Toy Story Hotel - Disney Shanghai

KingCrusher

Mouseketeer
Anyone stayed here? It seems to have a pretty good rating on TripAdvisor but it seems so cheap relative to other Disney properties. Am I missing something?

We are just back from our trip - we stayed there July 8 and 9. It’s a decent hotel; I’d put it on par with the value resorts at WDW - it’s a bit ‘bare bones’. It’s fresh and new and the theming is fun, but the room was a bit cramped for our party of 4, and there is no pool. The on-site quick service food market has a good selection of items and good operating hours. We didn’t eat at the table service restaurant.

You definitely want to stay on property to take advantage of hotel guest perks when visiting the park.

We stayed there in 2017. It's not my favourite hotel, but it was mostly clean and obviously very close to the park.

We haven't stayed at many official "Disney" hotels, but it reminded me most of Pop Century at WDW, but with a poorer / odder layout. To be fair, we were put in a room that was the absolute farthest away from the elevator as physically possible.

The restaurant was extremely expensive. And the store offered pretty limited merchandise. Neither of those are major issues given the close proximity to Disney Town (or whatever it is called there) with plenty of restaurants and a giant-sized Disney store.

Stayed there in December 2017 - A great value type hotel - Amazing styling and details - we got 2 rooms and one of ours was significantly nicer than the other - top floor, overlooking the park and could see the fireworks :) Our 3 kids stayed across the hall and it was a carpark view and 2 double beds and it felt a lot more squished as it was a different room layout.

The room was large and comfortable - Everything in it you would need -The room toiletries are SUPER cute - shuttles are great for getting to and from - Gift shop is nice, and the added touches of character meetings outside were amazing. I think for a value type stay, its amazing. It reminded me a lot of a better version of Paradise Pier but newer :)

The food court for breakfast didn't have a HUGE selection but enough to get us going for the day :)

We would 100% stay there again :)

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're used to fancy Disney Resort hotels, then you'll be disappointed by the smallish rooms and lack of amenities. But Toy Story Hotel isn't meant to be fancy, it's meant to be on-par with the Value-tier resorts in Florida. For us, it's great...but we also genuinely enjoy staying at Pop Century.

We stayed there for a couple of nights last October and I agree with the comments here. They decorated the room nicely for my birthday! It was small but comfortable for the two of us. My sis loved her morning run around the resort the day we left for the train north. I enjoyed the breakfast and the meet and greet with Woody and Jessie in the courtyard and the neat Halloween decorations they had up.

I stayed at the Toy Story Hotel last December, and I was surprised that I loved it so much.

I think it's the best Value hotel in all of Disneylands in Asia. The theming and amenities are much better than what I expect a value hotel to be, and it just had a fun atmosphere.

All of the reports that said Cast Members are not as friendly, I found it to be the opposite. They are too friendly sometimes asking me do I need any help when I was just roaming around absorbing the atmosphere. Maybe I looked a little lost :earboy2:

The bed was also comfortable enough for me to get a good night sleep. I hate hard beds and European's hotel usually tends to be on the harder side, and Toy Story Hotel is good enough.

If you want a detailed review as well as pictures of my stay you can go to https://holidaymulu.com/toy-story-hotel-shanghai-review-fun-for-kids/. Hope this help.

Also, I enjoyed my stay at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel's Club level, and it was the best Disneyland Hotels Club Lounge out of all Asian Disney Resorts, but I would stay at Toy Story Hotel again if I need to plan to do an all day in the Park vacation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!