Two days at each Park?

RoseBen009

Earning My Ears
Hello! First time poster here :) I am planning a trip with my husband and our 10 & 7 year old daughters. We've been to Epcot (which we all love) and Magic Kingdom, but not Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Seems like Epcot and Magic Kingdom we could definitely spend 2 days at, but how about Animal Kingdom and HS? Thinking about 8 days. Thanks!

Personally, I could spend 2 days at AK, but probably not 2 days at HS. Just personal preference. I recommend investing in park hoppers. That way you can always switch it up if you want.

If I had 8 days I’d absolutely do 2 days at each! Our last big trip we did 3 visits to AK. Given all of the recent changes to HS and the FP tiering, I feel like 2 days would be good to try and fit everything in. Plus there are quite a few shows that would be hard to schedule in one day.

I am the opposite. I could spend 2 days (or more) at HS easily. AK I can easily do all I want to do in a day, and often skip it altogether on shorter trips. I think 8 days sounds great. You could always plan for 2 days in each park and then if you decide you'd rather visit a park a 3rd time and another park only once, change plans.

Depends on how you prefer to see the parks...commando or leisurely. I can easily do two days at both parks, but I have crammed it into one day as well. The older I get, the more I prefer slowing down and taking the extra time. Keep in mind that with two days, you will have more chances to get a fast pass for the hard to get rides.

I also think it depends on the time of the year and if you do the shows. The hotter parts of the year may require a mid-day break making 2 days at AK or HS worth it.

I could spend all 8 days just at AK alone and not get bored, by far my favorite park with so much to do. But I would absolutely do 2 days at each park. I think each park has more than enough to do to fill two full days.

We like to have at least 2 days at each park, but even then I feel like it's never enough. LOL. I think 2 is a good minimum though.

I would definitely devote 2 days to HS. I only have one because we wanted this trip to be more budget friendly, but it is stressing me out both because I am worried I won't get a boarding group for RoR on my one chance to do so and because I am worried about fitting in all of our must-dos on one day with the mobs of people who are flocking to HS with all of the new attractions.

When my kids were 10 and 7, we did 3 days at Magic Kingdom, and 1 each at the others, plus a day at a water park.

Magic Kingdom has SO many rides compared to the others and on the last day, we ask each person on our trip what their ONE request is at Magic Kingdom and we ensure we do their favourite thing again, no matter how long the wait is!

Our previous trips we've had 8 day park hoppers but counting arrival and departure half days. Usually 2 days at MK, AK, and HS, and only 1 day at Epcot, cause our son was only 4 and 7 for those trips. We are planning to have almost 8 complete days this trip and we'll see how we breakdown our park visits this time, but I can do two days at each park easy.

Hi, and welcome!

With the new Star Wars additions to Hollywood Studios, my recommendations regarding days spent in parks has changed. My new minimum requirements look like this:

Epcot: 2
DHS: 2
MK: 2
AK: 1

You'll note that's 7 days. So, 8 days has you covered! You'll even have an extra day for a water park, or just to chill around your resort. That being said, those are minimum requirements for seeing everything. If you have to do less, you will still have tons of fun, you'll just miss some things. Personally, we don't like to travel for less than a 10 day trip.

I am throwing myself a 2-week retirement celebration this year in the most magical place on earth. Being of a “certain age” and diminishing stamina, I have opted for an 8-day pass, without Park Hopper. My plan is to rope drop each park once, and stay only as long as is comfortable. Then, do a later start day in each one, to enjoy the evening entertainment.

Of course, that is happily subject to any last minute change that suits the mood!

When we go we always spend 2 days per park and last trip we added a 3rd day to Magic Kingdom. We have no trouble what-so-ever spending 2 days in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood. In AK you can easily spend the better part of a day walking the various animal paths by themselves. And I am a major Star Wars geek (watched the 1st one 27 times in a theater-helps that I worked there). We split the days first day is everything else and the 2nd Star Wars/Toy Story.

We could use two days for all but AK, where we've done all we wanted to do in one day. MK could use three days if we ever had the time. We usually do 1 day in each park except MK, where we do 2 days. Our next trip is 1 day everywhere except DHS, where we'll do two. We've never been to Toy Story Land or the new Star Wars attractions, so we've got one day scheduled for that.

Our last trip we had 9 park days and our kids were 6 and 9. My biggest piece of advice is to not schedule 8 full days or your family will be exhausted! We planned mostly partial park days for all our days on property rather than scheduling full rest/resort days. Going from a 7 to 9 day ticket did not add significant cost and gave us the maximum number of possible pre-booked fast passes while allowing for plenty of down time and schedule flexibility.

Our family spent the most time at MK and HS (we have princess and Star Wars fans in our house). We really enjoy the shows at HS but they do take a lot of time so you’ll likely need more than one day there if you want to experience most of the attractions and shows. If you want to see all the animal exhibits in addition to the attractions/shows at AK I would allow two days at that park as well. If you do not intend to visit the animal exhibits you can likely experience most of the attractions and shows in a single day.

Personally, I could spend 2 days at AK, but probably not 2 days at HS. Just personal preference. I recommend investing in park hoppers. That way you can always switch it up if you want.
I think park hoppers would be worth it for this trip, thanks!

If I had 8 days I’d absolutely do 2 days at each! Our last big trip we did 3 visits to AK. Given all of the recent changes to HS and the FP tiering, I feel like 2 days would be good to try and fit everything in. Plus there are quite a few shows that would be hard to schedule in one day.
Thanks! Does your family take breaks from the park(s) during the day or spend the whole day there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter