Tron - Construction Site

But OSHA won't have input on this one?

No...I'm saying that is defintieky a concern...they would have to study that.

At a minimum...it would probably require heavy duty hvac scrubbers/vents...in just guessing.

Far more has been built for far less emissions in the past and present.

No...I'm saying that is defintieky a concern...they would have to study that.

At a minimum...it would probably require heavy duty hvac scrubbers/vents...in just guessing.

Far more has been built for far less emissions in the past and present.

But who cares? Isn't the point OSHA will dictate what needs to be done?

Perhaps...but that would be incredibly short sighted if they do.

Trying to defend carbon based systems as the "best choice" today and moving forward is like spitting into the wind. The die is cast and it will not be repoured.

Let's face it: Pepsi will probably be off the market by the time they get all this work done anyway.

All I said was the diesel engines were the cheapest and most fuel efficient ones to run and THAT is why Disney will stick with them. Short sighted depends on their long-term plans for the track.

I agree there is a perception that electric carts would be more environmentally friendly, and that all Disney needs, the perception of progress, plus they certainly wouldn't have the fume issue. What guests and Disney get to remain blissfully ignorant of is that batteries are expensive, have to be replaced regularly, and actually have MASSIVE carbon footprint that involves deforestation, conflict zone profiteering, child slave labor, and shipping heavy metals back and forth across the globe multiple times. None of that has changed in the past decade, much of it has gotten worse. But, aside of the cost, not of that will matter to Disney or its guests.

But who cares? Isn't the point OSHA will dictate what needs to be done?

No...osha doesn't tell
You what to do...

They could have issue on vapors/emissions during or after the construction process though...

Disney would be out ahead of it to avoid these things as best they can.

No...osha doesn't tell
You what to do...

They could have issue on vapors/emissions during or after the construction process though...

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but looking on the DoL site, it would seem Disney would only have to meet standards set by industry in 1970. I'm guessing those are pretty lax.

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but looking on the OHSA site, it would seem Disney would only have to meet standards set by industry in 1970. I'm guessing those are pretty lax.

Ahh...but the General construction standard was updated several times including about 10 years ago...the trade specific standard apply, the EPA (believe it or not) has its own overlapping requirements...

...and Florida (believe it or not) is actually more stringent.

People fear lawyers...mass lawsuits tend to be the one thing that both businessmen and politicians agree to avoid almost universally

This is all hypothetical though...I don't see them allow diesel emissions to funnel into any semi enclosed space. Not for a minute.

No...osha doesn't tell
You what to do...

Agreed. So again, what is the concern? Disney will be out ahead of it. If not, they will have to address is.

All I said was the diesel engines were the cheapest and most fuel efficient ones to run and THAT is why Disney will stick with them. Short sighted depends on their long-term plans for the track.

I agree there is a perception that electric carts would be more environmentally friendly, and that all Disney needs, the perception of progress, plus they certainly wouldn't have the fume issue. What guests and Disney get to remain blissfully ignorant of is that batteries are expensive, have to be replaced regularly, and actually have MASSIVE carbon footprint that involves deforestation, conflict zone profiteering, child slave labor, and shipping heavy metals back and forth across the globe multiple times. None of that has changed in the past decade, much of it has gotten worse. But, aside of the cost, not of that will matter to Disney or its guests.

Oh I agree...it's a world of imperfect choices...

The thing I wonder is how much battery capacity would those things require?

Aren't those cars less advanced than toys r us at this point? We built a go kart in the 80's that probably had more horsepower...

Agreed. So again, what is the concern? Disney will be out ahead of it. If not, they will have to address is.

There is no concern. If this is your daily attempt at painting disney great...it needs a more useful application. This is all hypothetical...not a criticism of disney in anyway.

As you were.

This is all hypothetical though...I don't see them allow diesel emissions to funnel into any semi enclosed space. Not for a minute.

The diesel-powered steam train will travel through the arch as it does many attractions and tunnels. The cars are just passing near it, admittedly at greater frequency. As @rteetz noted, the Speedway has been near walkways and queues for decades now with little more than people saying they won't walk by there because of the fumes.

The diesel-powered steam train will travel through the arch as it does many attractions and tunnels. The cars are just passing near it, admittedly at greater frequency. As @rteetz noted, the Speedway has been near walkways and queues for decades now with little more than people saying they won't walk by there because of the fumes.

Oh...I get that...the train is another enigma.

The paths aren't covered through...open air is different.

There is no concern.

3 pages of no concern? OK.

How about instead "OSHA will strictly enforce any possible fume issues from the train and track, so that's nothing to worry about".

If this is your daily attempt at painting disney great..

How? You are the one that said "OSHA strictly regulates inhaled fumes", I just repeated it (what you said) and asked why the concern then?

Is there a chance your creating/clinging to something negative that's obviously not there?

3 pages of no concern? OK.

How about instead "OSHA will strictly enforce any possible fume issues from the train and track, so that's nothing to worry about".

How? You are the one that said "OSHA strictly regulates inhaled fumes", I just repeated it (what you said) and asked why the concern then?

Is there a chance your creating/clinging to something negative that's obviously not there?

It's postulating at this point...more to follow

I think that emissions in the tron building would definitely be a concern...it would have to be addressed in design...

Which is why it's a potential issue.

Oh...I get that...the train is another enigma.

The paths aren't covered through...open air is different.

No, but the Speedway queue is covered, with a lower ceiling, and much closer than anyone would get walking past under the Tron arch.

Tomorrowland-Speedway-03.jpg

Tomorrowland-Speedway-19.jpg

There are even covered grandstands for sitting right next to the Speedway...
o_1acnr1eo61mqs1hmrrdg1o5811plk.jpg

At this point, you are just arguing in circles since none of us have a say in at anyway, but I don't see any reason to think the is any new fume issue with the Speedway passing near the Tron arch.

No, but the Speedway queue is covered, with a lower ceiling, and much closer than anyone would get walking past under the Tron arch.

Tomorrowland-Speedway-03.jpg

Tomorrowland-Speedway-19.jpg

There are even covered grandstands for sitting right next to the Speedway...
o_1acnr1eo61mqs1hmrrdg1o5811plk.jpg

At this point, you are just arguing in circles since none of us have a say in at anyway, but I don't see any reason to think the is any new fume issue with the Speedway passing near the Tron arch.

Right...and people complain alot about the fumes in the queue and on the promenade outside cosmic rays.

That's a standing issue. So we've come full circle...

No...but open air is different from semi-enclosed. There are construction standards and health and safety recommendations for emissions that are followed and always developing. Inhaled fumes are strictly regulated by osha...for one...let alone the public.

Two questions:
Do you work in engineering/architectural/environmental?:wave:

Are we having a bad day? (In starting to worry about you)

I'd be surprised with this major construction project nearly on top of the speedway...and it now being enclosed basically on all sides with newer construction...if they didn't budget an electric retrofit. It would be really surprising.

I get kind of nauseated sitting there idling in those cars. It's loud and stinky.

And that's really my point...its a known problem...they rebuilt toon town next to it already...and now they're going to close off the back end?

That just seems silly...

We live in a big city so my kids breathe in pollution every day, but I still felt icky sitting there while my two year old inhaled all of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter