Two Contracts Same Use Year - How does that work?

Daisybell911

Paging Mr. Morrow!
Hi all! I have a resale contract for Polynesian with an August use year. I just closed on a OKW resale contract that also has an August UY. How will that show up on my dashboard? Does that work a certain way? Is there an advantage for having the same use year like combining points or anything?

Im still getting the hang of everything so any help you could give is very much appreciated!

I'm assuming you did your paperwork correctly and they are titled to the same name with the same use year.

They show up in the same member number, as opposed to a different use year, which is more complicated. You will be asked which contract you are booking from and the order to take the points.

You can combine at 7 months, but you can tell it which contract to take from in order. If you try to book an 11 month with the points that don't qualify, it will give you an error, just like it with any points that can't book that.

Be sure that your broker and you included your current membership number on the new contract.
I’d unsure, email MA to say you are confirming it. I have done this wiTh all my add ons.

Both contracts will be there and when you book you’ll check the contracts to be used. If booking home resort at either only the one will show up as you finalize it.

At 7 months both will and you check them both if you want to use both. They system will pull banked or borrowed points you have when booking 7 months or less from both. It may not look that way as there is a glitch but once a trip is confirmed and you check it will be accurate.

Oh. We didn't put the current member number on the contract and the deal has been signed sealed and delivered at this point. Im just waiting for Disney to upload the contract and my points. I guess you live and learn. *sigh* But I will email MA and see if it can be done now. The titiling is the same.

Its cool that you can combine points from both contracts though. Thats a HUGE benefit!

Sorry to hijack, so on the other side of this, if you have different resorts and use years, do you have two logins to the site, or you just have to keep coming in and out them?

Sorry to hijack, so on the other side of this, if you have different resorts and use years, do you have two logins to the site, or you just have to keep coming in and out them?
Its one log on and you have a dashboard where you can look at all of your contract.

All the same access to your account, but your dashboard will show both memberships,,

When you go to book, there will be a drop down right under the calendars where you choose the dates that allows you to pick which membership you want to use for the booking.

Oh. We didn't put the current member number on the contract and the deal has been signed sealed and delivered at this point. Im just waiting for Disney to upload the contract and my points. I guess you live and learn. *sigh* But I will email MA and see if it can be done now. The titiling is the same.

Its cool that you can combine points from both contracts though. Thats a HUGE benefit!

Hopefully, it will be fine, Adding the number just ensures it’s done correctly from the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter