Trash will now be taken every day

thing is, there was always a possibility that those persons would enter your room.
yes, but now they insist on doing it when you are sleeping, showering or changing clothes.

I've never had a hotel employee demand entry to my room.

They have always quietly gone in and out without being intrusive.

I just wonder what happens when somebody’s iPad goes missing while the guest is in the parks, and the trash has been taken out. Who’s paying for the replacement?

I just wonder what happens when somebody’s iPad goes missing while the guest is in the parks, and the trash has been taken out. Who’s paying for the replacement?

Probably Disney, if there is any evidence that it was actually ever in the room. They have pretty darn good customer service. As for who is held accountable, whoever checked your room.
In terms of thefts, this system is actually better than the previous one because you know someone will be entering your room, so you can prepare for it, and now certain individuals are responsible for certain rooms.
There were tons of thefts at my school when anyone on the cleaning staff could clean any room. The cleaning crew was then told that each member was responsible for specific rooms. If anything went missing, it was their responsibility. Suddenly the thefts stopped.

Just returned from BCV. I had no idea there was now daily trash service. Even when I checked in last week , no one told me.

We slept in one day and got a knock on the door at 7:45 a.m. that seems awfully early! My mistake I guess for not putting room occupied sign up but 7:45 really? Opened door and housekeeper said she was there for trash and towel (this was day 3). I was surprised bc I knew it was day 4 that we get trash and towel. I asked her to come back later. An hour later she knocked on door again. Told her to come back later.

We left room around 11 and gathered all the used towels together as usual on towel day. Came back at 4 and we had no towels or trash service but had a big pile of our dirty towels. We did not have room occupied sign on door. I had to google DVc trash last week just to find out daily trash was now new. So strange. (I could do without trash service every day.) I was annoyed that not only were we woken up at 7:45 for this service but also we were eventually forgotten.

Well, here today after leaving house at 1 am with plans to go to Disney After Hours tonight.

DVC pulled strings to get me into my room at AKL-K at 1pm so I could take a nap. I’m grateful enough not to push the entry issue when I move to BCV tomorrow.

DVC bought some goodwill on the policy by letting me get a nap when I needed it. Even if they disturb a nap later, the one I just took makes up for it.

Just returned from BCV. I had no idea there was now daily trash service. Even when I checked in last week , no one told me.

We slept in one day and got a knock on the door at 7:45 a.m. that seems awfully early! My mistake I guess for not putting room occupied sign up but 7:45 really? Opened door and housekeeper said she was there for trash and towel (this was day 3). I was surprised bc I knew it was day 4 that we get trash and towel. I asked her to come back later. An hour later she knocked on door again. Told her to come back later.

We left room around 11 and gathered all the used towels together as usual on towel day. Came back at 4 and we had no towels or trash service but had a big pile of our dirty towels. We did not have room occupied sign on door. I had to google DVc trash last week just to find out daily trash was now new. So strange. (I could do without trash service every day.) I was annoyed that not only were we woken up at 7:45 for this service but also we were eventually forgotten.

OMG, that's awful! I'm another one who thinks that 7:45 is way too early. But it doesn't surprise me-from what I've heard, management has given Housekeepers this added duty of entering and taking trash out every day from every room, but they haven't hired any extra Housekeepers. Therefore, Housekeepers have to start earlier. I guess we'd better put the room occupied sign out when we go to bed at night, and not remove it until we leave for the parks the next day.

Our experience was that a different person from our housekeeper did the trash. We were at Boardwalk Villas.

We are at VGF. We have had our trash picked up daily, but always when we are out at the parks. No one has banged on our door at odd hours. There are no “room occupied” signs for our door, and I haven’t asked for one.

We have always locked our valuables in the safe, because, don’t kid yourself, people come in and out of these rooms constantly. Frankly, I am glad our trash is getting picked up daily!

We are at VGF. We have had our trash picked up daily, but always when we are out at the parks. No one has banged on our door at odd hours. There are no “room occupied” signs for our door, and I haven’t asked for one.

We have always locked our valuables in the safe, because, don’t kid yourself, people come in and out of these rooms constantly. Frankly, I am glad our trash is getting picked up daily!
This was our experience over 17 nights which ended today.

This was our experience over 17 nights which ended today.

We cook dinner most evenings in our apartment. It is our way of gathering everyone together for a couple of hours. We chat about our day, and enjoy being together. Before and after everyone goes in different directions. Even if we are going to the same park we end up splitting up.

The trash piles up!

We cook dinner most evenings in our apartment. It is our way of gathering everyone together for a couple of hours. We chat about our day, and enjoy being together. Before and after everyone goes in different directions. Even if we are going to the same park we end up splitting up.

The trash piles up!
Same here. I find even with daily trash, I was still taking garbage out in the evenings.

FWIW we were at VGC last week. On our day after check in we were in the room relaxing in the afternoon and my niece was on the couch napping. She thought she heard someone come into the room but if they did that was the only indication they ever did. We had no trash removed during our 3 night stay. We did have a Room Occupied sign that we rarely had up.

I hope you complained about this. Not just being awakened early, but also the no T&T despite that being the pretense for the housekeeper.

I hope you complained about this. Not just being awakened early, but also the no T&T despite that being the pretense for the housekeeper.

I don't think it is a T&T service, It reads like it is trash only, no towels except on the 4th or 8th days depending upon the length of your stay.

I don't think it is a T&T service, It reads like it is trash only, no towels except on the 4th or 8th days depending upon the length of your stay.
OK, but according to the member, the housekeeper who knocked said T&T, so that's what I was commenting on. I would still have contacted the front desk, or actually I would have gone to the front desk (calling gets routed to??)...7:45 am, really??

FWIW we were at VGC last week. On our day after check in we were in the room relaxing in the afternoon and my niece was on the couch napping. She thought she heard someone come into the room but if they did that was the only indication they ever did. We had no trash removed during our 3 night stay. We did have a Room Occupied sign that we rarely had up.
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

If the trash is supposed to be taken out, it had better be. If not, then it is nothing more than an opportunity to look in the room. If they knock and state trash and towel, then I would except both. I know they will raise our dues for this, so I will except at the very least that the trash will be attended to. I don't want to pay more in dues for them just to look in the room, but I wouldn't put it past Disney to try to do just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter