Trying to Plan and No Response

JudgeFMS

Earning My Ears
Long story short- my fiance and I decided to try to plan a Disney wedding for our six kids, parents and family. We are not picky on dates, days of the week or venues (anytime in April- May would be ideal). However, we cannot get a response from the weddings department. I have emailed and called time and time again. The most I have received is something saying they would be in touch.

Am I fooling myself that we can get this done? It looks like several people - even those who have already put money down- are not able to reach people. Should we just go with the contingency plan?

Many of the planners are still furloughed so the few who are working are dealing with canceled/rescheduled brides. Patience is key when working with Disney. I don’t know if this is still true but last I heard they weren’t scheduling any new weddings till after July 2021 so if you are looking at April-May next year it might not work out.

I'm not sure what your contingency plan is, but if it involves any Orlando area hotel, you may still run into the same issue. Many hotels have laid off/furloughed event planning staff to spring 2021.

Long story short- my fiance and I decided to try to plan a Disney wedding for our six kids, parents and family. We are not picky on dates, days of the week or venues (anytime in April- May would be ideal). However, we cannot get a response from the weddings department. I have emailed and called time and time again. The most I have received is something saying they would be in touch.

Am I fooling myself that we can get this done? It looks like several people - even those who have already put money down- are not able to reach people. Should we just go with the contingency plan?

Oh wow! That's frustrating to not hear back for so long! It's been a couple months since then - did you ever hear back? I've seen some posts on DISBrides about Spring 2021weddings...either way I hope you've found a perfect way to celebrate your union! <3

I'd reach back out to them again. We're resuming planning our wedding and recently heard back from a reperseantive, though it s not who we were initially working. Many of the workers are still furloughed.

Solomon

I had a lukewarm experience with disney weddings also. We wanted disney because it was easy, but now we are looking into different options. I work in the travel industry also, I know times are hard and the remaining employees are probably working like crazy. But our questions never got answered, calls and emails never returned etc...

We talked with Four Seasons and they were SUPER responsive but still, felt a little "salesy" if that makes sense? Like pushing for upgrades and everything.

My favorite people that I spoke to were the Paddlefish restaurant and Just Marry. I know people have had mixed feelings about Just Marry, but man were they on top of their game. They went above and beyond to answer every single hypothetical question I had, all over the phone and in writing in follow up emails.

All decisions are on hold because of Covid, but I think when we start the planning process again we would ask Just Marry first.

Prior to covid, the initial contact with someone took a little bit of time. I can't imagine what the few planners are having to deal with now.

I now when my friend was planning a DCL, they were told the wedding planner would not be reaching out until 4-6 months before the set date of the wedding. Of course, by that time, the DCL had been canceled by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts