Turtle Talk with Crush

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
Is there usually a long wait for turtle talk? Like how many people can go to a show at one time? I've never been I dont know how it works. Is there usually a time when you should line up for it, and how long should you wait?

TTwC at DLR is much less crowded than at WDW Epcot. Or more specifically, the theater is much larger at DCA and thus it handles crowds better.

TTwC is inside the Disney Animation Studios at DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot (HPB) area. Shows last about 20 minutes, and mid-day they run three an hour. Typically you can get into whatever the next show is, so your wait is at most 20 minutes mid-day. It might be longer in the morning because of the show frequency (not sure how quickly they ramp up to shows every 20 minutes), but you can spend time doing other things there while you wait.

TTwC is highly recommended - Disney magic at its best. If you have kids, the other parts of the Animation Studios are quite entertaining as well - I had to pull my DW out of there as well as my kids - after 90 minutes - which included 20 seeing TTwC. I would recommend you plan for 90 minutes if you have kids.

HydroGuy said:
Typically you can get into whatever the next show is, so your wait is at most 20 minutes mid-day. It might be longer in the morning because of the show frequency (not sure how quickly they ramp up to shows every 20 minutes), but you can spend time doing other things there while you wait.

Wow, you must be really lucky, because I have never been able to walk into line for Turtle talke with less than 5 or 10 minute wait. Whever I go, I always have to wait for the current lineup to go in, and then wait for the next one. One day we tried 4 different times. We walked up it was 10 minutes to the next show but it was full, so we went somewhere else and come back in 15 minutes, and the next show was full. This was on a Sunday the begining of March so it wasn't really crowded.

In all the times we have gone we have always been able to get in the next one if we waited for the current one to go in and get in line right away. However we have never been able to walk up and get in on the current line. Probably mostly due to timing, we end up walking up within 10 minutes of the start times.

I was there this past Sunday, and I waited about 5 minutes to see Crush. It was a little late in the day (close to 7pm), but it wasn't crowded at all.

If you time it right you shouldn't have to wait. Go into Disney Animation and ask how much longer until the next show. If it's more than 5 minutes just explore the building for a while and return. You should be able to get a seat.

We waited for about 10 minutes during our trip at the end of May and this was mid-afternoon. My kiddos thought this was really cute!!

Hmmmm. I didn't think TT at WDW was crowded at all. We were there in December so I guess that makes a difference, but we were actually suprised no one was there. We went in and out of the show a couple of times without ever waiting and there were so few kids that just about all of them got to ask a question. My 5YO has actually been so disappointed in the CA TT because she never gets to ask a question.

But...We've NEVER had to wait longer then the few minutes for the other 'show' to end. The only time I've ever seen them close off the little waiting area was the day POTC opened and the parks were packed. Usually though we just walk right up and wait our turn.

Anyways. There is a set of seats in the back and then carpet in the front. The kids (and grown ups if you want!) can sit up on the carpet. A 'host' comes around the rooms and guests get to ask questions. Very cute.

We missed TT on our last visit. I plan to make it more of a priority on this next trip. We didn't go downstairs in the Animation building either, what's down there?

MateasMom said:
Hmmmm. I didn't think TT at WDW was crowded at all. We were there in December so I guess that makes a difference, but we were actually suprised no one was there. We went in and out of the show a couple of times without ever waiting and there were so few kids that just about all of them got to ask a question. My 5YO has actually been so disappointed in the CA TT because she never gets to ask a question.

But...We've NEVER had to wait longer then the few minutes for the other 'show' to end. The only time I've ever seen them close off the little waiting area was the day POTC opened and the parks were packed. Usually though we just walk right up and wait our turn.

Anyways. There is a set of seats in the back and then carpet in the front. The kids (and grown ups if you want!) can sit up on the carpet. A 'host' comes around the rooms and guests get to ask questions. Very cute.
We were there in June and those who have been recently know the "word is out" about TTwC at Epcot. The first show is typically at 10AM, and we got in line at 9:30 while our kids wandered around Living Seas. When we came out of the show the line for the 10:20 show snaked around the entire Living Seas first floor waiting area. It was just incredible how long the line was. If you do not make the first show, you will have to wait at least one show cycle to get in - or 20-40 minutes minimum.

Until earlier this year apparently you could show up at 9:50 and make it into the first show. No more. At least not during mid to high season. Maybe low season too. I heard similar things on the boards from February visitors.

stagemomx3 said:
We missed TT on our last visit. I plan to make it more of a priority on this next trip. We didn't go downstairs in the Animation building either, what's down there?
Part of the animation building was changed recently - the "Drawn to Animation" show was removed, I believe. Not sure what replaced it. There are three other areas there that remain.

1. There is an animation example/creation area where there are mechanical, spinning wheels with slits where you can see how animation works. Kids (and adults) are given paper with boxes and some guidance on how to create an animation, and then you can slip it into one of the wheels and watch how your animation works.

2. The most popular room for my family is an audio insertion room. Here there are visual scenes from several Disney animated movies. You are given a line to read, and your voice is recorded and inserted into the movie. Then you can replay the movie and hear your voice talking as one of the Disney characters.

3. Also popular is an area where you sit down at a computerized screen and answer some questions. Then you are told which Disney character you are most like.

As I said earlier, including the Crush show - which we waited all of one minute for, we spent 90 minutes the Animation Studio and I had to finally pull everyone out.

I think Disney is trying to change this, but a lot of people do not even know it is there because it is off HPB and not an obvious place to enter. I think they reworked the entrance area to make it look more inviting.

My kids love the Animation Academy and I'm sure will spend a good amount of time exploring the downstairs area now we know it's there. When were went in June their was only one CM in there and she stood at the entrance to AA and didn't say much. To me it looked like the "entrance" to downstairs was suppose to have a CM at it, but didn't so I guess I was unsure if we were allowed to go down there. I should have just asked!

We went in the evening and only waited for the show inside to finish. It is great! Crush talked to my 3 year old "Lovely Lillian" and had her say "totally sweet" which in her words came out "toty seat". Too cute "dude"!

Monica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter