Two days at each Park?

Depends on how you prefer to see the parks...commando or leisurely. I can easily do two days at both parks, but I have crammed it into one day as well. The older I get, the more I prefer slowing down and taking the extra time. Keep in mind that with two days, you will have more chances to get a fast pass for the hard to get rides.
That's a good point regarding fast passes, thanks!

Our default used to be 2 days each at MK and EP, 1 at DHS and 1/2 to 1 at AK. With the additions to DHS and AK, I think we'd do 2 at DHS and no less than 1 full day at AK.

Last edited:
Our last two trips have been 10 days and we always do two days in each park but we break up our days with breaks. Some days we do RD, midday break, PM park, or sleep in, hit a park around noon and then another park in the evening, or sleep in, hit the pool and do a park in the late afternoon/evening.

Once you add up the half days we spend 2 days at DHS and last trip it was 2.5 days and this was before Star Wars Land opened. My kids love that park. We also spend two days at AK. AK is gorgeous at night. I could spend multiple evenings there.

I would definitely do two days in each park.

I think two days at each park sounds like a great plan! There's so much to do at each park. Plus, having a second day at each park allows you to experience things you didn't get to do the first time and/or repeat favorites. We love Animal Kingdom! I can't imagine short changing time there. I mention that park specifically because many shrug off AK as a one day park. While we definitely have our favorite parks, there's still plenty we love to do at each of them that warrants a second day, or at least an additional half day if you have park hoppers or sleep in, go to the hotel to swim, etc.

I think 2 days at each park sounds great. However, I'd also give yourself the freedom to change up days 6-8 if you need to. Weather, how someone feels on a day, unexpected ride closures, etc - can all impact how your days go - and you may want to drop one park to 1 day - and make another one 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!