Two adults and three children in a studio villa?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
Will Disney allow two adults and three children in a studio villa? If no, what would be the options? Upgrade two a two bedroom? There is quite a difference in price. Do the one bedrooms only sleep 4 as well? Just wondering because my sister and her family of four (two children) are staying at BCV in a studio and are considering taking another niece. Would that be at all possible? She already has her reservation and doesn't want to offer to take her unless Disney will allow it. If anyone has advice, please respond!

Disney only allows 5 in a studio if there is a child under the age of 3. They would have to go up to a 2 BR in the DVC resorts (1br fits 4) or another Disney resort that allows 5 - Poly, CR, GF, or the FW cabins.. all star suites etc

You can fit 3 children in a studio,no problem. You will have to bring a blow-up mattress for the 3rd child(or if he/she is small enough,request a pullout bed). Disney just will not give you towels for 5, I believe. Only for 4.

In short, yes you can. I did the same in 2005 with my wife and 3 kids.

Good luck.

Pm me if you have any ?'s

We stayed at VWL studio in November and we have 3 children. One of them was in a crib though. We had no problems, the rooms are fairly large.

We do the same last year, we are 5 in the family me, DH and 3kids. So nothing to worry, we had no problem, it turns out well but maybe it depends on a room.

Could someone tell me more please? We have tried twice recently to secure a ressie(renting points) for our family of 5, 2 Adults and 3 kiddos, (8,5,4) in a studio and hve not had any luck. I had hoped even for teh BWV because some sites list them as sleeping 5 as a studio plus with a jr daybed. My girls are all small and young enought ot all sleep together. Would love a studio, a 1 BR is twice the points and $$.

You can fit 3 children in a studio,no problem. You will have to bring a blow-up mattress for the 3rd child(or if he/she is small enough,request a pullout bed). Disney just will not give you towels for 5, I believe. Only for 4.

In short, yes you can. I did the same in 2005 with my wife and 3 kids.

Good luck.

Pm me if you have any ?'s

Do you know what size air mattress would fit into studio? Would it only fit a twin or would a queen fit?

OKW studios are more than large enough for 5 people w/air mattress, Saratoga is a small studio unit, I would say no - I don't even see how a family of 4 stays in that unit! I haven't been in the other villas, but I've heard that AK has sleeping for 5 with a pull out couch and pull out chair.

It really depends on the ages of the children. Officially studios and one-bedrooms are just rated for four. Disney doesn't allow five to be registered in the room. OKW are larger than the rest so your best chance of not being cramped is there. The studios are OKW have two queens, not a queen and pull out as the other DVC resorts have.

We have two kids (16 and 14) and I even find that the studios are small for the four of us. If everyone is neat etc then I guess it is ok, but I would never even try it with five. It would feel too cramped.

we tend to spend a lot of time at the resort and in the room as well, maybe that makes the difference. If you are at the parks and pool all day and just sleeping in the room maybe that would make it easier.

I would think it would be fine. Just register the room for 4, not 5 and you should be all set.

I would think it would be fine. Just register the room for 4, not 5 and you should be all set.

This could be a problem if she wishes to get the dining plan or to have park tickets on her room key or to access extra magic hours...

I haven't been in the other villas, but I've heard that AK has sleeping for 5 with a pull out couch and pull out chair.
Some of the 1BRs at AKV (anything other than a Value 1BR) officially sleep 5. They have a king bed in the master BR and a queen size sleeper sofa and twin size sleeper chair in the living area. All of the 1BRs at BLT will have this arrangement as well so those 1BRs will also officially sleep five. The studios at AKV and BLT (and all of the other DVC resorts) sleep 4 plus a child under 3 except the "studio plus" rooms at BWV but they no longer allow you to book those as a separate booking category. You can request one and you might get it or you might not. The "day bed" is really more of a deacon's bench with a thin pad. A small child would fit on it but I'm not sure how comfortable it is.

My family of 5 stayed in a yacht club studio (even though it isn't a villa studio). There were two 12 year olds, a 17 year old, and two parents. We fit quite comfortably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter