Tusker House reservation issue :(

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

We have a 10:45 AM Tusker House reservation. It says breakfast, but I know they switch to lunch at 11. Will we be having lunch or breakfast? Any disadvantage to a reservation right at switch over time?

My reservation is for 12 people... but I messed up! We have thirteen, one being an 8 month old baby. Can I call and see if they'll change it? Or do I just keep checking the app?

On the Disunplugged podcasts, I've heard Steve say that this was actually the best time to go. Since the breakfast crowd in thinning out, you'll get more character interaction, as you may get lucky enough to sample food from breakfast and lunch (although Steve's exam was the lunch/dinner switch, but I assume the premise is the same).

We always make a late brft ADR for around 10:30 so we can take advantage of the early hours to get a lot done while lines are shorter, and then with lunch changeover, you can sample some of the lunch food as well as PP mentioned! You can always check in at 10:30, and if they have tables you may get seated a little earlier if you want more time to get brft food.

Hit the buffet right away for bfast items including pastries

Lunch items will slowly replace breakfast items. It's my favorite time to go

At 11 they start putting the lunch items out and putting the remaining breakfast on the island in the middle. The waffles tend to go quickly. I would definitely show up early, especially with that many people. Last trip we had a 10:30 res for 8 and got seated at 11.

On the Disunplugged podcasts, I've heard Steve say that this was actually the best time to go. Since the breakfast crowd in thinning out, you'll get more character interaction, as you may get lucky enough to sample food from breakfast and lunch (although Steve's exam was the lunch/dinner switch, but I assume the premise is the same).

I'm not sure about "thinning out." Yes, breakfast people leave, but they're replaced by lunch people. There isn't a break in reservations. 10:55 gets you a breakfast reservation and 11:00 gets you a lunch reservation. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, you will be able to get both. I recently had an 11:20 lunch reservation there and I was able to get my very first ever Mickey waffle! How about that!

I'm not sure about "thinning out." Yes, breakfast people leave, but they're replaced by lunch people!

Steve was just saying that there are usually more empty tables closer to the end of a meal period than at the beginning. But, he wasn't making a guarantee.

I very seriously doubt you will be turned away for having a baby in addition to your party. But in the event that they going to hold fast to the rule that you can only have 12 (inclusive of the baby), it is possible for one person (perhaps someone who isn't hungry or doesn't care for the menu) to not dine with you and grab a quick service nearby. You aren't automatically turned away.

I very seriously doubt you will be turned away for having a baby in addition to your party. But in the event that they going to hold fast to the rule that you can only have 12 (inclusive of the baby), it is possible for one person (perhaps someone who isn't hungry or doesn't care for the menu) to not dine with you and grab a quick service nearby. You aren't automatically turned away.

I think I would just play ignorant - tell them party of 12 when you get there, and walk in.

We had the same reservation time a you did a few weeks ago xD They still keep the breakfast food there for a bit. At like 1130 there seemed to still be some Mickey Waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. They slowly start introducing the lunch food at 11.

Before you leave, just make sure you check the check. They billed us for lunch, but they'll change it if you ask them. They were nice about it.

I enjoyed it cuz you get the best of both world, breakfast and lunch for the price of breakfast ;3

I'm not sure about "thinning out." Yes, breakfast people leave, but they're replaced by lunch people. There isn't a break in reservations. 10:55 gets you a breakfast reservation and 11:00 gets you a lunch reservation. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, you will be able to get both. I recently had an 11:20 lunch reservation there and I was able to get my very first ever Mickey waffle! How about that!
Granted we've only been to TH twice, but both times were during the breakfast to lunch change over. The first time (May 2015), our res was for about 10:30. The restaurant was initially packed - it looked like every table was full, and it was hard to get by the tables directly by the buffet room. The restaurant slowly cleared out, and by 11 there were plenty of empty tables.

Our second time was this July. We were seated around 10:55 (for a 10:45 res). Well over half the tables were empty - we were the only occupied table in the room at the back (directly opposite the buffet room). We took maybe 45 minutes to eat, and it wasn't until right before we left that another party was seated near us.

We have a 10:45 AM Tusker House reservation. It says breakfast, but I know they switch to lunch at 11. Will we be having lunch or breakfast? Any disadvantage to a reservation right at switch over time?

1) The "switch over" can start as early as 10:45am.
2) The breakfast foods are placed in the middle of the buffet room, and lunch items in/on the buffet tables/counters.
3) If they re busy, you might not get seated until after 10:45am-11:00am, thus missing breakfast items.
4) As far as an extra person, yes, they have turned away people added to the ressie.
5) But, they usually can find space to accommodate your full group - - - but, the group might be split between tables or restaurant areas and not seated together.

That sounds really great. Until they do it.

What are the chances? Pretty slim. But there is a chance that they will turn away a party that is larger than the reservation.
in this particular case, i bet this happens all the time. Yes ANYTHING is possible. Someone could pull the fire alarm when you were supposed to be seated and you'd miss the ADR all together. I can't see the CMs at TH blowing a hole in a huge party's vacation because they forgot to count the baby. It's not like it's a table for 4 and you show up with 6 or 8. It was a simple mistake and I bet one that happens quite often, especially to parents who are not disney experts and don't get that while their infant doesn't count as a person for park admission or for dining plan pricing or for hotel room pricing, they suddenly DO count for dining reservations... and even if they get it, the chance parents who are caring for a baby to space every once in a while is pretty much 100%. I just cannot imagine disney taking a hard line in this scenario... it would be VERY undisneylike. It is obvious the OP is not trying to "get away" with something or cheat the system but rather made an honest mistake and I would bet she is not the first who has done it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter