Traveling to WDW with a 7 month old

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
We are WDW vets & go 3-4 times a year, but we are now considering traveling to WDW with a 7 month this Nov. For anyone who has done this, can you share your experiences? We will be going with family which is why we are even considering it.

We took our then 9 mo dd a couple years ago! It was great! There are baby centers in each park if you're looking for a cool spot to nurse or feed the baby. I would suggest both a good stroller (we rented a city mini) and a good baby carrier to wear her in lines for rides. We took her on a few rides that were very gentle and she loved them. We also bought a stroller fan for naps in the stroller. It went super smooth, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

We took our then 9 mo dd a couple years ago! It was great! There are baby centers in each park if you're looking for a cool spot to nurse or feed the baby. I would suggest both a good stroller (we rented a city mini) and a good baby carrier to wear her in lines for rides. We took her on a few rides that were very gentle and she loved them. We also bought a stroller fan for naps in the stroller. It went super smooth, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!
Thank you for the reply! That’s what I kind of thought but wanted to hear from ppl who have actually done it.

I have taken a three-month old before and also a six-month old (different children). We had a great time. They are easier than going with 2 years olds in my opinion. Just accept you won't be able to do everything but will have a great time.

Took our daughter at 7 months. It was one of our best trips. Used the baby centers, brought our good stroller so she was always comfortable, went back to room every day for naps and we took turns swimming with our other kids, then brought her to pool when she woke up. Have so many priceless pictures/memories from that trip. Go and enjoy!

Babies are easy. It’s when they get a bit older that poses a challenge. Take it slow and have a great time.

All my kids have gone since around 3-4 months old. I always bring the comfortable stroller (for me and baby!) that folds flat so I can do quick diaper changes without having her put her hands on every germy changing table in the park. And a comfortable carrier that you are both used to is completely invaluable!!

depending on time of year a couple of portable fans rigged up in the stroller helps keep little one cool. We also used poncho to cover stroller during inevitable daily rains. key to put this on before you leave stroller outside to go on/into some of the attractions.

Took our daughter at 7 months. It was one of our best trips. Used the baby centers, brought our good stroller so she was always comfortable, went back to room every day for naps and we took turns swimming with our other kids, then brought her to pool when she woke up. Have so many priceless pictures/memories from that trip. Go and enjoy!
How many days/nights did y’all go for? That’s what I can’t decide? Would like to go long enough to take it easy but didn’t know if a shorter trip is better with a baby.

We actually did 7 nights that trip. Thought it was just the right amount to go at a slower pace.

Edited to add: we knew with the baby we wouldn’t be commando at all.

We actually did 7 nights that trip. Thought it was just the right amount to go at a slower pace.

Edited to add: we knew with the baby we wouldn’t be commando at all.
Thanks! That’s what I was wondering. I know we will have to slow it down but was wondering if we should cut it shorter too.

We did a 12 day disney trip when our younger son was 11 months and we drove from NY to Orlando, he was 1000% easier than our 4 year old lol not disney but we had taken them to Hershey when he was 5 months and again at 7 months and it was a breeze, definitely have a good comfortable baby carrier for waiting on lines, I had a lightweight little blanket that I would drape over my should and his head and he’d nurse right in the carrier and it just seemed as though he was sleeping, and definitely bring a good stroller with storage for your diaper bag... also pack your diaper bag with all your baby needs and have another small bag with just wallet camera keys etc so you don’t need to lug the huge baby bag on rides with you

We are going in a few weeks with our 7 month old daughter. Like you, we are used to going 3 or 4 times a year with our 10 year old. We are going for 9 nights. We are going to utilize baby swap on rides that it's offered as well as use Kids Nite Out for 2 days so we can have one on one with the ten year old. I honestly think it depends on your baby's temperament. Our ten year old son was fussy as a baby and we didn't take him until he was 2 because it wouldn't have been worth it to us handling a screaming crying baby everywhere. However, our daughter is the exact opposite, she is a happy go lucky little girl, always thrilled to be out and about. If our son had been this way we'd have gone when he was younger than 2. I think a longer trip may help so that you won't be as rushed each day. I wish we could go for a full two weeks this time, but maybe next trip!

We did a 12 day disney trip when our younger son was 11 months and we drove from NY to Orlando, he was 1000% easier than our 4 year old lol not disney but we had taken them to Hershey when he was 5 months and again at 7 months and it was a breeze, definitely have a good comfortable baby carrier for waiting on lines, I had a lightweight little blanket that I would drape over my should and his head and he’d nurse right in the carrier and it just seemed as though he was sleeping, and definitely bring a good stroller with storage for your diaper bag... also pack your diaper bag with all your baby needs and have another small bag with just wallet camera keys etc so you don’t need to lug the huge baby bag on rides with you
How was the drive? I know it can depend on the kid, but what was your experience? Any tips? It’s a 9 hr drive for us, but we were thinking of dividing it up maybe.

How was the drive? I know it can depend on the kid, but what was your experience? Any tips? It’s a 9 hr drive for us, but we were thinking of dividing it up maybe.

We just did the drive with 4 year old twins. For a little one, a portable DVD player would probably help. One that you could plug into your vehicle to stay charged. Also food and snacks. Some people suggest getting little cheap toys. Some new to introduce at times when they get bored.

We drove all the way to Lake City and should have drove all the way trough. 13 hour drive for me so depending on your little one a 9 hr should be doable.

We just did the drive with 4 year old twins. For a little one, a portable DVD player would probably help. One that you could plug into your vehicle to stay charged. Also food and snacks. Some people suggest getting little cheap toys. Some new to introduce at times when they get bored.

We drove all the way to Lake City and should have drove all the way trough. 13 hour drive for me so depending on your little one a 9 hr should be doable.
He’ll be 7 mos though. I wonder if he’ll be as easily entertained? Are you in Louisiana? Just looking at your avatar name.

He’ll be 7 mos though. I wonder if he’ll be as easily entertained? Are you in Louisiana? Just looking at your avatar name.

Yes we are from Louisiana. When our twins were young(can't remember if it was 7 months), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would hold their attention for a while. Just thought if you got a DVD and a portable player it may help with some of the trip.

The other options is to leave late at night or in the early AM hours if he sleeps in the car. That may help with some of the trip as well.

When the kids were 3 we flew and at 4 we drove. left at 9 AM and made a couple stops so the kids could let out some energy. The drive wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be and made better time.

Yes we are from Louisiana. When our twins were young(can't remember if it was 7 months), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would hold their attention for a while. Just thought if you got a DVD and a portable player it may help with some of the trip.

The other options is to leave late at night or in the early AM hours if he sleeps in the car. That may help with some of the trip as well.

When the kids were 3 we flew and at 4 we drove. left at 9 AM and made a couple stops so the kids could let out some energy. The drive wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be and made better time.
Ok good to know! Thanks! We usually fly, but with what we’ll want to pack for him plus it’ll be Thanksgiving week we decided to stay away from flying this time. We are in NOLA so about 9-10 hours for us. Guessing your west and/or north of us. So you’re saying you think driving straight through was doable for y’all?

Ok good to know! Thanks! We usually fly, but with what we’ll want to pack for him plus it’ll be Thanksgiving week we decided to stay away from flying this time. We are in NOLA so about 9-10 hours for us. Guessing your west and/or north of us. So you’re saying you think driving straight through was doable for y’all?

We are out of Lafayette. It was definitely doable for us. I also drove the whole way. We got to Lake City FL and called to see if there was a room available at DW but there wasn't one at our resort so we decided just to stay in Lake City, save some money and drive in the next day.

If you want to split it up into 2 days then Lake City may be a good option for you. Just make sure you book a room in advance. I thought i could find a room pretty easily if DW didn't have a room and it was tougher than i thought. It was for Mardi Gras this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter