Tree House Rumor

Anthony1971

DIS Veteran
On my recent trip we took a boat from DTD as we approached the tree houses the driver slowed down and asked if anyone knew what they were so I volunteered the info and further asked when we can stay in them. He replied Disney has wanted to bring them back for a while but can not make them a stand alone resort as they would need to be Handicap accessible and the only way to do this is to have a ramp winding around the whole building . He then went on to say that they will be added to SSR in 2008 when the resort is sold out as SSR has accessible rooms that can be offered. I did ask about CRV and he said he did not know but it is possible as all DVC sell like hotcakes. Although a rumor I think the driver had an interest as well as he almost missed the turnoff to OKW and nearly slammed into the wall.

I think I remember that rumor floating around here a while back. I think they are using them for CM now. When we were at SSR a couple weeks ago we could see lights on in the treehouses.
Is each house a unit, or a multiunit dwelling? They could be kinda fun to stay in. I wonder how many points they would require to stay in them.

We were told in July that WDW is currently using the Treetop VIllas as dormitory type housing for CM's from overseas.

Yes the Tree Houses are used for the International Program CM's and are seperate units with 3 bedrooms. Apparently they are in serious need of repair/renovation.

Claire ;)

They are used for the International CM's but cannot be used for guests anymore. They can't be renovated because of the wetlands around them. I did read a great post on here before about them & the old Disney Institute. You may be able to find that by doing a search.

They are used for the International CM's but cannot be used for guests anymore. They can't be renovated because of the wetlands around them. I did read a great post on here before about them & the old Disney Institute. You may be able to find that by doing a search.

I thought they can be repaired/updated/renovated only that could not be reconctructed in any severity due to the wetland restrcitions?

CMs who pilot the boats around WDW are notorious for wrong ideas. Like the one that told us that the black squares on the Swan and Dolphin were where the monorail was supposed to pass through.

D&B I so agree the Tall tales of the Sea are only surpased by the Over the Road Bus drivers.

I think Disney tells them to put this stuff out there (I don't think they could make it all up ) to get feedback and talk to start.

I stayed in one many years ago - loved it. When you walked in the "front door" the kitchen was on the right - seating on the left. Living room on the opposite side. Down a corridor - to the right a BR, further down Master with Bathroom. In the middle of the house, stairs down to the 3rd bedroom and the laundry.

They would need to to extensive work to the units. People expect a lot more for their money than we did back then. Back in the day - they were cool and different. An example - the Master Bath was a small bathroom, with a shower/bath combo.

We were on the Gold Key plan, everything was included - tickets to the park, all food, all tips, all recreation. We had golf carts that we plugged into the treehouse. Or if you went to dinner, plugged the golf cart into the outlets in front of the restaurant. That was the fun part - cruising on golf carts.

I stayed in one many years ago - loved it. When you walked in the "front door" the kitchen was on the right - seating on the left. Living room on the opposite side. Down a corridor - to the right a BR, further down Master with Bathroom. In the middle of the house, stairs down to the 3rd bedroom and the laundry.

They would need to to extensive work to the units. People expect a lot more for their money than we did back then. Back in the day - they were cool and different. An example - the Master Bath was a small bathroom, with a shower/bath combo.

We were on the Gold Key plan, everything was included - tickets to the park, all food, all tips, all recreation. We had golf carts that we plugged into the treehouse. Or if you went to dinner, plugged the golf cart into the outlets in front of the restaurant. That was the fun part - cruising on golf carts.

I always wanted to stay there. Do you have any pictures of the inside? I've tried to find some on the internet but all I ever find are just the outside of them.

I always wanted to stay there. Do you have any pictures of the inside? I've tried to find some on the internet but all I ever find are just the outside of them.

treehouse.jpg

We loved our stays at the Treehouses. We had a great view outside the livingroom windows of the canal and would be outside waving to everyone passing by in the morning. Very relaxing :)

treehouse.jpg

We loved our stays at the Treehouses. We had a great view outside the livingroom windows of the canal and would be outside waving to everyone passing by in the morning. Very relaxing :)

thanks for the pics
thats pretty cool, dont think alot of people have seen the insides

We loved our stays at the Treehouses. We had a great view outside the livingroom windows of the canal and would be outside waving to everyone passing by in the morning. Very relaxing :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting those pictures. You just brought back a ton of memories from when we stayed there many yrs ago

CMs who pilot the boats around WDW are notorious for wrong ideas. Like the one that told us that the black squares on the Swan and Dolphin were where the monorail was supposed to pass through.

They're not from where the monorail was supposed to go?? We were told the same thing many years ago and until this moment believed it. It made sense to us:confused3 They went into the whole "those are the rooms that could be removed and the building would still be stable." And they do match up at the same level don't they? If not, why the black windows?
Now when my DFIL told us that the monorail was originally going to go to VB- we knew that was a slight fabrication :lmao: That's my DFIL for you though! He also told us recently that his uncle owned the property that Walt purchased- we're still waiting on our inheritance from that :rotfl2: .

They're not from where the monorail was supposed to go?? We were told the same thing many years ago and until this moment believed it. It made sense to us:confused3 They went into the whole "those are the rooms that could be removed and the building would still be stable." And they do match up at the same level don't they? If not, why the black windows?
Now when my DFIL told us that the monorail was originally going to go to VB- we knew that was a slight fabrication :lmao: That's my DFIL for you though! He also told us recently that his uncle owned the property that Walt purchased- we're still waiting on our inheritance from that :rotfl2: .

If you look at other buildings the architect has designed, they also have the graphics on the outside of the building similar to the black squares. Plus, would you really want the monorail station stopping right in the middle of your hotel rooms? No, you'd want the monorail station on the main level.

At DL, the monorail goes right past the Grand Californian and does not go right through the hotel. If they wanted a monorail to run through the hotel, that would have been a great opportunity.

If you look at other buildings the architect has designed, they also have the graphics on the outside of the building similar to the black squares. Plus, would you really want the monorail station stopping right in the middle of your hotel rooms? No, you'd want the monorail station on the main level.

At DL, the monorail goes right past the Grand Californian and does not go right through the hotel. If they wanted a monorail to run through the hotel, that would have been a great opportunity.

I get the graphics thing- I'm just saying it does sound convincing. The main level thing though- the Contemporary doesn't pick up on the main level. And at the other MK resorts, though it is outside and not through, it is not at the main level either- it's a raised transportation system, it has to be above. Now I've never been on those levels in the Swan or Dolphin, so I have no idea what the set up is. If they are just regular halls, I agree that that'd be weird and not where you would want it to let off.
My whole point was that, from the outside, it is believeable. Honestly, I think if they were going to do it, they would have done it. Funny though!

ah yes... this IS where we stayed when i was younger. thanks a bunch, as i've often wondered where we stayed (parents can't remember). we had a blast... and if i recall right... we had golf carts to rent as well. thanks again.

treehouse.jpg

This guy had three stripes on his patches so I would think he was very knowledgable... However it it could have been at tall tales as he did almost hit a wall with the boat and he was training a new person

This guy had three stripes on his patches so I would think he was very knowledgable... However it it could have been at tall tales as he did almost hit a wall with the boat and he was training a new person

Three striper's are always in the know. I took Disney investment advice from a three striper several years ago and have never regretted it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter