Traveling with stuffed animal

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
A17EB19B-0416-44E3-B116-813DC57FB49D.jpeg Well it have a better chance of making it in one peace in checked or carry on its very small here is a photo of it flying delta in July if those two details help

Agreed on letting him travel in your carryon bag, but just remember there is always a chance that a carryon bag may have to be gate checked if the flight is full and all of the overhead bin space is already occupied by other bags. Make sure that your personal bag (generally a purse, but its the bag that goes underneath the seat in front of you) has enough space to accommodate your stuffed animal. I've never had Delta permanently lose a checked bag of mine, but there are certain items I always make sure are with me in the cabin rather than in the luggage hold.

My kids fly with stuffed animals all the time. They just carry them on to the plane.

The only time my dd had an issue flying with her 'lovie' was right after 9/11. PanAm allowed it for the flight to Orlando, but not the flight home. Poor dd was so upset. But she managed to deal with it.
Nowadays it's not an issue. It will have to go through screening, in the carry on bag, but nothing else.

I've never had Delta permanently lose a checked bag of mine, but there are certain items I always make sure are with me in the cabin rather than in the luggage hold.
I've had two bags permanently lost on Delta.

One time flying into Orlando. The bag never ever was found. I had no clothes except for the ones I was wearing. That was back in the day when the only clothes on property were t shirts.

The second time they eventually found my bag a few days later, but the delivery service then lost it. The driver took it out of the van to get to another suitcase he was delivering (in a high crime area). He forgot to put it back in the van. When he went back it was gone.

you can carry it onboard with you if you want. But it will have to go through the x-ray at the airport.

if child involved have child ready to have it run through the scanner not being able to carry with them through the scanner. have seen this upset many a child.

Thanks for pointing out my concern no child 33 year old adult time of travel so wondering how it will look to tsa I cannot sleep with out him other wise no other attachment to him and he has a ton of sentimental value

Thanks for pointing out my concern no child 33 year old adult time of travel so wondering how it will look to tsa I cannot sleep with out him other wise no other attachment to him and he has a ton of sentimental value

I know more than one adult older than you who travels with a small, stuffed animal as a sort of travel good luck charm. TSA won't think twice about it.

Tsa won’t care.

This is NOT something to add to your list of worries.

I personally would put a stuffy at the top of your purse or even put it in a bin with your shoes or something so they don’t have to wonder what it is and can just look. Just makes it easier.

But it’s not something to worry about. People travel with all sorts of things.

Last edited:
just put him in your carry on your under the seat bag would be even better, then you will have no worries about TSA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter