Traveling to WDW with a 7 month old

We are out of Lafayette. It was definitely doable for us. I also drove the whole way. We got to Lake City FL and called to see if there was a room available at DW but there wasn't one at our resort so we decided just to stay in Lake City, save some money and drive in the next day.

If you want to split it up into 2 days then Lake City may be a good option for you. Just make sure you book a room in advance. I thought i could find a room pretty easily if DW didn't have a room and it was tougher than i thought. It was for Mardi Gras this year.
Oh ok. Thanks! We went Mardi Gras too this yr but flew.

Oh ok. Thanks! We went Mardi Gras too this yr but flew.

Flights were really high out of Lafayette this year for some reason ~$900 per ticket X 4. Previous years i could get it for around $375. Not sure what it was so high this year so we decide to drive. I was dreading it up to the day but it went smoother than expected. Considering doing it again next year when we go back.

We took our daughter at 10ish months. Great trip! We did 5 days which for us worked. Took it slower but still got almost everything in. We got often enough that if we miss or skip something it’s not a huge deal. She liked the characters, clapped and loved rides like small world, and shows with music and signing.

With baby two we are actually thinking of going closer to the 6/7 month mark. My reasoning being at 10 months she wanted to crawl and stand a lot, at 6/7 months she was less mobile so hoping the wanting to get down phase won’t have started yet.

If you end up driving it won’t be an issue but I would plan on using amazon prime now for most items you need so you don’t need to bring everything and can order as stuff is needed.

Have an amazing trip!

We took our daughter at 10ish months. Great trip! We did 5 days which for us worked. Took it slower but still got almost everything in. We got often enough that if we miss or skip something it’s not a huge deal. She liked the characters, clapped and loved rides like small world, and shows with music and signing.

With baby two we are actually thinking of going closer to the 6/7 month mark. My reasoning being at 10 months she wanted to crawl and stand a lot, at 6/7 months she was less mobile so hoping the wanting to get down phase won’t have started yet.

If you end up driving it won’t be an issue but I would plan on using amazon prime now for most items you need so you don’t need to bring everything and can order as stuff is needed.

Have an amazing trip!
Thanks! That was my thought on being mobile. We brought my nephew at 11 mos & all he wanted to do was get down a play. Spent a lot of time in the room.

Thanks! That was my thought on being mobile. We brought my nephew at 11 mos & all he wanted to do was get down a play. Spent a lot of time in the room.

Granted I also have a trip planned when this baby will be 13ish months... so I obviously like torturing myself and DH.

How was the drive? I know it can depend on the kid, but what was your experience? Any tips? It’s a 9 hr drive for us, but we were thinking of dividing it up maybe.

We’re really lucky that our kids our pretty good in the car, mostly because we’ve been dragging them on road trips since they were born lol our older son who’s now 5 watches movies most of the time, our younger son has done the drive to and from ny to Orlando twice now and he’s great too, he doesn’t get the TV because he’s rear facing but we do a lot of singing and stuff so he knows we’re there, we give him safe toys that we know he can’t break off small pieces or anything, we leave super early and probably stop about every 3-4 hours to eat and stretch our legs... our older son eats snacks in the car but I worry feeding the baby in the car... one of our favorite things to do is make our rest stops at target stores so they can look around and get a treat or toy to entertain them when we get back in the car and they always have a family bathroom which helps.. we also do use the iPad and I touch for them both and if the little one gets cranky I sit in the back and play peekaboo or whatever gets him to laugh

Also we stay over night half way because it is far from NY and I make sure to book a hotel with an indoor pool that way no matter what the time or weAther I know they can get some energy out after a long day of sitting in the car, and my last tip would be if you are staying overnight back just 1 overnight bag of pjs bathing suit and clothes for the next day for everyone so you don’t have to take everything in and out of the car

Thought of one last rule we have! Lol we do not stop unless the kids need to stop, we gas up even if the tank looks almost full and we hold it if we need to pee because as long as they’re cooperating we are driving, we take advantage of every moment they give us to drive

My youngest was 7mo when we went before a cruise. We were only in WDW 3 days but I thought it was a really good age. Big enough to sit in a regular high chair and keep busy eating puffs during meals, pretty much sleeping through the night. Ds was crawling, though, so that made things a little more tricky in the room. I highly recommend the city mini for its full recline and big sunshade;we brought our own get double. Also recommend a carrier for standing on line.

Our first trip the kids were 4.5 and 8 months and that was the easiest trip by far. We have since been many times, but the baby was the easiest. She was also a very easy going baby who slept every where and well.

She wasn’t crawling yet, so she was content in the stroller or I wore her.

We are WDW vets & go 3-4 times a year, but we are now considering traveling to WDW with a 7 month this Nov. For anyone who has done this, can you share your experiences? We will be going with family which is why we are even considering it.

Thanks for asking this question and thanks to those who have provided answers. @LSUmiss we have a similar situation, with the difference being our youngest will be 8 months and oldest being 4 years old. We are going this April. If you would like I have a link to my pre trip report in my signature line. Not much on the report now, but during and post trip I will have a lot more information added that you may find helpful. Also, GEAUX TIGERS!

Thanks for asking this question and thanks to those who have provided answers. @LSUmiss we have a similar situation, with the difference being our youngest will be 8 months and oldest being 4 years old. We are going this April. If you would like I have a link to my pre trip report in my signature line. Not much on the report now, but during and post trip I will have a lot more information added that you may find helpful. Also, GEAUX TIGERS!
That would be great!! I’ll check it out. GEAUX TIGERS!

I have done it with both a 5 month old and a 7 month old (different kids). The biggest thing to remember is breaks. You will need breaks to feed the baby and care for baby. Honestly we did a bunch of rides with both babies, they would fall asleep in the carrier and we'd just ride with them in it, it was never an issue. At those ages both of my kids we brought really loved characters with prominent noses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter