try to understand points

the_grinch

Mouseketeer
Hi all i am looking onto buying dvc .As you can guess I am new to this timesharing stuff I am trying to learn what I can from the net so not sure if I am right in this .if I get a contract with 160 and a use year around June .even if the contract has 0 points for 2016 and 0 points for 2017 but has full 160 points for 2018 I could then book a vacation for November 2018 that cost up to 320 (I would borrow 160 points from 2019)

Last edited:
Hi all i am looking onto buying dvc .As you can guess I am new to this timesharing stuff I am trying to learn what I can from the net so not sure if I am right in this .if I get a contract with 160 and a use year around June .even if the contract has 0 points for 2016 and 0 points for 2017 but has full 160 points for 2018 I could then book a vacation for November 2018 that cost up to 320 (I would borrow 160 points from 2019)
Correct

Do yourself a favor and take the time to read the posts here in the "purchase" section.

You can make a reservation as long as you have points available during the reservation dates, not when you place the reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

There's also a good thread going about the value of stripped vs. loaded contracts you might want to read before making a purchase.

I would try to buy a contract loaded with points. It is easy to get into the borrowing ahead cycle and hard to get out of it...lol.

The answer to your question is yes. However, as you do your research you will probably come to the conclusion that this is not the way you want to go. The reasons for this are many, some of which have been mentioned here already. To add to the thoughts above, stripped contracts are typically not as good a value as loaded contracts, so you're paying more for less, so to speak. This strategy will also put you in a perpetual cycle of borrowing, which is problematic for many reasons. As Bill said, take your time, do your research and you'll learn enough to make an informed decision that you are comfortable with. Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!