Tropical Storm: Isaias Impact

Too far away to make predictions. In addition, as of right now anyway, it’s not forecast to become a hurricane. If it were to stay on the middle track of the current cone, it would be a non event for Orlando.

I wouldn't be too worried about things. I remember going crazy for our trip last year when Dorian was incoming. We ended up moving up our flight a couple days so we could fly in earlier but other than that it was a great week.

Feel sorry for those along the coast and in the Caribbean that are severely impacted though.

Fingers crossed this peters out and doesn't really impact anyone.

Living here (Tampa Bay area) we are watching it. As of this morning, they are stating this will just be a rain maker late Sunday into Monday for central FL. Of course, it's still pretty far out and tomorrow the predicitons will be a bit better.

Yeah I think no matter what, its a pretty safe bet Saturday, sunday, and portions of Monday it will be cloudy, breezy and on and off showers.

The center of the cone is moving to the west. It had looked like it was coming right for me on the Gulf coast, but it has shifted a bit. Tropical storms are usually just a bunch of rain and breezes. We're going to close our new hurricane shutters to try them out. We need the rain in SW Florida.

Wear a poncho on Monday in Lake Buena Vista.

The center of the cone is moving to the west. It had looked like it was coming right for me on the Gulf coast, but it has shifted a bit. Tropical storms are usually just a bunch of rain and breezes. We're going to close our new hurricane shutters to try them out. We need the rain in SW Florida.

Wear a poncho on Monday in Lake Buena Vista.
Not so fast

With the new run of the Euro that just came out I am betting the NHC will shift the cone East.

As I suspected the 5pm update from the NHC shifted the cone east and has the storm going right up the center of Florida

This will change again.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200729-164547_Twitter.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200729-164547_Twitter.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
As I suspected the 5pm update from the NHC shifted the cone east and has the storm going right up the center of Florida

This will change again.

Doesn't seem anything to be worried about for WDW guests though other than possibly getting wet and maybe some rides shut down because of the lightening.

Maybe I am off though but 45mph wind doesn't seem that bad?

The cone moved East but they don’t know where it will curve north which will directly impact the amount of rain Orlando gets! Right now they are saying the states in play and a tropical storm watch will probably be put out in the morning! That may give us a little more info! Rain Friday through the weekend is best we can plan for

Doesn't seem anything to be worried about for WDW guests though other than possibly getting wet and maybe some rides shut down because of the lightening.

Maybe I am off though but 45mph wind doesn't seem that bad?

NO nothing to worry about at all right now. So many things will change over the next 24 hours or so. Pretty much EVERY model keeps it a Tropical Storm so that is good news.

By tomorrow night we will know a lot more.

The cone moved East but they don’t know where it will curve north which will directly impact the amount of rain Orlando gets! Right now they are saying the states in play and a tropical storm watch will probably be put out in the morning! That may give us a little more info! Rain Friday through the weekend is best we can plan for
Yeah by tomorrow night we should know more where it is going once it gets past Hispaniola

It’s pulling East and curving north hang in there right now central Florida is set for tons of rain but these projections change rapidly! I’ve lived there n South Florida over thirty years and have had at least 4 hurricanes go right over my house! I even one time left Sanibel because a storm was predicted to hit there drove home to Jupiter to avoid it got in my driveway and my neighbor came over and said it’s due here in a few hours nothing you can do let’s go to dinner! So you just can’t tell with these things!

NO nothing to worry about at all right now. So many things will change over the next 24 hours or so. Pretty much EVERY model keeps it a Tropical Storm so that is good news.

By tomorrow night we will know a lot more.

Nothing to worry about in WDW, maybe. We're from eastern NC and will be down THERE next week. Now what would you do?

Nothing to worry about in WDW, maybe. We're from eastern NC and will be down THERE next week. Now what would you do?
Enjoy a trip to Eastern NC (I was guessing THERE was Eastern NC)? It will be a rainy day or rainy night for most of the US.

After today's model runs and the newest update just out from NHC the entire east coast should be watching this very carefully

As of now, Orlando should just have some rainy weather with some wind gusts Saturday and Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter