Transportation from Universal Resorts to Airport

a-mad

Mouseketeer
Howdy everyone - my wife and I are headed down to WDW for marathon weekend in January. We wanted to tack on a couple of days at Universal. We would be going for just 2 days and 2 nights (Wed and Thurs) and then we fly out on a very early 7am flight on Friday morning the 18th.

There are great rates right now for Cabana Bay, and I think we'll stay there for sure on Wednesday night. The question is whether we stay there Thursday night and then try and get some type of transportation (Uber, Lyft, etc.) on Friday morning super early, or if we checkout of CB on Thursday, go to the parks, then head to one of the airport hotels so we can just take a short, quick shuttle to the airport that morning.

For any who have dealt with travel to/from the airport to Universal, esp. on early mornings, have things gone smooth, or would you recommend getting something close to the airport? Our preference would be just to stay at CB 2 nights, but we definitely don't want to be at risk of missing our flight the next day.

We just used Tony Hinds for our airport transportation. He picked us up about 2 1/2 hours before our flight and had us at the airport with plenty of time! He is highly recommended here!

We just used Tony Hinds for our airport transportation. He picked us up about 2 1/2 hours before our flight and had us at the airport with plenty of time! He is highly recommended here!

Thanks for the advice!

We had an 8:30am flight out of MCO on Sunday and used Uber (scheduled the night before) and got there in plenty of time. In the past, we've had 7:30am flights and used Tony Hinds with no problems whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter