TS Reviews 8/13 - 8/21 DDP 1st half

Ohiodisneyguy

DIS Veteran
:sad: Well, vacation is over. Back in Ohio, kids in school. But what a vacation. What a (FREE) dining plan. Here we go.
Sun. 8/13 Coral Reef, EPCOT ADR for 7:20 pm. Seated at 8:00 pm(most all restaurants were running behind). Disappointed in the wait time, but well worth it. I had crab cake, very good. Wife and son(10) had grilled mahi and loved it, they didn't care for the couscous. Waiter, who was very attentive, arranged for my younger son(6) to have steak even though it wasn't on the kids menu. Desserts we had were chocolate lava cake(I think), happiest celebration cake and build your own sundae, all excellent. This place is definitely on the "go-to next time list". Aquarium was cool. Nice ambience. Great service. :woohoo:
Mon. 8/14 Teppanyaki, Japan Pavillion, EPCOT ADR 7:45 pm. Seated at 8:10
Again, waiting stinks when you have ADRs. Wife and I had steak and scallops. 10 year old had fillet mignon. 6 year old had chicken. Best meal of our vacation. Food was excellent. Service was good. Chef was funny and very :thumbsup2 entertaining. At one point she dropped a utensil and said "sorry, I'm drunk", my kids thought she was hillarious, you just had to be there. Desserts were ice cream. They could be a little more creative with dessert. If they give you complimentary seaweed salad, politely decline(it's awful). No. 1 on our list, can't wait to return.
Tue. 8/15 Hollywood and Vine, Disney MGM studios 5:10 pm. Seated at about 5:30. I can't believe I defended this place on other threads. I must have caught them on a really good day last time. Food was on par with Golden Corral, a bad one. Service and desserts were ok. If I had been a paying customer, I would have been very disappointed. I felt ill most of the evening after dinner here :sick: . Definitely scratched off the next time list. :crazy2:
Wed. 8/16 Crystal Palace, MK ADR 6:25 pm. Seated at about 6:40. This is what a Disney buffet should be. Salads and sides were creative. Prime rib and salmon were very good. Everything was fresh, very enjoyable. Service was good. All the characters came to the table for pics. Another one on the list. :)
I was amazed at how expensive some of these meals were. Free dining is an unbelievably good deal. If it's ever offered again, I'll definitely do it. If it's not I'll purchase the dining plan next trip. I'll post the second have later, sorry so long. :hippie:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter