TOWL

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Just came back from a trip and we went to TOWL one night. They not only asked for our blue DVC card, but my license as well.

I watched and they did this to both the group in front and behind me. It was pretty busy when we got up there about 15 minutes prior to fireworks (all tables filled) and stayed busy after as well. We did manage to find seats on the couch and stayed about an hour and it was still busy.

Was good to see that it is getting used but thought I'd share my experience as this is the first time I was asked to show my license...but I haven't been since last year.

When we went, they scanned my MB. Maybe when really busy, they check picture ID.

:earsboy: Bill

I've found that different CM's have different requirements. I've been asked for the member card and ID in the past but then some just scan the MB.

Does anyone know if you have a room on the top floor do you have to go down to go back up? I assume yes

We had a 2 bedroom on the 16th floor one year, and just walked out our villa door, down the hall and entered the lounge. No need to go back downstairs.

Very relaxing and nice to get away for a few minutes from the heat. I heard it's only open for another year. Hope that isn't true.

Very relaxing and nice to get away for a few minutes from the heat. I heard it's only open for another year. Hope that isn't true.
It renews on an annual basis. Just like signing a lease, because that’s exactky what it is. Disney leases that space from the BLT owners.

Does anyone know if you have a room on the top floor do you have to go down to go back up? I assume yes

We were on the Top Floor in 2013. We just walked over. We need our KTWC to access the elevator just to get to our floor every time.

We only went to the lounge one night, but it was very nice to stay at the top!

There is a bar and a viewing deck. Disney runs the bar and leases the space from BLT owners, they keep the money and if sales were to decrease, they would close the bar. The viewing deck would remain open because it is paid for by the BLT owners.

:earsboy: Bill

Unfortunalty, I feel the TOWL isn't all that it used to be. With the projections on the castle, you really can't see much. I figure Disney uses about 1/2 of the firewarks they have used in the past. Not sure if I'll go back any time soon.

I loved the 7 Layer Cake at Top of the World lounge, I'd make a special trip just to eat that, fireworks or not!

Unfortunalty, I feel the TOWL isn't all that it used to be. With the projections on the castle, you really can't see much. I figure Disney uses about 1/2 of the firewarks they have used in the past. Not sure if I'll go back any time soon.
I thought I read that someone counted the fireworks and there are as many or more in the new show.

This may have been asked in another thread but, if you’re a BLT owner and paying cash at a moderate do you still have access to TOWL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!