Tron - Construction Site

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Will this be effecting the back pathways near Space Mountain? It's always been a nice little quiet area to escape from the chaos that is Magic Kingdom. Will the construction take this area away? And when will it begin?

No one knows. My only guess from the conceptual art is that Tron will straddle that pathway. If it does survive, I certainly would expect it to close for a while while Tron is built.

When construction actually begins in a year or two, the path will undoubtedly be closed for the entire length of time they take to construct the exterior of the ride. The footer for the main roof support is right next to the Speedway track, so it would be impossible to temporarily route the path around the construction site. It will reopen after construction finishes. Good news is that it will still exist:
Image_WDW_TRON.jpg

Hopefully with the increased crowds they will relocate that smoking area someplace more out of the way. Other than having to walk through that cloud of smoke I've always loved this path.

It won't be.
Not permanently, at least. It will likely have to close for quite a while for track reconfiguration and possibly for the length of time the external construction of Tron is going on (if the artist's rendering is anywhere close to accurate about the proximity of the roof footer placement for Tron).

Not permanently, at least. It will likely have to close for quite a while for track reconfiguration and possibly for the length of time the external construction of Tron is going on (if the artist's rendering is anywhere close to accurate about the proximity of the roof footer placement for Tron).
We don't know that. I'm not sure the track will have to change at all. The ride is supposed to close for an update though.

We don't know that. I'm not sure the track will have to change at all. The ride is supposed to close for an update though.
Again, this is based on the artist's rendering which does show a different track layout. And which also shows the main support beam for the external plaza roof for Tron being anchored right next to the Speedway track. Oh...and i did say "likely" anf "possibly", not "definitely". None of us has the blueprints. Disney probably hasn't even done a final design approval at this point. All we can go on is this one painting.

Again, this is based on the artist's rendering which does show a different track layout. And which also shows the main support beam for the external plaza roof for Tron being anchored right next to the Speedway track. Oh...and i did say "likely" anf "possibly", not "definitely". None of us has the blueprints. Disney probably hasn't even done a final design approval at this point. All we can go on is this one painting.
I have not heard anything regarding the track layout changing. Concept art also doesn't always show final product. I am just not sure that the track itself will change much at all.

I have the blueprints. Oh no, I've said too much

So the putt putts run on gas, right?

...I see no way they build that tron building without converting the speedway cars. Not only is pollution in the structure an issue...but noise as well. There are air/noise standards or recommendations that wouldn't be met in that scenario.

So the putt putts run on gas, right?

...I see no way they build that tron building without converting the speedway cars. Not only is pollution in the structure an issue...but noise as well. There are air/noise standards or recommendations that wouldn't be met in that scenario.

I too was wondering about this. I figured that they'd have to convert the cars and figured they'd even purchase new cars to maybe fit in with the area.

But the track is on the outside of the structure.......

But (at least in the Shanghai version which I believe this will be a near clone of) part of the Tron coaster goes outside (within the "shell" but outside of the show room) and I would think the fumes and noise form the current version of the speedway cars would negatively impact that experience and mess with the themeing

I am really glad they are keeping the speedway but they *need* to update the cars to fit the theme of the area now (which I guess is what the future looked like in the 1970s?)

I would guess odds of them converting the cars is pretty slim. Diesel engines can idle forever on drops of fuel, it is the most efficient (and lowest carbon footprint) fuel source for that ride. If the track has to change, it will, but that would probably be the only thing.

I would guess odds of them converting the cars is pretty slim. Diesel engines can idle forever on drops of fuel, it is the most efficient (and lowest carbon footprint) fuel source for that ride. If the track has to change, it will, but that would probably be the only thing.
The ride including vehicles are supposed to get an update. Now I don't know if that means changing the engines though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter