Travelling between hotels in LA/Anaheim

steve_rob

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?
My parents are going to California to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary next year but they will not have a car (nor do they want to hire one) and wish to see both LA / Hollywood and also spend some time at Disney.

They were planning to stay three or so nights at a hotel in North Hollywood (they mentioned the Beverly Garland - is that place okay?) that has a shuttle bus to Universal Studios, as that way they can either spend a day at Universal or get the Metro to Hollywood/Highland station, to visit the attractions nearby or maybe get on a bus tour of the city.

I'm then planning to book them into a hotel as close to Disneyland as I can get them (probably one on Harbor Blvd.) to make it easier for them to get to and from the parks.

The only problem I have to solve now is how to get them from one place to the other. Remembering that they are both going to be lugging large suitcases (as this is only a small part of a two week vacation), so does this mean it's going to have to be a taxi, or is there another way?

Many tour companies offer shuttles between Anaheim/San Diego/LA/Vegas. Type in shuttle and anaheim and LA and play with it, and you should find something. I was looking for a shuttle between San Diego and Anaheim before we arranged a ride with family and there were many options.

They could take a taxi to L.A.'s Union Station, take the train to Fullerton or Anaheim, and another taxi from there. L.A. is about 35 miles from DL, which would make a taxi all the way quite expensive. Or maybe the shuttle option above will work out.

Many tour companies offer shuttles between Anaheim/San Diego/LA/Vegas. Type in shuttle and anaheim and LA and play with it, and you should find something. I was looking for a shuttle between San Diego and Anaheim before we arranged a ride with family and there were many options.

I did try searching on the web, but all of the shuttle companies only wanted to quote if you were going to or from an airport. I might e-mail a couple of them to see if they are willing to make an exception.

I've never done this, so I'm not saying it works or anything lol. But when I was researching the possibility of doing the same kind of Hollywood/Anaheim deal, I found this website. Maybe it could help you out. Good luck :)

luxbusamerica.com/index.html

I managed to get quotes from three companies in the end. Most of the airport shuttle firms weren't interested unless you wanted a van for about 10-15 people (understandable I suppose), so my only choices were companies that said they hired out town cars and luxury sedans by the hour.

The companies I got e-mails back from were Karmel Shuttle (karmel.com), American Limos (americanlimos.org) and LAX Sedan (laxsedan.com). All of them came in at about the same price for the trip between North Hollywood and Anaheim - between $130 and $140, including tax and gratuity.

Just for comparison sake, their prices for getting from LAX to Hollywood ranged between $85 and $100, while for getting back to LAX from Anaheim they quoted me anywhere between $100 and $140.

Just wanted to add that I checked the hotel pickup list at Anaheim and the DL hotel is on the pickup list, so they should be able to their lugguge there (maybe there is a bus that goes there? I am not the expert on that) then they could get picked up. I bet someone here knows how to get to DL hotel from wherever they are staying if their hotel is not on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter