Toy story land opening...

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I have never been at Disney during the opening of anything, but we may be there for a few days when Toy story land opens... I know it will be crazy busy... but do you think it will be any less busy in July? I am thinking not.. it will be crazy busy all summer for a long time, right?

But, how do fast passes work for things like this.. if we go in July instead will we be able to book fast passes? I am thinking we won't be able to book them before it opens?

Thanks for any info/advice! KIM

There will be an advanced FP+ window opening before the land is open...but I can’t remember how far in advanced Pandora FP+ opened.

Getting a fast pass for a new ride will likely require immediate action at your first allowed time to get it so keep checking. As to crowds, expect the land and attractions there to be extremely crowded. At Pandora, they still are crowded even during supposedly slower times (we were there in late January and the Avatar Flight of Passage had a three hour stand-by wait time). You should expect large crowds there in July (and probably for the next few years)

A suggestion that worked for us for FoP is to try to get the FP not for your first dat, but for as far out as you can.

A suggestion that worked for us for FoP is to try to get the FP not for your first dat, but for as far out as you can.

Agree. That's how we got FoP also. I think we waited until our 5th day to try for it. If I remember correctly, the morning slots went quickly, but even a few hours into the booking window there were still some evening passes available. Navi wasn't an issue.

Agree. That's how we got FoP also. I think we waited until our 5th day to try for it. If I remember correctly, the morning slots went quickly, but even a few hours into the booking window there were still some evening passes available. Navi wasn't an issue.

I agree we couldn't get FPs for FOP for our December trip so for this last one in March, DH and I both checked for FPs. I started at the beginning of our 2 week trip and he started at the back. That is the only way we got those FPs. Flight of Passage is wonderful. I can't wait to ride it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter