Trouble with website

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
For three days now everytime I try to check availability or book online at the member website it pops up with a picture of Rex and says having trouble loading the page. Anyone else having issues?

These things come and go.The website is rather buggy.

Some things that might help:

Restart your computer.

Choose chrome as your browser if possible.

Use a Chrome Incognito window if the regular window doesn’t work.

If using Chrome, then close it and try one of the other 3 or 4 major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.

Try Incognito mode in all of them.

iPads often have more problems communications with the website than Microsft operating systems.

Go to settings and clear your buffers and caches.

Try to avoid running other programs in the background at the same time.

Call member services and choose their Technical Support option. Ask them for help.

CALL. WDW has no business website. They have an ongoing experiment, with no Change Control. When was the last time AMAZON did this?

Please, do not play....
1) Dump cookies
2) Change browers
3) Slay Chicken, while singing the Mickey Mouse Club Theme from 1958 - backwards.....

Instead, reward a firm with no viable BUSINESS Website with increased phone support cost. BTW - the DVC PHONE Cast Members are stellar :).

(800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800† – Option 1.
Help & Contact | Disney Vacation Club
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/contact/

CALL. WDW has no business website. They have an ongoing experiment, with no Change Control. When was the last time AMAZON did this?

Please, do not play....
1) Dump cookies
2) Change browers
3) Slay Chicken, while singing the Mickey Mouse Club Theme from 1958 - backwards.....

Instead, reward a firm with no viable BUSINESS Website with increased phone support cost. BTW - the DVC PHONE Cast Members are stellar :).

(800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800† – Option 1.
Help & Contact | Disney Vacation Club
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/contact/

I can understand your sentiment. And I have seen some really strange, even Freaky things happen on their website. AND, the cast members on the phones have been universally wonderful, and should all get 5 stars. BUT . . .

But I prefer to do as many things a possible, for myself. I like to experiment and I like to keep options open. For example, I currently have TWELVE Villa and room reservations, spread out over several months from February through June, and I don’t yet even know if we are going to take ANY of them. I would feel bad if I did all that through CMs, then cancelled them all.

Also, I was having a lot of problems, but over the last month or so I have had no problems at all, except when we were in Mexico, and that is using all 4 major browsers on 5 different machines.

These things come and go.The website is rather buggy.

Some things that might help:

Restart your computer.

Choose chrome as your browser if possible.

Use a Chrome Incognito window if the regular window doesn’t work.

If using Chrome, then close it and try one of the other 3 or 4 major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.

Try Incognito mode in all of them.

iPads often have more problems communications with the website than Microsft operating systems.

Go to settings and clear your buffers and caches.

Try to avoid running other programs in the background at the same time.

Call member services and choose their Technical Support option. Ask them for help.

Just so you know......everything you just typed......are to fixed symptoms of a buggy computer....not a buggy web site. It has been my experience, that disney web sites run very well when end user hardware and software is working as expected. Disney does NOT have crappy web sites, contrary to what the non IT professionals on these boards would have you believe.

Just so you know......everything you just typed......are to fixed symptoms of a buggy computer....not a buggy web site. It has been my experience, that disney web sites run very well when end user hardware and software is working as expected. Disney does NOT have crappy web sites, contrary to what the non IT professionals on these boards would have you believe.

That is a possibility I won't claim that any of my computer's are absolutely top-of-the-line most up-to-date. However a lot of them have very good reputations such as my relatively new iPad and the type of phone that I use and some of the other Hardware that I use. Yet I still had problems with those machines.

Why does Disney say that THEY have problems with certain types of machines and with certain common web browsers?

Why don't other major business sites have similar problems?. Why do they all seem to be able to talk just fine with the computers that use them? Can you imagine what type of business Amazon would have, if people had so many problems, and then every time they called up Amazon they were told oh it was just your machine that is not talking well with us. Not our fault.

And how do you explain some of these really strange things like the fact that one time I tried to make a reservation for someone who is from South Korea. But when I went to list the International location they were from the Disney website ONLY showed up with North Korea. This was on the drop-down menu form the Disney website. South Korea just was not on the list. Not next to North Korea, not at the top, not at the bottom, not listed under Korea, not listed under Republic of Korea not listed anywhere. So I called up the Disney member services. The cast member looked on her computer and said oh yes we have South Korea listed it's right under North Korea. Well I'm sure that is the case on their computer but it wasn't on my computer when my computer was communicating with their computers.

The fact is not everyone has top-of-the-line new clean completely up-to-date computers. They should still be able to talk with the website using any typical browser from any typical machine and have no problems.

All of the suggestions I posted are things that Disney suggests and puts out for people. And despite doing that I can tell you their program still, often, does not communicate well or run well.

Disney is in the business of making money, not software. They do just enough to provide basic info so you can call them. I don't expect they will ever hire a real s/w development team, nor do I see any profit in it for them. Especially DVC, they have our money already, no need to spend anymore on service.

you would be surprised what % of folks out there try and get by with 5+ year old computers that have not been updated in years.

Your computer is much like your car. you dont do the simple maintenance on it, and it will break down and fail. most web sites / software are designed to work well with device about 3-4 years old but regularly updated. Anything more that that, and good luck.

I just grow tired of everyone blaming disney's IT department, when in many cases......it is the end user who has issues. spoken from an e-commerce development POV.

you would be surprised what % of folks out there try and get by with 5+ year old computers that have not been updated in years.

Your computer is much like your car. you dont do the simple maintenance on it, and it will break down and fail. most web sites / software are designed to work well with device about 3-4 years old but regularly updated. Anything more that that, and good luck.

I just grow tired of everyone blaming disney's IT department, when in many cases......it is the end user who has issues. spoken from an e-commerce development POV.
I can understand, but if that really is the case Disney should publish a list of specifications in order to access their website best. Of course if they did that, then people would still have problems, and Disney would have nothing else to point to. I still Dont think Disney’s software is super robust

My laptop is a fairly high end Lenovo gaming computer. Bought it 4 months ago. Neither the site nor the App recognized my +10 for our March reservation this morning after signing in & our clearing cookies etc.

On a whim I completed the online checkin for my reservation 180 days from now & the +10 popped up....

I’m not saying that you’re wrong about some IT problems occuring due to the user’s hardware/Internet connection, but in my experience, Dis’ IT sucks.

I won’t bore you with the story about how the kids migrated from my account to DH’s and after over an hr on the phone the IT dept could neither explain nor fix it....

What I love is the weird things that will happen with people accounts, like ghost reservations, lost points, reservations disappearing......... then you call up and the CM can't fix it, but has to transfer it to Disney IT and the next day everything is fixed!!!!! I can't believe this is a very efficient way to run a website, having to have IT people manually fix user problems.

Disney is in the business of making money, not software. They do just enough to provide basic info so you can call them. I don't expect they will ever hire a real s/w development team, nor do I see any profit in it for them. Especially DVC, they have our money already, no need to spend anymore on service.
Dead right. Unlike AMAZON? "they will ever hire a real s/w development team".

No problem. CALL CALL CALL CALL.

But, theoretically at lest, a GOOD website would save them money, by decreasing the amount they pay their phone staff. Less calls would mean less staff, so it seems to be in their interest. Just like most airlines are pushing people towards online reservations, and away from “expensive” phone calls.

Of note - all of MDE junked up, yet again, on 9-11-2018. Lost Reservations, "rolled back" personal data.....
Keep that CALL WDW NUMBER. GREAT phone CM's recovered Our XMAS Party Tickets.

Just got off the phone with IT help desk. There is a major problem with the system and they are still working on it. Doesn't help
all of us who are missing out on making fastpasses today and that have multiple annual passes missing from our accounts. Extremely
frustrating to say the least
from another thread in another forum, happened today. I think the proof is in the number of times this happens, it's more often than it should be across multitudes of platforms and devices. Apologize and blame all you wish, proof is in the number of complete system issues regardless of user device.

Yup... i am trying to make a reservation and the system denies me the ressie saying "you are outside your window. this reservation can be made on Sept. 12" o_O ok

Site dead, two days.... 9-11 through 9-12 2018.

Yup - no ability to link tickets - and appears that WDW has lost data, regarding XMAS Party Tickets, 2018.

What WE did....

1) CALL - this year, wdw did not email E TICKETS.
2) We were clear: Tickets, or CC Challenge.
3) We now have a valid CONFIRMATION NUMBER for our XMAS Party tickets. Something we can PRINT, and take with us, for the NEXT MDE collapse.

HERE is what you will see, effective 17:00 EST, 9-12-2018, when trying to link "forgotten" XMAS PTY Tickets: OTHER tickets may have been lost... we just do not know at this time .

I just have to repeat - this isn't a character from the "Wizard of OZ" (Glitch). Computer Systems do not randomly throw up, or just get angry with you. This is the result of BAD IT, INFERIOR coding, and NO CHANGE CONTROL. WDW HAS NO BUSINESS WEBSITE. I pray for the day when they DO....

TODAY is not that day .

Attachments

• MDE DEAD.jpg
    MDE DEAD.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 10
Disagree. My evidence? AMAZON. Notice how it can deal with just about EVERY platform, operating system, and browser? Have they ever asked you to play "dump cookie" games?

WDW has a joke website. It fails on a regular basis. It is not a serious business website.
For reference? IT, 27 years. Dow Chemical.

Now - update on the sick WDW Website....

9-13-2018, apx 9:00 EST - our missing reservation data re-materialized. So, halting our CC Challenge....

But an addition?....

There has been a trend to NOT provide emailed backup data to people booking Special Events. This year? NO E-TICKETS.
Just us? ANYTHING you have paid for should be confirmed by a RES NUMBER. Something you can PRINT, and take WITH you. The so-called "WDW Computer System" can NOT be relied on to actually retain this data. Because it is not a reliable, BUSINESS Computer System.

Perhaps one day? It will be. TODAY is not that day .

(Edit) - sadly, THIS sight lost the upload :(.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-13_18-44-55.gif
    upload_2018-9-13_18-44-55.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
Cannot modify res tonight. All I get are dwarfs and a sign to check back later as they are under going maintenance....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter