• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Airport to Resort

BbearRosenfeld

I see a little bit of a Disney in everything
What do yall recommend we use if we are trying to spend under $100 (including tips) for a round trip to and from airport?
Thanks so much, I leave tomorrow!!!!!!!

I would recommend Tiffany towncar, but at this short notice they may not have availability. Check out their web site, I think they have a $10 off coupon to print out. They will meet you at baggage claim with a cart to help you out with your things.

If Tiffany isn't avail try Happy Limo, Have a great trip!!

Mears transport is only $27 round trip per adult. If you are staying on property, you get a small discount. They are very reliable and are located in the airport.

I've done Mears, Tiffany, & yourride. I like Tiffany best. Quickest & most reliable service. Paid less than $100(with tip) for RT.

I realize this post is late, but it may help someone else.
We bought tickets for MEARS in advance. We waited at the terminal for 1hour and 20 minutes before boarding. We were the only ones heading to Wilderness Lodge. Several buses left for All Stars etc. Complaining did nothing. They just said they would get us there as soon as possible. I will WALK before I use MEARS again.
We couldn't get our money back or we would have and just taken a cab.
Just my 2 cents,
~~georgia

We used Happy Limo 12/01. They picked us up with a town car to CB. It was great. Gave the driver a tip and see ya in a week. Well, for the ride back, the driver was supposed to use a town car, instead showed up with a gorgeous black stretch limo! Didn't have to pay any extra. Was about 85 bucks for the town car round trip.

This tip is kind of late, too--but, here is another option:

Of course, this would be with National Emerald Aisle--I'm not sure how things are going to change with Alamo becoming the new Disney Rental Car Company. (I wonder if National will remain at the Dolphin?)

How about renting a car for 1 day and dropping it off at the Dolphin and when you leave--pick up a rental car at the Dophin and rent for 1 day and drop it off at the airport.

-DC :)

We used Tiffany Town Car for the first time this past August. Super service! The driver was there at baggage claim and was on time for our pick up back to the airport. We had a van because there was 8 of us (2 families) - cost $85 RT plus tip (used the coupon from their website) and split this cost between the 2 families.

Prior to learning about Tiffany Towncar we always used Mears --- long wait for transportation, at least three other resort stops and pick ups. Tiffany took 20 min. to get us to our resort. Mears took much longer.

We also used Mears for our last trip in June. It was a long wait! There were mobs of people going to different resorts.

After a long day of flying and waiting in the heat for a trip to our resort we were not happy campers. Next time (Dec2002) we will book a towncar.

I always used Mears, but have a different opinion of them now. We also expressed our concern for the long wait but got us no where. 2 hours in the heat just didnt cut it for us.

If we have to pay a bit more for a more personal service then we dont mind. That waiting was awful.

JMO, Stacy in PA

does mears have a towncar also? my ta pushed mears shuttle but i insisted on towncar because of all i read here. she booked towncar but i dont know if it is still through mears or not.

You should ask your TA whom she booked through. I booked Tiffany Towncar myself by calling their 800 #. I am not sure about Mears having towncar service. I only know of their shuttle service - long wait, many stops, too many people. Tiffany was prompt, polite and just for us - no wait, no other stops, and no other people!

Mears does have towncar service. I used then in 1998. Their service was good but as not professional as Tiffany. Mears did not have any discounts and tiffany had a cupon on their website. Tiffany was more reliable and the driver was nicer than the Mears driver. I used to use the Mears shuttle before they went to the big bus. They used to have a van that held about 20 people and made a few stops. Now it looks like you are packed into the huge bus and feel like a sardine and hit almost every hotel in Orlando. :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Just a thought on the one day car rental. Usually not a good option. Renting for one day could very well cost $50+ with taxes and all. Usually that is the most expensive way to rent. Three days may not be much more (if not the same as one day, depending on specials, week day vs weekend, ect.
We did this January '01 and even with EA National rate was (I think) $55 or so. I think we got it then for two days for approx $100. Which I thought was still high. A week was the best option. But we didn't want it that long.
We turned the car in at the Car Care Center. That was convenient.
And with the rental, even EA, you still stand in a long line at the airport.

Originally posted by teachingmykids
I realize this post is late, but it may help someone else.
We bought tickets for MEARS in advance. We waited at the terminal for 1hour and 20 minutes before boarding. We were the only ones heading to Wilderness Lodge. Several buses left for All Stars etc. Complaining did nothing. They just said they would get us there as soon as possible. I will WALK before I use MEARS again.
We couldn't get our money back or we would have and just taken a cab.
Just my 2 cents,
~~georgia

Exactly right. We had the Mears in a package deal a couple eyars ago while staying at BWV. We waited at least an hour, watching Mears come and go. Sometimes with only a few people on it. It was ridiculous.

We take a cab now. Less than $100 both ways with tip.

Hi

We used FL Tours and I would recommend them. $85 round trip but I had a $5 coupon from their web site. Our plane landed at 1:45 and we were checked into Wilderness Lodge at 2:45. Much better than the bus!

On our return we were scheduled to leave in the evening but ended up rescheduling to leave very, very, early in the morning and they were very accomadating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter