Trip Report - 1 great day @ DLP

ntink

DIS Veteran
Let me start by saying I am so excited to actually be posting a trip report from DLP! We had a fabulous day and were quite surprised that we were able to do as much as we did.

We visited on Wed, July 28th. We were staying in Paris and took the RER from Charles de Gaulle Etoille station which was right by our hotel. The trains run every 10 minutes. We left around 10am and arrived in DLP around 11am. The train trip is about 35 minutes.

We had 9 people in our group - 4 adults & 5 children. We started with fast passes for Space Mountain. The dads & older girls went on that ride while the little ones went on Astro Orbiter. I ran over and got fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain. DH did not realize how different Space Mountain is from the one in FL and my DD did not like the ride but she was proud to say she did it.

Then we all went on Peter Pan and Small World. I absolutely loved Small World - the themeing was fabulous. Next we went on Pirates of the Carribean and Pinocchio. Our last ride before lunch was Big Thunder Mountain - we all agreed that this was the best ride of the day.

Then it was on to lunch. We ate at Casey's corner - the kids had food from there and we went down Main Street and got baguette sandwiches for the adults - they were delicious.

After lunch we went over to the Studios and saw the Moteurs Action show - it was great. I was the only one who had seen it in FL and it did not disappoint.

We split up again and the Dads & big girls went on the Rock N Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. We watched the parade which we really enjoyed but were a bit surprised at how pushy people were. We had spots right by the ropes and a few adults kept trying to push in front of our kids. I was surprised that people were screaming at the characters for autographs - I don't remember that happening in FL but it has been a few years since I've seen parades there.

We had hoped to go on the Crush coaster but the queue was over an hour so we headed back to the other park. We rode Buzz Lightyear and loved the fact that you can take the guns out of the holders.

Our group split up again and the Dads and older girls went on the Indiana Jones coaster while we caught part of the parade, went to Alice's Labyrinth (another example of great themeing) and went on Snow White.

After walking through the shops, we treated ourselves to some Candy Floss (Yum!!) and headed back to Paris.

The only thing I would have liked to see was Captain EO but we did not get to that.

It was a fantastic day. We loved the parks and hope to get back there someday and spend a little more time.

sounds like a great day.

during the parade you cant get autographs but i think you are talking about stars n cars in the studios rather than the main parade in the disneyland park. during stars and cars you can get pictures and autographs, that is why the roped area goes the whole way around the stage, while they are not performing they do a meet and greet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter