Travel Changes?

Here is the official announcement regarding ABD PIF extensions for summer trips:

Beginning March 19, 2020, a final payment extension will be automatically added to all reservations for adventures departing July 15 and August 31, 2020.

Final Payments will be extended out an additional 30 days.

Example: A departure with a final payment due today, March 19, 2020, will be extended to April 18, 2020.

• The deposit payment will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15+ days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation
  • With this extension, final payment is due 90 days before Adventure start

I have everything documented in e-mails. Including them saying they would call me on Monday at 9:30, then saying their phone lines were down all day so they couldn't call. Promising to call the next day, then too busy dealing with repatriating other customers. Now I haven't heard anything for 3 days and here I am at PIF and no communication from them.

I am going to dispute the charge with Chase. I don't know under what category I will file, but I will ask for their assistance and see what they say.

Chase should not give you any hassle. Have had several fraudulent charges dealt with by them...successfully. If you thoroughly explain the situation, I'm sure they'll help. If you are getting no communication with Scott Dunn to dispute the charges, then you have no choice. It may take time to get resolved though.

I am disgusted on your behalf that they are treating you this way, and that they charged vendors when you said to wait is also troubling and they should be on everyone's no list now.

Here is the official announcement regarding ABD PIF extensions for summer trips:

Beginning March 19, 2020, a final payment extension will be automatically added to all reservations for adventures departing July 15 and August 31, 2020.

Final Payments will be extended out an additional 30 days.

Example: A departure with a final payment due today, March 19, 2020, will be extended to April 18, 2020.

• The deposit payment will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15+ days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation
  • With this extension, final payment is due 90 days before Adventure start
PIF 90 days out still seems incredibly far, given the rate at which things are changing. I cannot imagine I would ever PIF with ABD in these circumstances, given their lack of responsiveness and willingness to move quickly and in the best interests of their guests.

So AmaWaterways has suspended their river cruise operations through May 31 as of 10pm last night. I'm pretty sure that means ABD is going to have to cancel my ABD river cruise. No ship, no cruise (my Rhone cruise starts [started] May 14).

https://www.amawaterways.com/travel-updates

I wonder how long it will take ABD to cancel?

Sayhello
They should have cancelled before that announcement! Brutal that they didn’t tell you first and you had to read it yourself. Who they heck is running the show and making these horrible CS decisions? Get rid of them.
But I’m so sorry that your vacation has gotten caught up in all of this :(

Let me get this straight.

• People are dying
  • People are scared
  • There are Level 4 Travel Restrictions with no time frame given
  • The EU is Closed (among many other countries/areas)
  • California is Closed
  • The global economy is in shambles
  • The airlines are cutting the number of flights in half or more

But Disney is:
  • Seriously believing that summer 2020 trips are going to happen
  • Thinking, "Oh yeah, families with kids are excited for their trips right now"
  • Following the standard corporate playbook

Wow, just wow.

• People are dying
  • People are scared
  • California is Closed

But Disney is:

Wow, just wow.
It's killing me. It really is. They need to come up with a solution to these summer trips in the next few days. My enthusiasm for ABD has been waning. We got pulled back in with a great Egypt itinerary but now that we have my 77 year old dad booked on the trip with no sign of a good decision by Disney, I think I am out unless they really come through soon. Coming through means allowing us to cancel with refunds since we will not be able to fly to Egypt this summer. All itineraries go through Europe and the virus will likely (though I really hope not) be in full swing in Africa/Middle East by that time.

Delta continues to lead the way by waiving fees for May international flights. United and American are still until end of April.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisories/coronavirus-travel/cancel-change-requirementsDelta is waiving all change fees for travel impacted by coronavirus. This applies to all U.S. domestic and international travel departing in March or April 2020, international flights departing in May 2020, as well as all tickets purchased in March 2020. 

• People are dying
  • People are scared
  • California is Closed

But Disney is:

Wow, just wow.
Yep, that looks about right. Don't forget to add that travel shut down to countries they waited until the last minute to cancel trips to (literally while people were already on the ground) despite many phone calls and repeated posts on this board from people with boots on the ground in Europe, etc.

Not only has ABD not gotten out in front of this as should be expected from a luxury travel company that flouts its alleged fantastic customer service, it has put its customers in horrible positions and is lagging in response compared to other companies. Believe me, if I had flown all the way to Australia or London to join those two trips, I would have been irate. I would have actually gone to the media.

It's killing me. It really is. They need to come up with a solution to these summer trips in the next few days. My enthusiasm for ABD has been waning. We got pulled back in with a great Egypt itinerary but now that we have my 77 year old dad booked on the trip with no sign of a good decision by Disney, I think I am out unless they really come through soon. Coming through means allowing us to cancel with refunds since we will not be able to fly to Egypt this summer. All itineraries go through Europe and the virus will likely (though I really hope not) be in full swing in Africa/Middle East by that time.
Acndis - I feel for you. Your situation is heartbreaking. Obviously, your number one concern is for the safety and comfort of you dad. And if you called ADB and told them your story they will undoubtedly just spout the company line. That's what happened to us anyway. That felt good.

Disney are you reading this? Are you seeing the binds you are putting us in? We're some of your biggest fans and we are not happy. Do you care? If it truly is just a financial calculation, you better put a large number in your formula to account for loss of future revenue. And I'm telling you, no amount of pixie dust is going to fix the damage to your brand.

They should have cancelled before that announcement! Brutal that they didn’t tell you first and you had to read it yourself. Who they heck is running the show and making these horrible CS decisions? Get rid of them.
But I’m so sorry that your vacation has gotten caught up in all of this :(
Thanks. :( I figured it was pretty inevitable that this would happen, but I'm really sad to not be going, and not to be traveling with Mr & Mrs Grifdog. My brain is still in "oh, note that down for when I'm preparing to go to France" mode. Hopefully that lets go soon.
  • People are dying
  • People are scared
  • California is Closed
But Disney is:
Wow, just wow.
That just about sums it up. Yep. :(
Yep, that looks about right. Don't forget to add that travel shut down to countries they waited until the last minute to cancel trips to (literally while people were already on the ground) despite many phone calls and repeated posts on this board from people with boots on the ground in Europe, etc.

Not only has ABD not gotten out in front of this as should be expected from a luxury travel company that flouts its alleged fantastic customer service, it has put its customers in horrible positions and is lagging in response compared to other companies. Believe me, if I had flown all the way to Australia or London to join those two trips, I would have been irate. I would have actually gone to the media.
This. Seriously. And the going to the media thing is such a good idea.
Acndis - I feel for you. Your situation is heartbreaking. Obviously, your number one concern is for the safety and comfort of you dad. And if you called ADB and told them your story they will undoubtedly just spout the company line. That's what happened to us anyway. That felt good.

Disney are you reading this? Are you seeing the binds you are putting us in? We're some of your biggest fans and we are not happy. Do you care? If it truly is just a financial calculation, you better put a large number in your formula to account for loss of future revenue. And I'm telling you, no amount of pixie dust is going to fix the damage to your brand.
Yep. Very much this!

Sayhello

So AmaWaterways has suspended their river cruise operations through May 31 as of 10pm last night. I'm pretty sure that means ABD is going to have to cancel my ABD river cruise. No ship, no cruise (my Rhone cruise starts [started] May 14).

https://www.amawaterways.com/travel-updates

I wonder how long it will take ABD to cancel?

Sayhello

I was looking through my Rhine ABD travel agreement and I really hope they aren't going to try to invoke this:

􏰸􏰑􏰸􏰺􏰶􏰖􏰩􏰖􏰽ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US: We will make every reasonable effort to operate the vacations as advertised; however, we and tour operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned vacation package itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If for river cruise packages conditions make cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and tour operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the vacation package price or entitle you to any credit or refund.
􏰸􏰑􏰸􏰺􏰶􏰖􏰩􏰖􏰽 􏰗􏱈􏰩􏰺􏰻􏰶􏰷 􏰩􏰺􏰬 􏰗􏰩􏰺􏰗􏰶􏰠􏰠􏰩􏰑􏰸􏰹􏰺 􏰱􏰽 􏰼􏰷􏰥 􏰲􏰔 􏰢􏰈􏰊􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰫 􏰒􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰎􏰏􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔 􏰔􏰚􏰚􏰎􏰒􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰆􏰐 􏰆􏰪􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰈􏰐􏰔􏰪􏱖 􏰟􏰎􏰢􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰊 􏰎􏰒 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰎 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰟􏰎􏰍􏰔􏰊􏰐􏰳 􏰙􏰔􏰆􏰊􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰆􏰐 􏰢􏰔 􏰪􏰔􏰔􏰙 􏰏􏰔􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰐􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰦 􏰵􏰊􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰐􏰎 􏰏􏰎􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰆􏰍 􏰪􏰧􏰒􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰉􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰏 􏰟􏰎􏰊􏰈􏰪􏰆􏰫􏰐 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰤􏰔􏰆􏱁 􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰈􏰎􏰪􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰪􏰧􏰔 􏰍􏰎 􏰒􏰔􏰤􏰆􏰈􏰒􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰏􏰎􏰓􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐􏰳 􏰐􏰎􏰙􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰡􏰔 􏰪􏰈􏰐􏰒􏰧􏰤􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰎􏰒 􏰧􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰆􏰈􏰊􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔􏰦 􏰬􏰔􏰓􏰈􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰚􏰒􏰎􏰙 􏰤􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰏􏰔􏰪 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰆􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰓􏰔􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰎􏰉􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰦 􏰸􏰚 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰉􏰎􏰏􏰪􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰍􏰔􏰐 􏰧􏰏􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰈􏰇􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰒 􏰈􏰏 􏰎􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰆􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰐􏰧􏰚􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰈􏰔􏰏􏰍 􏰪􏰎􏰧􏰡􏰍 􏰆􏰡􏰎􏰧􏰍 􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔􏰍􏰫􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰎􏰒 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰍􏰔􏰒􏰏􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰈􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰢􏰟􏰈􏰉􏰟 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰈􏰏􏰉􏰊􏰧􏰪􏰔􏰳 􏰡􏰧􏰍 􏰆􏰒􏰔 􏰏􏰎􏰍 􏰊􏰈􏰙􏰈􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰳 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰆􏰉􏰉􏰎􏰙􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰏 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰪􏰎􏰉􏱁􏰔􏰪 􏰐􏰟􏰈􏰤 􏰎􏰒 􏰎􏰏 􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰏􏰪􏰁􏰎􏰒 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰇􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰒􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰙􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰐 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰦 􏰺􏰎􏰏􏰔 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰐􏰔 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰉􏰟􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰐􏰟􏰆􏰊􏰊 􏰆􏰚􏰚􏰔􏰉􏰍 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰤􏰒􏰈􏰉􏰔 􏰎􏰒 􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰊􏰔 􏰫􏰎􏰧 􏰍􏰎 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰉􏰒􏰔􏰪􏰈􏰍 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰚􏰧􏰏􏰪􏰦
􏰗􏱈􏰩􏰺􏰻􏰶􏰷 􏰩􏰺􏰬 􏰗􏰩􏰺􏰗􏰶􏰠􏰠􏰩􏰑􏰸􏰹􏰺 􏰱􏰽 􏰼􏰷􏰥 􏰲􏰔 􏰢􏰈􏰊􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰫 􏰒􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰎􏰏􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔 􏰔􏰚􏰚􏰎􏰒􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰆􏰐 􏰆􏰪􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰈􏰐􏰔􏰪􏱖 􏰟􏰎􏰢􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰊 􏰎􏰒 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰎 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰟􏰎􏰍􏰔􏰊􏰐􏰳 􏰙􏰔􏰆􏰊􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰆􏰐 􏰢􏰔 􏰪􏰔􏰔􏰙 􏰏􏰔􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰐􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰦 􏰵􏰊􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰐􏰎 􏰏􏰎􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰆􏰍 􏰪􏰧􏰒􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰉􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰏 􏰟􏰎􏰊􏰈􏰪􏰆􏰫􏰐 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰤􏰔􏰆􏱁 􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰈􏰎􏰪􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰪􏰧􏰔 􏰍􏰎 􏰒􏰔􏰤􏰆􏰈􏰒􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰏􏰎􏰓􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐􏰳 􏰐􏰎􏰙􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰡􏰔 􏰪􏰈􏰐􏰒􏰧􏰤􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰎􏰒 􏰧􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰆􏰈􏰊􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔􏰦 􏰬􏰔􏰓􏰈􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰚􏰒􏰎􏰙 􏰤􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰏􏰔􏰪 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰆􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰓􏰔􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰎􏰉􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰦 􏰸􏰚 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰉􏰎􏰏􏰪􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰍􏰔􏰐 􏰧􏰏􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰈􏰇􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰒 􏰈􏰏 􏰎􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰆􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰐􏰧􏰚􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰈􏰔􏰏􏰍 􏰪􏰎􏰧􏰡􏰍 􏰆􏰡􏰎􏰧􏰍 􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔􏰍􏰫􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰎􏰒 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰍􏰔􏰒􏰏􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰈􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰢􏰟􏰈􏰉􏰟 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰈􏰏􏰉􏰊􏰧􏰪􏰔􏰳 􏰡􏰧􏰍 􏰆􏰒􏰔 􏰏􏰎􏰍 􏰊􏰈􏰙􏰈􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰳 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰆􏰉􏰉􏰎􏰙􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰏 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰪􏰎􏰉􏱁􏰔􏰪 􏰐􏰟􏰈􏰤 􏰎􏰒 􏰎􏰏 􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰏􏰪􏰁􏰎􏰒 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰇􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰒􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰙􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰐 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰦 􏰺􏰎􏰏􏰔 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰐􏰔 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰉􏰟􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰐􏰟􏰆􏰊􏰊 􏰆􏰚􏰚􏰔􏰉􏰍 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰤􏰒􏰈􏰉􏰔 􏰎􏰒 􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰊􏰔 􏰫􏰎􏰧 􏰍􏰎 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰉􏰒􏰔􏰪􏰈􏰍 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰚􏰧􏰏􏰪􏰦

􏰸􏰑􏰸􏰺􏰶􏰖􏰩􏰖􏰽 􏰗􏱈􏰩􏰺􏰻􏰶􏰷 􏰩􏰺􏰬 􏰗􏰩􏰺􏰗􏰶􏰠􏰠􏰩􏰑􏰸􏰹􏰺 􏰱􏰽 􏰼􏰷􏰥 􏰲􏰔 􏰢􏰈􏰊􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰫 􏰒􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰎􏰏􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔 􏰔􏰚􏰚􏰎􏰒􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰆􏰐 􏰆􏰪􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰈􏰐􏰔􏰪􏱖 􏰟􏰎􏰢􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰊 􏰎􏰒 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰎 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰟􏰎􏰍􏰔􏰊􏰐􏰳 􏰙􏰔􏰆􏰊􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰆􏰐 􏰢􏰔 􏰪􏰔􏰔􏰙 􏰏􏰔􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰐􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰦 􏰵􏰊􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰐􏰎 􏰏􏰎􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰆􏰍 􏰪􏰧􏰒􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰉􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰏 􏰟􏰎􏰊􏰈􏰪􏰆􏰫􏰐 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰤􏰔􏰆􏱁 􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰈􏰎􏰪􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰪􏰧􏰔 􏰍􏰎 􏰒􏰔􏰤􏰆􏰈􏰒􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰏􏰎􏰓􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐􏰳 􏰐􏰎􏰙􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰡􏰔 􏰪􏰈􏰐􏰒􏰧􏰤􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰎􏰒 􏰧􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰆􏰈􏰊􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔􏰦 􏰬􏰔􏰓􏰈􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰚􏰒􏰎􏰙 􏰤􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰏􏰔􏰪 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰆􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰓􏰔􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰎􏰉􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰦 􏰸􏰚 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰉􏰎􏰏􏰪􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰍􏰔􏰐 􏰧􏰏􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰈􏰇􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰒 􏰈􏰏 􏰎􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰆􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰐􏰧􏰚􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰈􏰔􏰏􏰍 􏰪􏰎􏰧􏰡􏰍 􏰆􏰡􏰎􏰧􏰍 􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔􏰍􏰫􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰎􏰒 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰍􏰔􏰒􏰏􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰈􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰢􏰟􏰈􏰉􏰟 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰈􏰏􏰉􏰊􏰧􏰪􏰔􏰳 􏰡􏰧􏰍 􏰆􏰒􏰔 􏰏􏰎􏰍 􏰊􏰈􏰙􏰈􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰳 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰆􏰉􏰉􏰎􏰙􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰏 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰪􏰎􏰉􏱁􏰔􏰪 􏰐􏰟􏰈􏰤 􏰎􏰒 􏰎􏰏 􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰏􏰪􏰁􏰎􏰒 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰇􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰒􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰙􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰐 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰦 􏰺􏰎􏰏􏰔 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰐􏰔 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰉􏰟􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰐􏰟􏰆􏰊􏰊 􏰆􏰚􏰚􏰔􏰉􏰍 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰤􏰒􏰈􏰉􏰔 􏰎􏰒 􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰊􏰔 􏰫􏰎􏰧 􏰍􏰎 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰉􏰒􏰔􏰪􏰈􏰍 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰚􏰧􏰏􏰪􏰦

I haven't posted much in this thread but have been following. I'm just stunned at ABD's lack of response and flexibility in this situation. Considering they are a luxury travel company plus the high price point of these trips makes their response totally unacceptable. We have a September Rhine cruise booked with final payment in May. It's September 6th so we just miss the final payment extension. I'm wary of making final payment but will have no other choice but to go ahead with it or lose my deposit. I can't park it because I used my one opportunity to move it when I moved this deposit from an Egypt trip to the Rhine. I'm at a low level of trust with ABD at this time and it sucks.

I was looking through my Rhine ABD travel agreement and I really hope they aren't going to try to invoke this:

ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US: We will make every reasonable effort to operate the vacations as advertised; however, we and tour operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned vacation package itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If for river cruise packages conditions make cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and tour operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the vacation package price or entitle you to any credit or refund.
They really had better not. They'd have to go to a lot of trouble and expense to find hotels in each of our stops to replace the ship. This clause is mostly to cover them for times when the river is too low for the ship to actually sail to all the ports.

Sayhello

􏰸􏰑􏰸􏰺􏰶􏰖􏰩􏰖􏰽ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US: We will make every reasonable effort to operate the vacations as advertised; however, we and tour operator reserve the right to curtail or modify the itinerary, or to substitute activities, hotels, meals or transportation as we deem necessary. Please also note that during certain holidays and peak periods or due to repairs or renovations, some activities may be disrupted or unavailable. Deviations from planned vacation package itineraries or any aspects of the travel may occur. If for river cruise packages conditions make cruise routes unsafe for navigation or in other respects, or raise sufficient doubt about safety, we and tour operator reserve the right to modify or provide alternate services, which may include, but are not limited to, providing accommodation on the docked ship or on land and/or substituting ground arrangements for river cruise transportation. None of these modifications or changes shall affect the vacation package price or entitle you to any credit or refund.
􏰗􏱈􏰩􏰺􏰻􏰶􏰷 􏰩􏰺􏰬 􏰗􏰩􏰺􏰗􏰶􏰠􏰠􏰩􏰑􏰸􏰹􏰺 􏰱􏰽 􏰼􏰷􏰥 􏰲􏰔 􏰢􏰈􏰊􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰫 􏰒􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰎􏰏􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔 􏰔􏰚􏰚􏰎􏰒􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰆􏰐 􏰆􏰪􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰈􏰐􏰔􏰪􏱖 􏰟􏰎􏰢􏰔􏰓􏰔􏰒􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰊 􏰎􏰒 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰎 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰟􏰎􏰍􏰔􏰊􏰐􏰳 􏰙􏰔􏰆􏰊􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰆􏰐 􏰢􏰔 􏰪􏰔􏰔􏰙 􏰏􏰔􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰐􏰆􏰒􏰫􏰦 􏰵􏰊􏰔􏰆􏰐􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰐􏰎 􏰏􏰎􏰍􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰆􏰍 􏰪􏰧􏰒􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰉􏰔􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰈􏰏 􏰟􏰎􏰊􏰈􏰪􏰆􏰫􏰐 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰤􏰔􏰆􏱁 􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰈􏰎􏰪􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰪􏰧􏰔 􏰍􏰎 􏰒􏰔􏰤􏰆􏰈􏰒􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰏􏰎􏰓􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐􏰳 􏰐􏰎􏰙􏰔 􏰆􏰉􏰍􏰈􏰓􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰡􏰔 􏰪􏰈􏰐􏰒􏰧􏰤􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰎􏰒 􏰧􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰆􏰈􏰊􏰆􏰡􏰊􏰔􏰦 􏰬􏰔􏰓􏰈􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰚􏰒􏰎􏰙 􏰤􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰏􏰔􏰪 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰒􏰈􏰔􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰆􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰓􏰔􏰊 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰎􏰉􏰉􏰧􏰒􏰦 􏰸􏰚 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰉􏰎􏰏􏰪􏰈􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰙􏰆􏱁􏰔 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰍􏰔􏰐 􏰧􏰏􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰏􏰆􏰓􏰈􏰇􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰒 􏰈􏰏 􏰎􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰤􏰔􏰉􏰍􏰐􏰳 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰆􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰐􏰧􏰚􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰈􏰔􏰏􏰍 􏰪􏰎􏰧􏰡􏰍 􏰆􏰡􏰎􏰧􏰍 􏰐􏰆􏰚􏰔􏰍􏰫􏰳 􏰢􏰔 􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰧􏰒 􏰎􏰤􏰔􏰒􏰆􏰍􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰔 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰒􏰈􏰇􏰟􏰍 􏰍􏰎 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰫 􏰎􏰒 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰔 􏰆􏰊􏰍􏰔􏰒􏰏􏰆􏰍􏰔 􏰐􏰔􏰒􏰓􏰈􏰉􏰔􏰐􏰳 􏰢􏰟􏰈􏰉􏰟 􏰙􏰆􏰫 􏰈􏰏􏰉􏰊􏰧􏰪􏰔􏰳 􏰡􏰧􏰍 􏰆􏰒􏰔 􏰏􏰎􏰍 􏰊􏰈􏰙􏰈􏰍􏰔􏰪 􏰍􏰎􏰳 􏰤􏰒􏰎􏰓􏰈􏰪􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰆􏰉􏰉􏰎􏰙􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰎􏰏 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰪􏰎􏰉􏱁􏰔􏰪 􏰐􏰟􏰈􏰤 􏰎􏰒 􏰎􏰏 􏰊􏰆􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰏􏰪􏰁􏰎􏰒 􏰐􏰧􏰡􏰐􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰧􏰍􏰈􏰏􏰇 􏰇􏰒􏰎􏰧􏰏􏰪 􏰆􏰒􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰙􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰐 􏰚􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰈􏰓􏰔􏰒 􏰉􏰒􏰧􏰈􏰐􏰔 􏰍􏰒􏰆􏰏􏰐􏰤􏰎􏰒􏰍􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰦 􏰺􏰎􏰏􏰔 􏰎􏰚 􏰍􏰟􏰔􏰐􏰔 􏰙􏰎􏰪􏰈􏰚􏰈􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏􏰐 􏰎􏰒 􏰉􏰟􏰆􏰏􏰇􏰔􏰐 􏰐􏰟􏰆􏰊􏰊 􏰆􏰚􏰚􏰔􏰉􏰍 􏰍􏰟􏰔 􏰓􏰆􏰉􏰆􏰍􏰈􏰎􏰏 􏰤􏰆􏰉􏱁􏰆􏰇􏰔 􏰤􏰒􏰈􏰉􏰔 􏰎􏰒 􏰔􏰏􏰍􏰈􏰍􏰊􏰔 􏰫􏰎􏰧 􏰍􏰎 􏰆􏰏􏰫 􏰉􏰒􏰔􏰪􏰈􏰍 􏰎􏰒 􏰒􏰔􏰚􏰧􏰏􏰪􏰦

I hope not.

the daily numbers (since it's evening here on this side of the ocean)...

Italy - 627 people died today in Italy from covid-19, bringing total deaths in Italy to 4,032
Italy - total confirmed cases is now 47,021 (increasing by 5,986 today)

Spain - 212 people died today in Spain from covid-19, bringing total deaths in Spain to 1,043
Spain - total confirmed cases is now 20,412 (increasing by 2,335 today)

I haven't posted much in this thread but have been following. I'm just stunned at ABD's lack of response and flexibility in this situation. Considering they are a luxury travel company plus the high price point of these trips makes their response totally unacceptable. We have a September Rhine cruise booked with final payment in May. It's September 6th so we just miss the final payment extension. I'm wary of making final payment but will have no other choice but to go ahead with it or lose my deposit. I can't park it because I used my one opportunity to move it when I moved this deposit from an Egypt trip to the Rhine. I'm at a low level of trust with ABD at this time and it sucks.

Ironically, I travel almost exactly one month before you do, so our PIFs are now due at roughly the same time. I'm really hoping by May, we have more clarity on this situation. If they don't extend the PIF for your dates, I would be prepared to make your, very good case, regarding allowing the extension.

They really had better not. They'd have to go to a lot of trouble and expense to find hotels in each of our stops to replace the ship. This clause is mostly to cover them for times when the river is too low for the ship to actually sail to all the ports.

Sayhello
And just to show you how far they have their head in the sand or up their, well, you know, Our trip leaves in less than two months and they still have it posted as available for booking. The Disney brand has lost its shine and its stellar reputation with our family. I'm not even sure I can get to the trip start point now, with 90% of the international flights being cancelled over the next few days.

Qantas has cancelled all of their overseas flights - so looking at one that we would have taken if we were not going to France is missing - they direct us to fly American airlines multi-hops instead of on their airlines. Not too many seats now available as the flight cancellations are cascading over the next 60 days and our existing trip days are not available at all.

So if air is booked through Disney and they can't get you there, what next? A virtual tour?

We had nearly a week of pre-days and a post-day. Except for some minor cancellation fees, almost every single one has allowed a full refund and cancellation. My trip insurance folks even pointed out that we can move the insurance to another trip if we don't take this one.

Last edited:
Just received the below e-mail from Quark. Kudos to them for how they are handling the situation.

I want to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as the current situation—that’s impacting every facet of travel—unfolds and changes daily. We’re facing uncertain times—but one thing is certain: Our commitment to you as a member of our Quark Expeditions Polar Family.

We empathize with you and all of our guests whose plans have been disrupted by the COVID-19 crisis. This is why we've created our new Book with Confidence & Rebook Anytime Policy, applicable to our Arctic 2020 season (excludes North Pole):

1. Cancel any time for any reason right up to 24 hours prior to your voyage start date
  2. Risk-free - rebook with 100% Future Travel Refund Credit (FTRC) for deposits or other partial payments at time of cancelation received by Quark Expeditions
  3. Risk-free - rebook with 120% Future Travel Refund Credit (FTRC) for voyages where full payment at time of cancellation has been received by Quark Expeditions
  4. Rebook for free - No rebooking fees
  5. The Future Travel Refund Credit is Transferable*
  6. New and existing Antarctica 2020 bookings receive Extended Payment Terms for voyages up to 60 days prior to voyage
If you require a Future Travel Refund Credit, please complete the form found on the bottom of our COVID-19 updates page, where you'll also find the terms of our Book with Confidence & Rebook Anytime Policy.

Wishing you happy travels in the near future,

I see my wife already making memes of roasting Mickey on a campfire spit and asking him to explain the company's loss of, well, you know. I think I could make a fortune selling Chapek pin cushions - the next Q & A at the stockholders meeting may be interesting.

Making memes can be very cathartic! Like the pin cushion idea, too!

When the news of Bob Iger stepping down was announced I looked up Chapek and was a bit worried with what I found (bean counter type), but figured if Iger picked him it'll be okay. Now I'm not so sure, the BOD may have selected him.

With ABD I'm not sure how high up the chain these decisions are being made, but one guy to blame may be the President of Disney Signature Experiences—Jeff Vahle.

Open letter to Mr. Vahle:
Yo, Jeff! What's up? The numbers on those spreadsheets are looking mighty dire I'm sure. And no bonuses coming anytime soon. The coronavirus is hitting you hard. Really hard, in fact. But guess what, it's hitting your customers hard, too. We are talking about people's health AND finances. Doesn't get any more personal than that wouldn't you agree?

Quick question, do you remember writing your OFFICIAL CORPORATE profile? Well, it's got this key line—you are "committed to...exceeding guest expectations and delivering long-term business growth." Seriously, it's right there in a big vast sea of other corporate speak right under your picture. That sounds really cool. Wow, impressive. But, here's the thing, neither of those things are happening right now...........AT ALL!!!! I'm a copywriter by trade, so I'll rewrite it for you, k? "I'm committed to the almighty (Disney) dollar, following our corporate mandate come hell of high water, and disappointing our guests when the chips are down." There. Not bad for a first draft. Needs a bit of work I admit, but it does get the main points I believe.

What would we like? Simple. Follow what your OFFICIAL CORPORATE profile says. Do that and we will continue to gladly give you our money.

Signed,
A Bunch of Folks Who Have Literally Spent Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars with Disney

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter