Trip report - warning contains mild horror

delstuart

Earning My Ears
Hi guys

I just got back From DLRP and it was a trip of mixed emotions, read on and I shall tell you why!

There was me and my wife our two DD aged 4 and 6, also my wife’s sister, boyfriend and son

Our flight was due to leave at around 2PM on Tuesday afternoon, everything was packed and we were ready to leave for the airport around 11pm. I then received a call from our sister in law who was also coming to tell me our flights had been cancelled by easy jet :sad2: . I got home to find this was due to industrial action in France (Air France was still running might I add).

This left me with two choices , to either devastate the kids and break their hearts or saddle up and drive from Newcastle over 600 miles to DLRP. As you can imagine the choice was an easy one and we were soon in the car on the way. We arrived at Calais around 8pm and were on the ferry soon after.

This is where the journey goes downhill. The kids were both sick on the ferry and when we finally arrived in France due to our speedy departure I had little clue where I was going when I got to France. It was pitch black and I found the French road signs very sparse and mistakes like wrong turn offs were punished by not being able to get back to where you wanted to be without driving for miles. As I said before if I could have planned the drive this would have been loads easier.

We arrived at hotel Santa Fe around 3 am tired, pissed off, emotional and elated that we had finally made it.

This is where things started to look up!

Since the days all merged into one IL just tell the all the good bits

WEATHER

The weather was overall good, Sunny as hell on the first day, rained for a little the next and overcast but warm on the last two.

RIDES

The kids got on most of the little kids rides over the four days and I was glad to say barely missed the dumbo ride which was being renovated. They enjoyed the cars in Disney studios and magic carpets most. I was also chuffed as I got on tower of terror with a 5 minute wait at the end of the second day and loved it, it was great fun.

Parades and characters

There seemed to be less characters roaming around than when I’ve been in the past but the Disney express dropped a group of them off every hour at the end of Main Street which was nice and good for auto graphs. We managed to catch the stars and cars parade which was cool. The main parade at 4:30 was quite good but seemed to end really quickly (maybe cause I was enjoying to too much) and the ShowTime spectacular was really fun as well.

This year we had some truly great character interactions. My eldest DD was waiting for Jasmine and when Jasmine heard her speak and found out she was English she spent around 30-40 seconds talking to her, it might not seem long but it was an eternity to my DD. We were also watching the Showtime spectacular and she was on my shoulders and stitch stole my popcorn! Also Gaston took time to tell my DD that he loved her hat and blew her a kiss from his car in the Parade.

we seen and got pics with Mickey , Pluto , goofy , Minnie , Donald , Buzz , Woody , Jessie , Stitch , emile , Remee , Chip , Dale , gippeto , genie , eeyore , Tiana , naveen , belle , Snow white , dopey , Jafar , Aladdin, jasmine , sulley and more but I’ve went blank.

Forgot to add we done some pin trading and both DD really enjoyed trading as the cast members were really friendly

Food

Most of the time we ate at McDonalds and the restaurant in Disney studios between the courtyard and Main Park which were ok. We also ate at annetes late on one night and the food was excellent but what made it great was our waiter was really friendly but not annoyingly friendly.

We also had a character Lunch at cafe Mickey one day, I had Pluto’s steak which was lovely, my wife had a profiterole thing which she enjoyed and the kids both had kids meals and never complained. The best thing was that we got 6 characters, Mickey, goofy , Pluto, chip , dale , gippeto and they larked around and signed books for the kids. They both loved it and I would do this again.

Wrap up

The park seemed busier this year but we done everything we wanted and more. I know the journey here was terrible but I would do it again in a heartbeat as the kids loved it. I think we will definitely go again in a couple of year’s time.

I know breakfast is manic, but you know this so don’t need details.

also for the return joureny just read the journey here in reverse!

if you wanna ask me anything just go ahead :)

some pics

SDC12847.jpg

SDC12702.jpg

SDC12690.jpg

SDC12754.jpg

SDC12687.jpg

SDC12676.jpg

SDC12645.jpg

dreading the drive home
SDC13104.jpg

That last pic is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Sounds like you had a fab time overall

haha, I immediately recognised your girls, you were sat by us in Cafe Mickey on Friday lunchtime I think???

Yeah we were kind of in the middle of the room , whereabouts were you sitting as you might be in some of our pics!

:scared1: i just read the first bit out to my husband and he says it's not 'mild horror' but full on X rated adult-only terror.

Well done to all of you for making the best of things when your flight was cancelled. Many people would have thrown in the towel at that point.

I'm so glad you got such a good holiday for your efforts. Your photos were great - that last one was so funny. :rotfl:

Welcome back!

Sounds llike a great trip if you ignore the bits about the journey!!! :lmao: So funny that you are in each others photos - and some great photos there are too!!

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Shame your flights were cancelled but it sounds like you had a lovely trip overall:thumbsup2

wow - thats a total horror story!!

well done u for driving tho - and sounds like it was worth it (spits in easyjets direction) and ur holiday wasnt too spoilt!!

lovely pics and ur girls are gorgeous!

lol @ the pics of u n mrs wazowski!!

Journey from hell to get there - but it was obviously all totally worth it :goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh my - what gorgeous photos of the little ones and the big ones - well no words needed -:rotfl:!

Glad you got there finally and was up hill from there!:wizard:

Shame about the journey :sad2: but glad you had a good time. Lovely photos :goodvibes, and that last one is sooo funny!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter