TSA Pre-Check for a Minor

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I know that children 12 and under can go through the pre-check line with a qualified adult. I will be traveling with my daughters who will be 13 and 15 when we travel so they will both need TSA-Pre on their BP's. I am considering paying the $85 fee for each of us since we have a trip planned next year as well and it may very well be worth it, simply to avoid the hassle at MCO.

Here's my question. My younger daughter will not turn 13 until just 2 weeks before we leave. Will I be able to get it for her before she turns 13 or do I have to wait until she is 13 before she can apply? Would 2 weeks be enough time to get her KTN?

Looking at your location, you might consider looking into nexus for them. Free for minors (not sure if a parent needs to apply with them, but if so it’s $50).

Harder to get (interviews with US and Canadian border people), but you get easier access to Canada, global entry, and precheck with it.

As my son was closing in on 13, he and I applied for nexus. Well worth it.

Can’t help, but we are waiting until March for our granddaughter to turn 13 to sign her up. All adults in our traveling party have a KTN. They do need a form of ID to sign up, but guessing you might know that. My grandkids have passports. Post back what you find out, because we would do it a little earlier if an opportunity comes up.

Our grand daughter will be 13 when we fly to Disney. Does anyone know if a parent is permitted to be with her during the TSA pre check interview?

Our grand daughter will be 13 when we fly to Disney. Does anyone know if a parent is permitted to be with her during the TSA pre check interview?

I would guess yes, because my 13 yo granddaughter will need to apply soon. It says a parent must provide their ID. We were going to take her, but seems a parent needs to show address for the child. I’ll let you know as soon as they do it. Just trying to find a good day to do it.

Of course. It's not some interrogation. My wife and I went together they look at your documentation and then take finger prints. That's it.

We gave my mom Pre-Check for her birthday and as we were the ones paying I went into the room with her. As the PP said it's not an interrogation. You basically confirm the answers you gave online were correct, give your finger prints and pay.

Of course. It's not some interrogation. My wife and I went together they look at your documentation and then take finger prints. That's it.
Yes I tried to google and found much information but nothing about interviewing a minor.

We gave my mom Pre-Check for her birthday and as we were the ones paying I went into the room with her. As the PP said it's not an interrogation. You basically confirm the answers you gave online were correct, give your finger prints and pay.
Thank you!

I would guess yes, because my 13 yo granddaughter will need to apply soon. It says a parent must provide their ID. We were going to take her, but seems a parent needs to show address for the child. I’ll let you know as soon as they do it. Just trying to find a good day to do it.
Thanks

Yes, a parent can go in with them. Last summer, I went in with DS12, and DH went in with DS16.

I sat with my daughter during the interview for Global Entry. The interview seems to consist of one or two questions and then they take your fingerprints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter