Touring Resorts at Christmas

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if it is possible to visit all the resorts in the Boardwalk area in one evening?

Now, I don't know these resorts at all, really, so I may be way off in what I am hoping to accomplish.

Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin?

I am wondering if it is possible to visit all the resorts in the Boardwalk area in one evening?

Now, I don't know these resorts at all, really, so I may be way off in what I am hoping to accomplish.

Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin?

Definitely.

A fe w years back, my wife and I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and toured many of the other hotels/resorts nearby to see the Christmas decorations, etc. We loved it and was well worth the effort.

Where is the best place to park?

That's a tricky issue. There is limited parking for YC, BC and BWI. Only guests of those resorts are guaranteed parking - and even with that I have heard stories of having to do many laps to find an open spot. People that have ADRs at a corresponding resort are usually allowed to park for up to 3 hours. I believe anyone can elect to pay for valet parking at any of the resorts in the area for any reason.

Anything else is at-your-own-risk. You may be allowed to park for free if you say you are visiting the boardwalk area, want to see the resort decorations, etc. - it is completely up to the discretion of the parking attendant. The lots in the Epcot resort area and the MK resort area are usually monitored and controlled much more closely than other resort parking lots because of the obvious easier access to the corresponding parks (plus HS) and free parking vs. parking fees in the Epcot lot or TTC.

I would suggest having a backup plan if you are not able to park. Such as parking in CBR lot or going back to your own resort's lot and getting an Uber.

The other options are to plan to see the resorts on a day you are visiting Hollywood Studios or Epcot and walk or take the friendship boats to the area (making sure that if you drove to the park, that it is still open when you expect to be done so you can get back to your car!!) . Or, make an ADR at one of the restaurants in the area.

Where is the best place to park?

If you are going to a park in the morning and pay for parking, you are covered to park at DHS in the evening and take the boat over to the Boardwalk area.

If not, leave a little early and park for free at Disney Springs - then take a bus over to one of the Boardwalk area resorts.

We've only once been told "no" by the parking attendant, and they had an event. Now, we usually go over there later in the day. I think the answer might be different in the morning, or after dinnertime.

If you are going to a park in the morning and pay for parking, you are covered to park at DHS in the evening and take the boat over to the Boardwalk area.

If not, leave a little early and park for free at Disney Springs - then take a bus over to one of the Boardwalk area resorts.
We ate at ESPN Club once way back in 1998 and I remember there was valet parking but we didn't have an ADR for it...we were walk up.

I may just Uber us over there from Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'm trying to avoid Disney Springs if possible.

Yes and I'd recommend the following "crawl":

Start at Swan and Dolphin—enjoy the dancing palm tree lights. S&D has dancing lights all-year-round, synchronized to music, but they do it to Christmas music during the holiday season. I believe Swan has the giant poinsettia tree.

Then I'd make your way over to the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk has some lights outside on the lawn and the lobby is gorgeous.

Then I'd go to Yacht Club, which is nice and elegant, then finish at Beach Club, which has a gorgeous gingerbread display. We usually like to finish at Ample Hills with an ice cream, however, you can also do Beaches & Cream.

The Dolphin has had a giant poinsettia tree in the past, but they are renovating the lobby. It may not be there. The Swan has had a huge chocolate sculpture in the past and the smell is amazing. The gingerbread in the other resorts smells great, too.

It is a fun way to spend an evening!

You can walk from the Swan & Dolphin to the BW area by crossing the bridge over to the BW right at the S&D. Then you can just walk around to the BC and YC.

See if you can be there when Santa & Mrs. Claus are present in the walkway between the S&D. They were hilarious when we were last there (but it's not necessarily for kids, however!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!