum and room finder.

Signed up for first time this fall, my success rate for specific room locations over the last five stays since 10/17, all factoring in the type/category of room actually booked:

floor 1:5 (not @ SSR, BWV or 2 PoP, only All Star Sports)

Building 1:5 (not @ SSR, 2 X PoP or All Star Sports...BWV standard studio basically a ‘given’ parking lot view)

Will be curious to see how the rest of this year pans out.

Have had luck with ADRs. Don’t bother with specific touring plans. Do look at crowd calendars but we go when go, crowds or not & still have a great time.

I do appreciate the auto updates as to park hours for trips, especially when am ones are extended. We then tend to skip that park if just he & me.

Will definitely renew:)

I love using touring plans -- i believe most of their estimated wait times are reasonable. probably except rides like FOP and what will be the new TS land - simply because there is not a good hx of wait times. It helps especially if you want to include shows. It is fun just to play around with it. If you have a trip planned and in your touring plans system they will email you if there are changes in park crowds and/or park hours.

It has the ADR finder/notifier so if you are looking at a particular restaurant and there is nothing you can sign up and get a text when a reservation opens up.

Signed up for first time this fall, my success rate for specific room locations over the last five stays since 10/17, all factoring in the type/category of room actually booked:
I thought that the room request feature through touring plans did not work for DVC reservations. I could have sworn that i read that. And from the results that i had on my last trip - I requested BWV high floor area towards swan and dolphin (and away from that creepy clown pool). I got the opposite -- first floor right facing the pool. They did accommodate and were able to change us.

I just subscribed for first time. For the reservation finder. And it has been great. Found me three reservations this past week...for a March trip.

I used them for the lines app. I tried the room finder for our trip this summer. Three resorts and I didn't get any of my requests. I was pretty general with my requests but it still didn't help.

their lines app is spot on with what the expected wait actually is...we used it quite a bit a week ago and the only time it was off was at the ned of the night on Peter Pan.

I’ve also had great success with the ADR finder. The room request has worked very well at BCV for me. Not at poly or VGF though.

I like using the touring plans optimizer to make sure my park schedule is doable. I have a pretty good internal clock, but it’s nice to have the computer confirm my plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!