Trattoria v the Wave: help!

got15

DIS Veteran
Multi- Generational family (ranging in age from 4 to 76) and we are doing Pirates & Pals. We are staying at BWI and are debating between Trattoria al Forno or the Wave. We have never done Trattoria before- but have done the Wave (food/service has been mixed). So,, for those of you have have done them both- what would you suggest?

I did both two weeks ago (breakfasts) and I liked the food at The Wave much better than what I had at Trattoria. However, the others in my party liked their selections so it could have just been a bad choice on my part. I had the egg white omelet with goat cheese. Sometimes goat cheese really works for me but this one tasted like I had the goat walking in my mouth. To say it was earthy would be putting it mildly.

We did the buffet at the Wave and thought it was very fresh with plenty of options. That being said, we were staying at BLT so it was an easy walk to get to it; I don't think I would go out of my way to do it again, though. If I wanted to make an effort to get to breakfast, I would do Boma or Kona or Grand Floridian.

While I enjoy the Wave, it is not a "destination restaurant" and I would not travel from the Epcot Resorts Area all the way to the Contemporary just to eat there.

We've done both and have enjoyed both of them. Since you've done the Wave before, I would give Trattoria a try!

I did both on my recent April trip. I was not impressed at all with Trattoria - my meal was bland and even my friends meal was bland. The only good thing was the sangria. I enjoyed the wave much more and if you want to put it on a MK day it could be a nice break from the parks.

We've done both and while they were both good, I enjoyed Trattoria more, for both food and atmosphere.

My family enjoys Tratorria. I have not had a meal at the Wave, so I cannot give you any feedback abut that restaurant.

I'd say Tratorria solely for proximity purposes. But, I really wasn't that thrilled with the food there. Atmosphere is quite lovely, though!

Reading these with a lot of interest my 17 year old want Trattoria on our next trip for the Rapunzel M&G.

Since Pirates and Pals puts you right near The Wave and I really like that restaurant, I'd go with that.

I did dinner there last month with 2 GF. We all enjoyed our dinners and the wine list was good. The only drawback was it seemed loud to me - which could have been aggravated by having a table on the edge of the dining floor. I enjoyed it so much we're going as a family during our Christmas trip.

I did dinner there last month with 2 GF. We all enjoyed our dinners and the wine list was good. The only drawback was it seemed loud to me - which could have been aggravated by having a table on the edge of the dining floor. I enjoyed it so much we're going as a family during our Christmas trip.

Which restaurant is "there"?

OP, I have never had dinner at Trattoria al Forno, but we did try breakfast and the result was mixed reviews, mostly "bland" sort of reviews. If you want good Italian in the Boardwalk area, I'd keep right on walking to Il Mulino in the Swan.

Which restaurant is "there"?

OP, I have never had dinner at Trattoria al Forno, but we did try breakfast and the result was mixed reviews, mostly "bland" sort of reviews. If you want good Italian in the Boardwalk area, I'd keep right on walking to Il Mulino in the Swan.
Sorry -- The Wave. Late night answer... <blush>

You can also get breakfast at Trattoria without the character experience, same menu, with regular pricing. You cannot book non character, you just show up as a walk in.

Trattoria all the way! Have been there several times and always a great experience.

We were 14 adults eating at Trattorria in May 2017....we always start our vacation with dinner there....And our fav waitress Lyn is such fun...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!