Traveling with a 2yo (GB pockit+)

Caitlin Allen

Hakuna Matata
Hey y'all! We are planning on going to Disney in November/December 2020. I just splurged and bought the gb pockit+ all terrain and a cover. I was wondering if any of y'all have brought one to Disney and put it in a backpack while getting on rides. If so what backpack did you use?! Also any tips and must have items for travelling with a 2.5 year old would be appreciated :rotfl2:

Hey y'all! We are planning on going to Disney in November/December 2020. I just splurged and bought the gb pockit+ all terrain and a cover. I was wondering if any of y'all have brought one to Disney and put it in a backpack while getting on rides. If so what backpack did you use?! Also any tips and must have items for travelling with a 2.5 year old would be appreciated :rotfl2:
Must have travel items for us were in laws :)

I had to look that one up ;)
I can't imagine taking time to empty, fold and stash a stroller at every ride. But then we have used the stroller to hold (relatively unimportant) stuff - diaper bag, change of clothes, etc. rather than lugging those items. If you can do WDW with a 2.5 yr old without lugging a lot of extra stuff, and want to fold-up the stroller, maybe it works for you.

Enjoy your vacation!

Agree with the pp - and I also had to look this up!

WDW has stroller parking areas at each attraction and not much problem with stroller theft. While this looks great for city life I can't imagine taking my stroller on rides with me especially when my kids were young enough that they might want to be held at that age. No way I could manage a diaper bag, stroller and a toddler!

When my kids were young I had a bag with diapers, wipes change of clothing and other items that could be left in the stroller. I also had a cross body bag with valuables that went with me on all the rides. We would park the stroller and do a few rides, shows in that area, grab the stroller and move to the next "land".

I had to look that one up ;)
I can't imagine taking time to empty, fold and stash a stroller at every ride. But then we have used the stroller to hold (relatively unimportant) stuff - diaper bag, change of clothes, etc. rather than lugging those items. If you can do WDW with a 2.5 yr old without lugging a lot of extra stuff, and want to fold-up the stroller, maybe it works for you.

Enjoy your vacation!
My little man is already potty training at 18 months so no diaper bag here!!! That's why I was hoping to stash it for each ride ☺️

Agree with the pp - and I also had to look this up!

WDW has stroller parking areas at each attraction and not much problem with stroller theft. While this looks great for city life I can't imagine taking my stroller on rides with me especially when my kids were young enough that they might want to be held at that age. No way I could manage a diaper bag, stroller and a toddler!

When my kids were young I had a bag with diapers, wipes change of clothing and other items that could be left in the stroller. I also had a cross body bag with valuables that went with me on all the rides. We would park the stroller and do a few rides, shows in that area, grab the stroller and move to the next "land".
I like the idea of just parking it in one place for a while and letting them walk around. Another huge advantage for the tiny folding stroller is Disney busses. There's nothing worse than watching a momma struggle to fold up her tank of a stroller and THEN try to cram it and her entire family on to a crowded bus 😔

I like the idea of just parking it in one place for a while and letting them walk around. Another huge advantage for the tiny folding stroller is Disney busses. There's nothing worse than watching a momma struggle to fold up her tank of a stroller and THEN try to cram it and her entire family on to a crowded bus 😔

Well as a single mom of 2 I did fine with a traditional stroller, no struggle no fancy stroller. Just a backpack and a mid priced stroller with a rider board that folded quickly and had a carry handle. One backpack, one stroller, one mom and two kids on and off the buses without any struggle.

My little man is already potty training at 18 months so no diaper bag here!!! That's why I was hoping to stash it for each ride ☺
is he used the noise of auto flush toilets? we had one grandchild who refused to use toilets in parks because of noise and that was even with the post its over the flush. it is was noise from other toilets. plus if you plan on the single handicapped not family toilets be prepared to wait as the person in front of you can take longer than a normal person. also what so you plan on doing with sippy cup because of no lids on drinks and paper straws? remember that if lost a sippy cup will most likely not be saved at lost and found if it makes it that far from a recent post

Last edited:
Well as a single mom of 2 I did fine with a traditional stroller, no struggle no fancy stroller. Just a backpack and a mid priced stroller with a rider board that folded quickly and had a carry handle. One backpack, one stroller, one mom and two kids on and off the buses without any struggle.
You go, momma!! That's awesome.

is he used the noise of auto flush toilets? we had one grandchild who refused to use toilets in parks because of noise and that was even with the post its over the flush. it is was noise from other toilets. plus if you plan on the single handicapped not family toilets be prepared to wait as the person in front of you can talk longer than a normal person. also what so you plan on doing with sippy cup because of no lids on drinks and paper straws? remember that if lost a sippy cup will most likely not be saved at lost and found if it makes it that far from a recent post
That's an excellent point, friend. I'll have to make sure he's been exposed to that type of noise before going. Also, he can drink from a cup. And we will be bringing a backpack for our loose items. My husband and I will split the carrying.

We learned to make our kid walk in the morning, than use the stroller after lunch when tied.

The first morning I pushed her over from the Poly to the Hall of Presidents. We were tired and ready to sit down for lunch, but she was ready to get out of the stroller and run around!

-Paul

we also just splurged on a pockit stroller. Am obsessed with it. After a bit of practice Can get it folded in about 5 seconds. We have a 4 yo so all we need is the stroller. No diaper bag, etc, needed. So when she’s not in the stroller, quick fold and throw it in the backpack. Way prefer that than leaving it parked.

so I have an Under Armour back pack that is pretty big and the stroller fits nicely in there.

I don’t see the advantage of folding up your stroller and carrying it on every ride except for when it rains. I’ve taken my kids to Disney at various stages of infancy-preschool and have found it’s easiest to park the stroller in whatever land we’re in and walk.

I do see the advantage of not having to steer a stroller down Main Street after the fireworks, though!

If you’re concerned that someone might steal your stroller, just park it next to a Bugaboo (kidding).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter