Trip report: Tuesday, 10/30 - Sea World on our anniversary!

grumbada

Imagineer Wannabe
As an attempt to make this trip report more convenient for you to read, I will post each portion of this report under the subject headings where you might be most likely to look for related info. I'll post links at the beginning of each report. If you have any questions at all, please please please ask. I paid attention to a huge amount of detail which can most likely be remembered if only you remind me.

Sat. 10/27 - Downtown Disney & Disney Quest
Sun. 10/28 - Animal Kingdom & Epcot
Mon. 10/29 - Disney MGM Studios

Tues. 10/30 - Sea World
Tues. 10/30 - Medieval Times
Wed. 10/31 - Busch Gardens Tampa & Howl-O-Scream

Thur. 11/1 - Open Day - All StarResorts

Fri. 11/2 - Hard Rock Hotel, Islands of Adventure
Sat. 11/3 - Halloween Horror Nights (The last night)
HHN, IoA and HHN (Finally!!)

Sun. 11/4 - Round-trip Norfolk to Orlando on SouthWest

Characters & Plot: DH and myself returning to Orlando for our first wedding anniversary (which we like to consider the long-awaited second half of our honeymoon).
Mode of discount: Busch Gardens Platinum Passes

------------------------

Day 4
Tues. 10/30 - SeaWorld

With our platinum passes that we'd bought online through Busch Gardens Williamsburg, we where able to park and get into Sea World for free, as well as get a 10% discount on all merchandise (I'm not sure, but the free parking and 10% off merchandise might have been repealed in this park or may be soon). After a year of DH talking about Clyde & Seymour and how much he loved the show when he was a kid and how much he looked forward to seeing them this year… The show was closed for refurbishing!!… I quipped that I was going to talk to the park manager… "Sir, I have a very sad lil' boy on my hands who I brought down here all the way from Virginia just to see Clyde & Seymour. He's talked about it all year and now I want you to explain to him why the show is cancelled… He's right over there… The 6'5" one with the long hair, pouting and smoking a cigarette…"
Okay, so otherwise we had a really good time. We both love animals, he got to ride the BIG coasters and I got to ride the water rides (Atlantis is fantastic!). The only hindrance is that it was a little cool that day and DH didn't want to walk around wet, especially since we had a show to go to at night. I should have looked a little harder for those disposable rain ponchos, which I've heard you can get at dollar stores… They would have really come in handy and allowed us a lot more fun on the water rides. We did get to see the shark feeding at 11am, and even if we didn't, just seeing the huge tank full of up-close-and-personal sharks is well worth the look-see. Wow! And my personal favorite, the penguins, are always worth seeing twice. Since today was our anniversary, he bought me a stuffed penguin toy and I got him a souvenir shot glass he'd had his eye on and a Sea World coffee mug.

Sorry you missed out on Clyde and Seymour. The year-round parks unfortunately have to close down attractions from time to time. Fall is a common time when the parks are less crowded

I am jealous of your platinum pass! They don't offer that pass in Florida for some reason. We had to pay 50 percent to visit the the Williamsburg park during the summer with our wild card plus pass. We loved the new Ireland section. Williamsburg is our favorite park of all the Busch theme-parks. You are lucky to live so close to it.

Hey grumbada - we were there Tuesday 10/30!
Got soaked on Atlantis. Did you do Kraken? It
makes RnR look like a kiddie ride.

Bob913,
I agree with you on Kraken. I LOVED it . I had a hard time deciding if I liked it better than Dueling Dragons at IOA. They are both great coaster--and so is the Hulk.

How could I forget? ...Took me awhile to remember where I saw this...

One huge highlight that you should not miss if you go to Sea World is Cirque de la Mer! The lead actor/clown, who must be at least somewhat inspired by Harpo Marx, was brilliant! I won't give away too much, but I'm sure picking out the volunteers from the audience has to be well thought out and include a certain level of intuition, considering what he has them do. Do NOT miss this show. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The acrobats are of course fantastic and probably not as noticed as they should be.

Bob913, I didn't do Kraken, but hubby did... Here's his quote:

"I thought it was awesome, though a bit short, but the ride itself was awesome ...comparable to Alpengiest (BG-Williamsburg), but not quite as good... but a good second, speaking only of the inverted coasters I've ridden"...

Here's hubby's quote for you, gschmerl:

"(As for) The DD one that had all the turns (Fire?)... I liked Kraken alot better ... the other (Ice?) track, however, is about 1 step above Kraken

What can I say, my honey is a die-hard coaster junky... And he definitely had his work cut out for him on this trip...
Side note... Hubby's favorite was Kumba at BG...
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter