Trip report... Me 'n the boys!

kathfish42364

Earning My Ears
As promised, my trip report!
While in the planning stages I visit here CONSTANTLY, to get tips, ideas and just to live vicariously. lol

Trip was me, (the mom) 16 (D) and 14 (S) yr old sons.
May 4-8
Cabana Bay

Unfortunately S, my 14 yr old was sick for most of this trip. It definitely put a damper on it, but he had one night and a full day, thankfully, so he got to enjoy some of it! The three days he was unable to leave the hotel room me and D went to the parks first thing, before he woke up, got back to the hotel by 11-ish, hung out with him for the afternoon and then went back to the parks dinner time until 7 or so. I was def torn, not wanting to leave him, but also knowing that I had another child that had been waiting for this trip for so long.... this "sick" is not uncommon for S, without going into detail, he's not in pain, he's just... uncomfortable. And a theme park is not the place he wants/needs to be. He did a lot of sleeping, playing on his computer and phone, watching TV. Same thing he would of been doing at home. I told him I owe him another trip. And there is a lot me and D did not do, because we were waiting to see if S would feel better....

Cabana Bay - love it. Totally retro! Staff is amazing. Food court was good. We had burgers, spaghetti, pizza, roast chicken. It was all really good. Prices were fair and the kids meals were totally big enough for me and S. D, on the other hang, needs lots of food. lol

The lazy river was perfect, exactly what I wanted it to be. We spent a lot of time going round and round. :) The other pool, with the slide... the slide was fun, but honestly, I didn't really like that pool. Not sure why, but the vibe was not good to me.

We hit the parks at 8 am each day and honestly, by 11, we were done. Not crazy crowded at all. Great time to go! Except they close so early! I would like to visit when they are open later. My favorite ride this year was Kong, for sure! Horror Make Up Show was great fun. Never got on Minions, it was the one ride that was 40+ minute wait all day every day. Rip Ride Rocket, OMG. Crazy. Glad I did it, but once is enough! Hulk was amazing, Dragons rocked. Of course Harry Potter stuff was super cool.

It was nice to be there 5 days, we took our time, did not have to rush or stress. Looking forward to our next trip!

If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer!

TY

Aww, sorry to hear your younger kid was not feeling well. It always stinks to be sick, but on vacation, even more. Glad he was able to enjoy the parks some of the time.

So happy you were enjoying the parks and the hotel.

And yes, with food, I have a DS that's 19 now, and teen boys are eating machines. LOL

Thanks for doing this report.

Sorry to hear S was unwell! But I'm glad you guys had as much fun as you could.

Did you buy floats for the lazy river? I hear it flows well enough that a tube isn't 100% necessary.

Did you buy floats for the lazy river? I hear it flows well enough that a tube isn't 100% necessary.

Hi I was there last time we walked, swim or used a life vest to float. We had fun without a tube. You could do without one. We might try one this year!

Hi:goodvibes Sorry to hear about DS being sick. I always worry about that when going on vacation. I am glad you were able to still enjoy it. I am leaving the end of July:cool1: Thanks for the report love to hear about someone else's trip and get me ready for mine:banana:

Yes, I purchased off Amazon before we left. You don't need to have them, it does flow pretty good, but it's sooooo nice to have one! I got two diff kinds, one with a seat and two just big tubes. Really liked the tubes the best. Oh how I wish I were there now. :)

Yes, I purchased off Amazon before we left. You don't need to have them, it does flow pretty good, but it's sooooo nice to have one! I got two diff kinds, one with a seat and two just big tubes. Really liked the tubes the best. Oh how I wish I were there now. :)

And the ones that they sell are great, they are nice and big and not too pricey, I think like $10. But they do blow up yours as well, they are very happy to do it!

And the ones that they sell are great, they are nice and big and not too pricey, I think like $10. But they do blow up yours as well, they are very happy to do it!

I haven't been worrying about buying a float for the lazy river, but last night I went to CVS and saw a pool float in the shape of a banana and I wants it precious...

So sorry to hear your son was sick! That's a tough one.

But, glad you still managed to have a great time in the parks and hotel too........

Even with doing the parks about half days, you and your son probably had a blast

You timed it fine by returning back to Cbay when your other son was up

It is difficult to have one of your boys become ill during the trip.

You'll have a next time to
Enjoy the parks again

Cbay is a great hotel to stay at

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter