TR: And now for something completely different - a WDW Family did DLR *(new - 4/15: HK Disneyland)*

Thanks for sharing your HK DL experience! How awesome that you were able to visit!! I know it's on DH's bucket list, for sure.

Cool! I've heard some great things about Hong Kong. I'm glad you got to check it out. I'm sorry the weather wasn't a little bit better for you, but that is kind of cool that they have an alternative rainy day parade so that they can still bring the characters out and do something for the guests.

I will def be looking for the full TR on your travels to Hong Kong, it sounds SO neat and how awesome to visit while on a work trip haha.

What an adventure! I recently started watching some Youtube videos of Hong Kong Disneyland. I kind of forget about this park, I think Asia = Tokyo Disneyland! I watched a POV for Mystic Manor, and WOW! I first didn't want to watch it and spoil any surprises, but then I though, by the time I ever end up in Hong Kong, surely I will have forgotten it all by then!!
If you took any pics of any menus, I would be interested in seeing those! popcorn::

I always knew about HK Disneyland but never thought I would get there and you hear so much about Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySeas that I thought if I ever went to Asia for a Disney park, it would be there ... but hey, this certainly worked out

So I realized the only menu pic I took was of the item I got for lunch:
menu 1.jpg

So when I went back for a 2nd time :-)rolleyes1) I made sure to get the entire menu for where I went for lunch:
menu 2.jpg

Hong Kong Disney! I think i would like to go to all the Disney parks at sometime!

So cool that you go to check it out, looks like a fund little park!

I would definitely like to get to all the Disney parks .. who knows when the next one will come. I am glad I got to go and it was really fun. Just neat to check out something new and with the low crowds it made it fun to go around and pretty low stress level!

I COMPLETELY forgot you were going to HK- I'm so sorry! I hope the trip as a whole went well!

Love the photo of you outside Mystic Manor. I'm glad it was great as people say.

Baymax! Awesome!

Would love to see more IASW pics- the Jungle Book characters look adorable in there.

I'm sure it was interesting to see PTN here after seeing it in Disneyland!

I'm glad it was a successful day trip with low crowds and mostly low waits! I'm sure it's cool to cross another Disney park off the list! Can't wait to read the full TR :)

Overall the trip went very well! (some issues with the return flight, but hey, I survived)

thank you! Mystic Manor is really cool. I had high expectations and it really at least met them - just really when done and I love the Adventurer's Club so the fact this relates to that only adds to it!

I was happy to meet Baymax - definitely a different sort of meet but fun!

I may have taken more IASW pictures when I went back for a second day :-)rolleyes1)

It was cool to see paint the night and to notice the similarities and differences ... definitely got closer to the action here!

Definitely enjoyed the low crowds! Hoping to kick-off the trip report tomorrow!

I'm not sure how I missed the whole end of your TR! Very cool that you got to go to Hong Kong Disneyland - I'd love to read the full version of your day there. Now to go back and catch up on all the DL posts I missed here...

Well, I am glad you are here now! I am planning to do a full TR for Hong Kong Disneyland - hoping to start it tomorrow

Thanks for sharing your HK DL experience! How awesome that you were able to visit!! I know it's on DH's bucket list, for sure.

I am very happy I got the opportunity to visit HK Disneyland, and Hong Kong in general - I feel very fortunate about that. It was a lot of fun - definitely something worth crossing off a bucket list!

Cool! I've heard some great things about Hong Kong. I'm glad you got to check it out. I'm sorry the weather wasn't a little bit better for you, but that is kind of cool that they have an alternative rainy day parade so that they can still bring the characters out and do something for the guests.

I really liked Hong Kong - so easy to get around and great energy. Hong Kong Disneyland was lots of fun and loved the low crowds! The rainy day parade was definitely a bit more to it (at least a unique train float) than what we saw in WDW when it rained, that is for sure.

I will def be looking for the full TR on your travels to Hong Kong, it sounds SO neat and how awesome to visit while on a work trip haha.

Hoping to get the TR started tomorrow! It was definitely neat - lots of really cool attractions and low crowds! Definitely thankful my work picked Hong Kong for our off site this year! Now to get them to Tokyo, Paris, and Shanghai ... oh, and Hawaii ;)

Now that i am freshly back from trip to Disneyland, I went back to reread your general thoughts / comparing posts. I must say i agree with mostly everything you said! Once again thanks for sharing this report, I enjoyed it!

It's so cool to see a WDW menu like that! Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I really liked the food options there ... they were unique and different but every place had enough items that I think most people would find something they would like/find approachable

Now that i am freshly back from trip to Disneyland, I went back to reread your general thoughts / comparing posts. I must say i agree with mostly everything you said! Once again thanks for sharing this report, I enjoyed it!

Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing your thoughts! Would love to hear any specific thoughts you have - hope you had a great trip!

I have loved reading along on this trip report. Thanks for including such great detail. I have never been to Disneyland and found it so interesting. Paint the night looked amazing. Peter and Olivia really did well with their reactions for the Photopass photos at Haunted Mansion and Grizzly Peak.

I enjoyed the final video - at first I was disappointed as I was getting some Warner Bros licence message but I persevered and was able to view on my PC. There is some lovely footage of Emma! She's a darling!

146_asleep%20Olivia.jpg

so yeah, she was out - and stayed that way through out the fireworks.

This reminded me so much of another Snow White I know when she was Olivia's age - although she waited until after the fireworks to pass out!

At the time she wouldn't let me show anyone it but now she's 15 I'm sure she won't object!

I finally caught up to you! I enjoyed your TR so much! Your family is adorable.

Loved the video! Your stream of Emma shots was so precious. Thanks for sharing so much detail,

Hoe fun you got to check out HK DL!!! Looks like fun!

I have loved reading along on this trip report. Thanks for including such great detail. I have never been to Disneyland and found it so interesting. Paint the night looked amazing. Peter and Olivia really did well with their reactions for the Photopass photos at Haunted Mansion and Grizzly Peak.

I enjoyed the final video - at first I was disappointed as I was getting some Warner Bros licence message but I persevered and was able to view on my PC. There is some lovely footage of Emma! She's a darling!

This reminded me so much of another Snow White I know when she was Olivia's age - although she waited until after the fireworks to pass out!

At the time she wouldn't let me show anyone it but now she's 15 I'm sure she won't object!

Thanks for following along and for your comments! It was definitely different but a neat experience to get to Disneyland and compare to WDW.

Not sure what happened to the video but glad you got it working eventually!

Haha, love the picture - great to have those memories ... and probably a sign of a good and fun day when they pass out that much!

I finally caught up to you! I enjoyed your TR so much! Your family is adorable.

Loved the video! Your stream of Emma shots was so precious. Thanks for sharing so much detail,

Hoe fun you got to check out HK DL!!! Looks like fun!

Thanks for catching up! Glad you enjoyed the trip report, I appreciate the feedback!

Glad you liked the video too - I enjoy putting them together and then getting to look back on them!

I did get to Hong Kong and have a trip report going for it if you want to join on that one (link in my signature)

Thanks for following along and for your comments! It was definitely different but a neat experience to get to Disneyland and compare to WDW.

Not sure what happened to the video but glad you got it working eventually!

Haha, love the picture - great to have those memories ... and probably a sign of a good and fun day when they pass out that much!

Thanks for catching up! Glad you enjoyed the trip report, I appreciate the feedback!

Glad you liked the video too - I enjoy putting them together and then getting to look back on them!

I did get to Hong Kong and have a trip report going for it if you want to join on that one (link in my signature)
Yay! I am there! I guess I'm not very observant - thanks for letting me know.

Just finished your trip report and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm excited to read your Hong Kong TR. I am totes jealous! I hate flying and I don't think I will ever be brave enough to have that long of a flight. About three hours on a plane is my limit, lol.

I agree pretty much with all of your observations, but find that I prefer DLR, which is odd since WDW is the one we started off at and truly loved until DLR became our new love. I think that you would give higher marks to the Disney "bubble" if you were staying at the Grand or Disneyland hotel. I always hear that it is so close to stay at an offsite hotel, but then they mention that the Disney "bubble" is better at WDW. If one were to stay offsite at WDW, the Disney "bubble" would also be broken there as well. I think the Disney bubble is just as encompassing as at WDW at DLR if staying at the DL hotel or Grand Californian. I don't remember the view from the monorail so I guess I should ride it again to see if I notice the outside world....

DS and I loved your video! Awesome job! You have a beautiful family! Thank you for taking the time to write your report.

We are tentatively planning on heading back to Disneyland May 26- June 6. It will be our third 10-day trip. Although some consider that way too long, it gives us lots of time to do everything, hit our favorites multiple times, and soak it all in. Your report has made me decide to go back to Blue Bayou and breakfast at Steakhouse 55, try the lobster nachos at Cove Bar. I also agree with your assessment of Carthay Circle. We also were not impressed. I think we will do the dessert party at WOC if they still have it when we go back; although it is expensive for us, I think it will be worth it to be able to sit and enjoy WOC!

Hi Phil! I really enjoyed reading this TR! I love hearing all about Disneyland. It's a dream to get there one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!