Transportation from BWV to HS on Marathon Day 2020

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
We are wanting to rope drop Hollywood Studios on January 12th which is the marathon. I read somewhere that the walking path is closed for the race, so it my only option the friendship boats? I am a little leary they will be slow and loaded that day. Any suggestions/past experience/thoughts?

We are wanting to rope drop Hollywood Studios on January 12th which is the marathon. I read somewhere that the walking path is closed for the race, so it my only option the friendship boats? I am a little leary they will be slow and loaded that day. Any suggestions/past experience/thoughts?
Yes, walking path and path along the lake will be part of the marathon route, all the way into Epcot at the International Gateway. We’ve stayed at BWV twice while the marathon weekend events were underway. The boat transportation seemed to be no slower or more crowded than usual. However, I would check if they might be running the bus route from BW to HS that morning. Buses do get pressed into service when the boats are not running due to storms and such, so there are times when this is an option.

Yes, walking path and path along the lake will be part of the marathon route, all the way into Epcot at the International Gateway. We’ve stayed at BWV twice while the marathon weekend events were underway. The boat transportation seemed to be no slower or more crowded than usual. However, I would check if they might be running the bus route from BW to HS that morning. Buses do get pressed into service when the boats are not running due to storms and such, so there are times when this is an option.
The Friendship boats to HS are suspended until 1:00 PM on Marathon Sunday. Copied from the marathon program guide:
  • Friendship boat transportation to and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be delayed until 1 p.m. Bus transportation will be available for applicable Guests.
Having said that, we were able to use the walkway this year to/from HS on Marathon Sunday morning. It was a little congested with runners but we stayed to the side and made it safely. I was actually surprised that the CMs/volunteers let us through, but we asked and they said it was okay.

The Friendship boats to HS are suspended until 1:00 PM on Marathon Sunday. Copied from the marathon program guide:
  • Friendship boat transportation to and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be delayed until 1 p.m. Bus transportation will be available for applicable Guests.
Having said that, we were able to use the walkway this year to/from HS on Marathon Sunday morning. It was a little congested with runners but we stayed to the side and made it safely. I was actually surprised that the CMs/volunteers let us through, but we asked and they said it was okay.

Thanks! this was very helpful information!

That depends on whether the walkway is closed between BW & IG.
It's not. They keep you to the right [cone controlled] as you walk from BW to IG. So, past ESPN Club, over the bridge and right down to IG. Runners follow the same route but exit left just before the Skyliner station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter