TUI free car hire insurance

GingerBeacon

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I just wanted to give a bit of info on the “free” car hire which comes with TUI.

I am travelling on Saturday. I am travelling for business and alone so I don’t need a large car. I booked a fly drive.

My intention all along was to decline all additional insurance and use my own 3rd party insurance which covers excess as well as cdw and sli.

To my shock, on my e ticket, it stated

“CDW and THW are included in Fully Inclusive and Gold upgrades. These are compulsory for all car hire so will need to be paid in resort if no upgrade is booked prior to travel.”

Tui were closed so I called Alamo and they assured me that I could decline all additional insurance. I did however want to hear it from TUI.

After 16 phone calls, lots of misinformation and insistence I had to buy their, or Alamo’s insurance I eventually got speaking to higher management.

It took them a few days but today they got back to me and admired that I could use my own insurance (still as expected must pay state tax, airport tax etc) and they have been misinforming customers for years as all information is fead from one data source. This includes what is displayed on the website, information available to staff, e ticket etc.

They told me it will be a business decision if they choose to correct this information and it is out of customer service hands.

From my part I will be ensuring that I make a complaint to all relevant regulators. I hope they go about refunding those mis sold insurance but something tells me they won’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter