Travel Changes?

If you use the credits for smaller lower fare trips, the rest gets given back as a voucher that has 1 year of use from the time of voucher issue. At least this was the case for Delta. Just make sure you write the voucher down because it doesn't get emailed to you.
Thanks for that info! That's *really* good to know!

Sayhello

United has now extended their no-fee-to-change policy through the end of May.

Unfortunately, everyone is overwhelmed with calls. Most of my flights for our May/June trip are booked through Chase. I called them on Saturday night, just to see what my options are (since we are booked on a multi-ticket, three-airline itinerary). I hung up after waiting on hold for 50 minutes. They really don't want to talk to anyone who isn't flying within the next 72 hours.

United has now extended their no-fee-to-change policy through the end of May.

Unfortunately, everyone is overwhelmed with calls. Most of my flights for our May/June trip are booked through Chase. I called them on Saturday night, just to see what my options are (since we are booked on a multi-ticket, three-airline itinerary). I hung up after waiting on hold for 50 minutes. They really don't want to talk to anyone who isn't flying within the next 72 hours.
I have found the best time to call Chase is early morning. When I called last week at 7:05am I agreed to a call back and within 90 minutes I received the call from them. They take a long time to process a cancellation, which probably contributes to the long wait time.

I have found the best time to call Chase is early morning. When I called last week at 7:05am I agreed to a call back and within 90 minutes I received the call from them. They take a long time to process a cancellation, which probably contributes to the long wait time.

I wasn't even offered the option of a call back. But I will try early morning one day this week.

I'm not in a huge rush because our first flight isn't until May 29. But, it's to Seattle, and I really don't think we should go there at all. So, I would have to cancel flights to Seattle and then on to Anchorage and rebook a flight straight to Anchorage.

And, even after all that, our trip might still be cancelled.

Gives me a headache even thinking about it.

So glad to hear the news about Chase. We have been waiting for our refund for our canceled cruise flights for about two weeks (Chase canceled but still no refund). We will try to get them in the morning. Does anyone know, will they refund your points or will it be cash? Points are the only thing that makes sense but it seems like it would not take this long.

So glad to hear the news about Chase. We have been waiting for our refund for our canceled cruise flights for about two weeks (Chase canceled but still no refund). We will try to get them in the morning. Does anyone know, will they refund your points or will it be cash? Points are the only thing that makes sense but it seems like it would not take this long.
Did you actually book your flights through Chase, or just use a Chase card?

Sayhello

ETA Oh, duh. I see you used points.

If you used URs to book then your refund will be in URs.

I am hoping on this thread now. I have an ABD scheduled for May 16th (Hollywood/Disneyland), for which I am holding out hope. I know its a dwindling chance, but you never know!

My trip was cancelled today by ABD due to coronavirus. I am taking the refund and choosing not to reschedule at this time. I think when things settle down a little more I will reschedule.

For those bummed about being unable to travel now (all of us, I assume), Lindblad is doing virtual expeditions on their Facebook with travel videos and activities. I was feeling down today and the beautiful images from Costa Rica helped.
Austin Adventures is starting a virtual adventures for kids webinar series at 2pm ET tomorrow. Yellowstone is the first adventure.

Well, we just cancelled our 2 back-to-back trips today. No flexibility, no coolness from Disney. No nothing. We get 50% back and Disney just gets to keep $17,000 of our money. Sure, we'll use our CFAR insurance to get some more back, but geesh, come on!

And Disney and British Airways are the only companies we did NOT receive ANY notice from during the coronavirus crisis. Heck, we got emails from hair salons, restaurants, and every travel company we ever used over the last 10 years!

But here's the deal. We are done with Disney for travel. Period. We're going with Tauck and Universal now. You hearing that Disney execs? For us, Tauck is replacing ABD and Universal, your arch enemy, has our theme park business now. We've spent over $100,000 with you over the last 20 years. You are not getting another dime.

Sorry to rant. I'm mad, sad, and disappointed all at the same time.
Carry on...

Well, we just cancelled our 2 back-to-back trips today. No flexibility, no coolness from Disney. No nothing. We get 50% back and Disney just gets to keep $17,000 of our money. Sure, we'll use our CFAR insurance to get some more back, but geesh, come on!

And Disney and British Airways are the only companies we did NOT receive ANY notice from during the coronavirus crisis. Heck, we got emails from hair salons, restaurants, and every travel company we ever used over the last 10 years!

But here's the deal. We are done with Disney for travel. Period. We're going with Tauck and Universal now. You hearing that Disney execs? For us, Tauck is replacing ABD and Universal, your arch enemy, has our theme park business now. We've spent over $100,000 with you over the last 20 years. You are not getting another dime.

Carry on...
I totally get it. I'm super sad for you. My Disney expectations bar is pretty low, but its handing of this has been even worse than I expected. That is a ton of money to leave on the table. I hope your insurance comes through and you are able to recoup most of it.

The number of emails I've received from companies has been ridiculous, and like you said, the ones that count .... crickets.

Carry on...
What trips did you cancel? Were they to a highly impacted region?

What trips did you cancel? Were they to a highly impacted region?

I wanna know this too. E-Ticket, why did you cancel? Should've waited for ABD to do it, so you get your $ back. I could see if they were going and you felt uncomfortable, but I honestly see no reason to cancel yourself a trip they probably will cancel? I don't understand.

I wanna know this too. E-Ticket, why did you cancel? Should've waited for ABD to do it, so you get your $ back. I could see if they were going and you felt uncomfortable, but I honestly see no reason to cancel yourself a trip they probably will cancel? I don't understand.
We cancelled Italy/Switzerland and Scotland. And, yes, I understand that they might cancel eventually.

The reason we cancelled is because our trips begin at the end of June. Based on Disney's poor approach and stringing everyone along IF they cancel it probably won't be until the end of April. And they may just try to do these trips, we just don't know. And we are most definitely not interested in going anywhere near Italy anytime soon. By using our CFAR insurance we'll lose about $9,000 on the whole trip (flights, etc.) and just be done with it and hopefully get our money back a bit sooner. The longer we wait and Disney doesn't cancel, the less money we get back, too. Our trips don't fall into the longer cancellation period - YET. They might eventually, who knows.

That's why I'm so angry, they're just going with the corporate line in the face of a historic pandemic. I expected more. If they let us cancel now and get our money back they would certainly get it back in spades over the next 20 years. We sent an email...crickets. Our TA talked to them...got nowhere. If Disney looked up our accounts for the last 20 years (as with most of you folks I'm sure) they would realize that we like Disney, we spend the vast majority of our travel dollars with them, and that we are REALLY GOOD customers. I guess that doesn't matter to Disney. Guess that's how they roll.

Of course, other folks are going through MUCH MUCH bigger problems than us. People are DYING. Losing a few grand is NOTHING compared to that. And to all you doctor folks on the front lines, you are HEROES. Truly. As I've said, right now heroes don't wear capes, they wear scrubs.

Thanks for listening to my TED TALK. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts