Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

We discovered a great driver while at Universal, who we used 3 times, first for a trip to and from The Royal Pacific to DAK for Moonlight Magic (we weren't done at Universal yet lol so "threw away" a DVC night) and we liked him so well we rebooked him for our move from Universal to WDW and finally from WDW to the airport. It was great to find someone who was reliable, friendly and reasonable (flat rate to airport was $95 which for our group of 6 was much better than Mears, the other trips were I believe $55 each) with whom we could communicate directly - no wondering if he was going to show up and, in fact, he was always early - plus I believe he said he has a booster/boosters (we had our own inflatables) and he could accommodate our luggage plus a 2 seat stroller). He is Keith at Orlando Destination & Travel (ODT), 866-505-8987. We thought he was great and I would highly recommend him. Reliable, reasonable and friendly.

Ok so from what I'm reading I haven't gone back too far in the thread but it seems Tony has retired? He has been our go to for about 9 years now. Sad. Happy for him sad for us. So for our trip in 2 weeks I'm leaning toward Uber. I have never used an uber before. Can they accommodate 5 adults with luggage?

Ok so from what I'm reading I haven't gone back too far in the thread but it seems Tony has retired? He has been our go to for about 9 years now. Sad. Happy for him sad for us. So for our trip in 2 weeks I'm leaning toward Uber. I have never used an uber before. Can they accommodate 5 adults with luggage?
If you get an Uber XL it will be a minivan or three row SUV, which should meet your needs easily. Regular Uber only takes 4 passengers max.

If staying at one resort do you then pay a day parking to visit another resort? My friends will be at Portifino Bay and I am thinking of booked Dockside Inn. But friends want us to go hang with them to watch football game. Don't want to pay another $30 to park there.

If staying at one resort do you then pay a day parking to visit another resort? My friends will be at Portifino Bay and I am thinking of booked Dockside Inn. But friends want us to go hang with them to watch football game. Don't want to pay another $30 to park there.
If you’re not staying at a particular hotel it’s like $45 to park, even if you already paid to park elsewhere. If you’re staying at Dockside, take UO transportation or an Uber/Lyft to get to Portofino.

For those who have used Uber, what is the price like? I price checked on my app and it looks like if I prebook a trip it won’t be much less than any other car service.
I wish Universal would let you book the shuttle without having to book a package trip.

For those who have used Uber, what is the price like? I price checked on my app and it looks like if I prebook a trip it won’t be much less than any other car service.
I wish Universal would let you book the shuttle without having to book a package trip.
It is going to depend on the day and time. In Feb on a Friday afternoon, it was $42 before tip. Going back on a Monday mid-morning it was like 23 before tip> There really is no need to prebook.

I think you can book their shuttle without a package? Did you call to ask?

You can book Universal’s shuttle without a package trip. I did that with no issue for a February 2023 trip.

You can book Universal’s shuttle without a package trip. I did that with no issue for a February 2023 trip.
Did you do it by phone? I don’t see anywhere on the website. Last time I tried to book the shuttle I was told it was only available for packages.

Did you do it by phone? I don’t see anywhere on the website. Last time I tried to book the shuttle I was told it was only available for packages.
Yes, I called and gave flight info. and paid:

The Shuttle must be booked at least 24 hours prior to guests scheduled flight time. To add or modify flight information, call 1-866-604-7557 between 8.00 am and 5.30 pm. To purchase the SuperStar Shuttle call 1-866-604-7557.

Yes, I called and gave flight info. and paid:

The Shuttle must be booked at least 24 hours prior to guests scheduled flight time. To add or modify flight information, call 1-866-604-7557 between 8.00 am and 5.30 pm. To purchase the SuperStar Shuttle call 1-866-604-7557.
Thank you. Either things have changed since my previous trip or I was misinformed.

Thank you. Either things have changed since my previous trip or I was misinformed.
Yeah as long as you have a room reservation your can book the SuperStar Shuttle.

I used to do that in the past.

As long as you are coming in during normal hours its very good - off hours not so much but YMMV

Also if you have more than one person its probably not going to be much less than Uber

I am at Universal now and starting to see new bus designs for Super Star Shuttle !
When Epic Universe opens Universal Studios Orlando should steal the complimentary shuttle service idea ( Magic Express ) for resort guests !
I’m always happy to see Mears on USO property still!
Thanks for providing contact info to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter