Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

Man, what a horrible morning i had. I will forever kick myself for not setting our alarm. I would also like to complain about the walking path from Beach Club. It took forever! Luckily a CM was nice enough to let us on aliens alter i explained what i did, and i had gotten a 10am SDD fp, so at leasy we got ln those 2. Did not get to do Tsmm because the line around 11 was 50 mins. Then RNR went down. So grand total of 3 rides there. Left at noonish. Words cannot Express how mad i am at myself.

Well, I am disappointed. I had trouble with signing up the day the sign up happened. The website froze, I got several error messages. I never got a confirmation but at one point, I got a message I was already signed up. I was trying for yesterday, but also tried for today as a backup after I the first error message.

I called the special phone number, CM said he’d escalate it to their web services & I’d hear back. Never did, figured they couldn’t do anything. Never got ANY email confirmation or reminders. I specifically checked after reading about email reminders & FPs here. NOTHING. Checked my MDE in the app & website several times over the last few days for our other FPs, including the paid club level ones. Nothing for this event. Then with the app & website glitching yesterday, everything was coming & going. Checked the app the way to the Studios at about 9:20, no plans at all for today. But I know we have 3 CL FPs, 3 regular FPs, lunch with an Imagineer & check in to GF RPC scheduled. So I sign into the website instead of the app. All our plans are there. As I scroll down, I see anytime fastpasses for SDD & Alien Saucers. Are you kidding me?!!

Apparently I was signed up. No notice, no reminder. The anytime fastpasses were not there yesterday. No way to know I could go. Disney IT strikes again.

Last edited:
So what happens if you have other FPs in your account on the day of this event? I have some at MK that day
Those did not affect the other FPs in my account. (I had made a couple for after RD for my brother since his flight was way later than mine, and he was also able to modify those.) My AS2 showed up all day even though I didn't use it during the event hours. Everything else glitching with MDE yesterday doesn't surprise me that it showed up, but I did not attempt to use it later anyway.

So I sign into the website instead of the app.
I experienced this problem the whole time during our 4-day trip. They app would sometimes show my FP (MK, EP, HS, it didn't matter), and sometimes they'd ALL disappear. I signed into the website and they would show up, and sometimes - but not always - doing that would get them to show up on the app. It was rough - but my FP always seemed correct on the website. Luckily I had the email confirmation printout and we had set our alarm. And since we'd planned this trip so last minute, we really didn't have much in FP anyway. We probably used about 1/2 of the FP I made; the rest of the time, oh well. I had a bunch of anytime Tier 2 FP at EP that we just didn't use.

Sorry, @WillowRain, that is a HUGE bummer about your alarm.

Well, I am disappointed. I had trouble with signing up the day the sign up happened. The website froze, I got several error messages. I never got a confirmation but at one point, I got a message I was already signed up. I was trying for yesterday, but also tried for today as a backup after I the first error message.

I called the special phone number, CM said he’d escalate it to their web services & I’d hear back. Never did, figured they couldn’t do anything. Never got ANY email confirmation or reminders. I specifically checked after reading about email reminders & FPs here. NOTHING. Checked my MDE in the app & website several times over the last few days for our other FPs, including the paid club level ones. Nothing for this event. Then with the app & website glitching yesterday, everything was coming & going. Checked the app the way to the Studios at about 9:20, no plans at all for today. But I know we have 3 CL FPs, 3 regular FPs, lunch with an Imagineer & check in to GF RPC scheduled. So I sign into the website instead of the app. All our plans are there. As I scroll down, I see anytime fastpasses for SDD & Alien Saucers. Are you kidding me?!!

Apparently I was signed up. No notice, no reminder. The anytime fastpasses were not there yesterday. No way to know I could go. Disney IT strikes again.
Well, this gives me hope that I will be ok. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Had an excellent morning there today. We were in the 8-9 window but arrived at the gate at 7:15 and were ushered right in. We drove and parked, had quite the walk through the maze in the parking lot. Got into Toy Story Land by 7:20 and walked right on Slinky Dog. Had to use the fast pass for the first ride of the day (the fast passes showed up on MDE this morning when I checked the website as the app has been down most of the trip). Wound up going on slinky dog 7 times, aliens twice, and had breakfast before the rope droppers arrived at 8:45. TSM was closed for the event but opened with rope drop, so we went on that at 8:50 with a minimal wait. Overall probably one of the best experiences I’ve ever had in a Disney World, and we’ve had a ton of trips there. The ability to walk right back on a ride like we did with slinky dog this morning has only happened to us in tiny local amusement parks. Having that happen in Disney was AMAZING!

I did this on 9/6. I had the 8-9 slot (husband opted to sleep in). I drove over from SSR and was through the checkpoints by 7:30. I rode SDD 4x, AS2 1x, and TSM 1x. I thought this was a really well done event for APs and gave me that "exclusive" feeling. Before the rope drop people entered, I grabbed a coffee from Starbucks, sat at one of their outdoor tables, and watched everyone enter the park.

For comparison, we also signed up for the AP event in Epcot for later that evening. We both said we would not do an evening event again. Non APs were still trying to get on rides at 10 pm (witnessed firsthand) and were able to purchase food from booths in WS after official park close (9 pm) without wristbands being checked. We decided to call it a night earlier than expected. I veered OT a little here, but there was a big difference between these AP offerings and wanted to share.

Morning events I would do again in a heartbeat.

I did this on 9/6. I had the 8-9 slot (husband opted to sleep in). I drove over from SSR and was through the checkpoints by 7:30. I rode SDD 4x, AS2 1x, and TSM 1x. I thought this was a really well done event for APs and gave me that "exclusive" feeling. Before the rope drop people entered, I grabbed a coffee from Starbucks, sat at one of their outdoor tables, and watched everyone enter the park.

For comparison, we also signed up for the AP event in Epcot for later that evening. We both said we would not do an evening event again. Non APs were still trying to get on rides at 10 pm (witnessed firsthand) and were able to purchase food from booths in WS after official park close (9 pm) without wristbands being checked. We decided to call it a night earlier than expected. I veered OT a little here, but there was a big difference between these AP offerings and wanted to share.

We did both events on 9/6, too. The morning, thumbs up. The evening, not so much. We rode TT and hung out at the dance party. I agree day guests were hanging out dancing and shopping. Kinda made me mad, because it was suppose to be "exclusive". I don't know what Disney could do to kick them out. Similar to day guests at MNSSHP or MVMCP.

We did the same on 9/6 and we were very disappointed in the Epcot event. Then we had all kinds of problems getting back to our hotel. Not a good night.

The TSL event was just so awesome. Wasn't a good idea to do both in one day.

Thank you to all contributors on this thread. We attended the event this morning and had the most amazing time. We entered the park at 7:11am, and proceeded directly to TSL. Enjoyed Slinky Dog a grand total of 8 times, Alien Spinning Saucer 3 times, and Toy Story Mania once. We then walked around to take some pictures, and finally got our breakfast at Woody's. At 8:45am, we watched the hoards of people invade Slinky Dog. We finished eating at 8:50am, and went to Sunset Blvd, where we walked on Tower of Terror once, and Rockin' Rollercoaster twice. Done by 9:25am. Epic morning! What an amazing event!! Thanks for all the information prior to our day, so we felt well prepared.

A little OT, but - we did MNSSHP 2 days before the TS Land event, and I agree that evening events are harder (and feel more crowded) because it takes some time for the lines to die down. It didn't help that an evening thunderstorm shut down half of the MNSSHP rides for an hour in the middle of the event. The TS Land event felt more peaceful and less like a mad dash.

I did the EPCOT event too and the CM were checking for bands before o went into the land and asked at TT and again when o got my AP cutting board and magnet. They did not ask people with out to leave the dance party but when I stoped by there were maybe 15-20 people there. For something free I thought it was ok not as good as the TSL event for sure.

We are attending this event tomorrow morning. The fast passes appeared in the MDE account this morning. I hope that TSM is open during the pass holders event because that is the ride that I hope to ride several times.

We are attending this event tomorrow morning. The fast passes appeared in the MDE account this morning. I hope that TSM is open during the pass holders event because that is the ride that I hope to ride several times.
It was open this morning. We only rode twice but it was open. Rode SDD 5 times, Aliens twice and TSM twice. It was wonderful.

TSMM was open when we went on Tuesday. We rode it once as a family, and then 2x in a row (without having to get off) after DH left and had to catch an earlier flight. ODD did SDD alone after DH left (YDD too short to ride and I had to stay with her), and DH and I each went 2x with ODD before he had to leave. Did Saucer Spin countless times with YDD and as a family.

My recent experience was like the others. Got there before my window, went in, rode rides multiple times.
When I left the park at the end of the day I stopped by Guest Relations and told them how enjoyable and relaxing the AP time was in TSL.
It was absolutely a wonderful experience.

Is there anybody who took a Minnie Van/Lyft that can confirm the drop off location with all the construction?

EDIT: @tinabina919 sorry my phone didn't add your quoted message I guess, but this was in response to your question:

We entered the parking area and all I know (it was still very dark)was we went past the guard shack/gate, then around to a CM directing us left, and as the next attendant tried to direct our Lyft driver into a spot, he rolled down the window and said dropping off, Lyft! We were to the left of construction, and it was maybe 3 minutes of walking curving to the left at most to the sorcerer Mickey statue.
It was much closer than parking or buses or walking from Epcot/resorts as we walked those a few times over the course if our stay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter