Two Foodies in the World

hmp2z said:
I actually really want to try the main dining room at V&A's! My DH is crazy for the Chef's Table, and I don't blame him :) but, having never eaten in the main dining room, I'd like to try that also. I think that the amount of food would be more manageable out there. I am always unpleasantly stuffed full of fabulous food when we leave V&A's, to the point where I find I don't do justice to the last 4 courses.

Maybe when we move down there, we could go to the main dining room for a regular meal - right now, we go for our anniversary, so we have the Chef's Table tradition for that.

Cheers!
Heather W

You'll have to post a review when you eat in the main room, and I'll post one when we eat at the chef's table. :)

luvtheBuzz said:
My family was sitting next to you at the restaurant!! I couldn't believe it when I was reading the review because I was like, oh my god, I remember that couple!

That is really funny that you were right by us! Too bad you couldn't hear what happened, either :)

We had a wonderful time that evening; I hope your meal was as enjoyable as ours!

Cheers!
Heather W

Sorry, no photos from this day. We were too depressed that it was our last, to remember to take pictures.

Our room was already ready, but instead of going up, we went to Beaches & Cream for lunch. I had the grilled cheese & French fries from the kids’ menu, and Andy had the cheeseburger and fries. These were both good. Andy says the cheeseburgers here are his favorite, and my grilled cheese sandwich was buttery and crispy and just all-around great junk food.

We ordered a No Way Jose for dessert, and this was HUGE! We both love chocolate & peanut butter, so we enjoyed this a lot, even though we only ate maybe 1/3 of this dish.

We got back to the hotel, showered and changed for dinner, and I pulled out the priority seating confirmation. Lo and behold, instead of the 8:10 time that had been confirmed in the e-mail to me, our Boma reservation confirmation said it was for 6:10, which we had now missed!

Our reservations had been made by Itinerary Planning, as part of the GF Concierge services. When I got home, I contacted them about the error, and they claimed that they actually had made TWO reservations for us at Boma, one for 6:10, and one for 8:10, but for some reason only the 6:10 one printed out on the confirmation. Hmmm...

I called up Dining, to verify which time was correct, and they said that 6:10 was, indeed, the time in the computer. There was no other time available, unless we wanted to dine very late that night, so instead, we got priority seatings at Cape May Café. We always enjoy this restaurant, but we hadn’t been to Boma for a few years, and we’d been looking forward to it on our last night.

At Cape May, we had steamed clams, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, and salmon with a lemon caper sauce. These were all good. The steamed clams were very difficult to get, as most had fallen out of their shells. We would fill a bowl with shells, and end up with a total of 5-6 clams! There were two kinds: those with regular butter, and those with a tarragon butter. Andy does not like tarragon, but because of the scooping nature of this buffet, the tarragon sauce had gotten onto the regular clams. This diminished his enjoyment somewhat. I am neutral about tarragon, so it did not bother me.

We tried a seafood salad, which we both thought was disgusting. I can’t really say why, but we both took one bite and said, “Bleh! No more!” Luckily, we had each only put a very small portion of this on our plates. I particularly enjoyed the mashed potatoes, which were very creamy and fresh. They had just brought out a new batch when we arrived.

We did not care for the desserts here, but we did order a Cape May Colada to drink, our very favorite drink in the World. This is like a regular pina colada, except that midori, a melon liqueur, is added to it. It makes the drink a lovely shade of pale green and adds an interesting flavor to the colada.

Two foodies in the World indeed! I loved these reviews!
And I love that you ended them off with grilled cheese and burgers. Disney really can cater to any palate!
I had to laugh that someone from the boards was sitting next to you. I think it's time to start humming "It's a Small World" .. (Damn.. that's going to be stuck in my head for days now)
Thanks again.. I will be trying out many of your selections on this upcoming trip based on this thread :sunny:

Enjoyed your reviews - we will be trying V&A and the California Grill in October and your pictures and reviews have made me all the more eager to get there are starting eating! :teeth:

Thank you for taking the time to post these fabulous reviews and pictures.

DH and I have reservations at Citrico's in a few weeks. Based on your review, I get the impression we might be better off elsewhere. We want to try one of the signature restaurants that we've never been to before. Those would be Citrico's, Narcoosee's, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, and California Grill. If you were us, would you switch and, if so, where too?

carriep1657 said:
Those would be Citrico's, Narcoosee's, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, and California Grill. If you were us, would you switch and, if so, where too?

Based purely on the quality of the cuisine, I would choose California Grill. We've been several times to each of these places, and, while the quality has been hit-or-miss at Narcoossee's and Citricos, California Grill has always been top notch. We also have always had a fantastic dining experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but we prefer California Grill for the variety of foods offered there and for the view.

Cheers!
Heather W

Great reviews and pictures, thanks for sharing. And thanks for making me crave scallops at 10 in the morning... ;) :rotfl:

thanks for the review. My fiancee and I are going to the world in NOvember and were considering going to the restaurant and this just sealed the deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter