Trip Report - Four Princesses and A Pirate - From the other side........

SparkleMum

Earning My Ears
Well it's taken me a while to get myself sorted to do our trip report. I've been reading jothp's to find out what we all did because it's all a bit of a haze now in the dim and distant past!!!! :sad1:

If you've read jothp's report you will know that there were a lot of us on this trip

Us -Me Suzie (21 again!), Jon (21 again!), Emily (8) & Matthew (5 when we went 6 when we came back)

jothp's - Jo (21 again!), Olie (21 again!), Robyn (8), Harriet (5 when we went 6 when we came back) and little Evie (3)

This was our first trip to Disneyland Paris and a bit daunting but I needn't have worried because Jo had been plenty of times before and planned everything. She would ask me questions on Facebook about what we wanted to do but I really had no idea - I'm sure she never suspected!! ;) I knew that whatever her children liked then mine would like the same.

I was told (;)) an early crossing on the tunnel would give us longer in the park on the first day so at 5:10 we left the house and drove 10 mins down the M20 to the Eurotunnel.
Me:
IMG_0492.jpg

Jon:
IMG_0491.jpg

Emily:
IMG_0490.jpg

Matthew:
IMG_0489.jpg

The holiday got off to a really good start when Jon pulled the handbrake up on the train to park and promptly broke it!! :eek:

At 10:30 we arrived at the hotel! I coudn't believe the size of it!
IMG_0494.jpg

Whilst Jo booked in at the separate Admirals floor desk (posh people ;) ) I had to wait with the other mere peasants! Whilst trying to concentrate on what the guy behind the desk was saying the kids had found Donald and they had their first autograph!

It was very hot as we headed to the park for lunch.
IMG_0500.jpg

What I loved was the fact that it wasn't crowded. Our photos for the beginning of the week certainly have less people in them
IMG_0503.jpg

We had lunch at Caseys - the food tasted much better than it looked!
IMG_0505.jpg

We then walked into Fantasyland and Matthew had a go at pulling the sword out of the stone....apparently it did come out....honest mum!!
IMG_0511.jpg

We then went on 'It's a small world'. Lovely ride with a lovely short queue. We then went over to Pirates of the Carribean....Emily was not impressed with this ride at all :laughing:. We then went for the more sedate Carousel and after making sure the kids had a horse we were left with a carriage :sad2:

Now it was time to queue up for the parade. We decided to sit at the end of the parade - I can't remember why we decided that because I don't think Jo had sat here before but we liked it as there seemed to be no one pushing in front and being a pain. I know I was very excited at seeing the parade!!
IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

After the parade we headed out to the village where we had dinner at Annettes. By now were were all exhausted with the kids being slightly hyper. We seemed to be the noisiest table upstairs :blush: This was Jons first meeting with Chilli con Carne on the holiday - in a burger of all places!!! It was a case of eat and go making sure we took the frisbies and cups with us! No complaints about the food on day 1. :thumbsup2

We got back to the hotel and got our bags from the car - didn't realise we'd packed so much! The kids took ages to go to bed and after such a long day I wasn't impressed :mad:

Suzie.

yey lovely start - isn't the entrance to the Newport Bay Club hotel impressive :goodvibes.

A great start. Nice to see our trip from a different perspective:goodvibes

A great start - how lucky to be with people who new their way about on the first trip! I remember being head down in the map for most of our first time.

Look forward to more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter