Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Congratulations! You both look so cute and happy! And wishing you many more happy years!

I know it will take a little bit to get settled back in, but perhaps we can get together for a bit when I'm there next month. We arrive on the 18th and leave on the 27th. Let's talk when you're settled down.

Congratulations to both of you! Wishing you many years of happiness.

Thank you! :lovestruc

How many times can I like your post?? Congrats!!! So exciting

:lmao: I think it's only the one time :) Thank you! I'm so thrilled!

Congratulations! You both look so cute and happy! And wishing you many more happy years!

I know it will take a little bit to get settled back in, but perhaps we can get together for a bit when I'm there next month. We arrive on the 18th and leave on the 27th. Let's talk when you're settled down.

Thanks! :teeth: And absolutely! I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays, and I think I'll be back at my regular job on Tuesday, but I'm not sure. I see the surgeon again on Monday, and he's the one who decides when I go back.

Thanks! :teeth: And absolutely! I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays, and I think I'll be back at my regular job on Tuesday, but I'm not sure. I see the surgeon again on Monday, and he's the one who decides when I go back.

Let me know when you find out. Right now our Friday plan includes a French Lunch, and they pour the wine generously, so we have no plans for after that as we anticipate a long nap. We have a tentative plan to have grilled cheese and tomato soup in the room for dinner, but if we change our mind, I can always take the soup home.

Saturday we're in DHS in the morning and have a lunch reservation at Beaches & Cream. I planned to hang around the resort in the afternoon, maybe enjoy the pool. We have a dinner reservation at Yachtsman that night.

If your days off change, we can find another day. I tried not to "overplan" this trip, but it's difficult!

So How Did It Go?

All in all, the wedding was a success. The intended outcome was achieved (we were married), so that's good. That being said, there were some things that didn't go as planned, or that other people did, or that got screwed up (because of other people), or just other stuff like that. So here's a thing.

Things That Went Right (Aside From The Obvious)
  • Emily Gilbert as our photographer. She was absolutely wonderful, and I'm very glad that we went with her.
  • Renaissance Catering. They had an incredible price for the service they provided, and the food was wonderful.
  • MNSSHP for the bachelor/bachelorette (for the most part).
  • Our Disney honeymoon.
  • A friend from work and her roommate came to help set up and do my hair.
  • Because of a lot of the things listed in the thing below, my dad said we don't have to pay him back for the photography.
  • Guess who was the one to start the crying during the ceremony? MY SISTER. I would have guessed Jacquie or Kim, but not her.
  • Mike did a wonderful job officiating.
Things That Went Wrong
  • My mom was supposed to help with the flowers and centerpieces, but she decided not to at the last minute.
  • My sister, brother, and uncle left the reception several times to run to the bar across the street to get drinks, since we had a dry wedding.
  • My brother's girlfriend was in control of the music for the processional and it was wrong (but that was okay).
  • I had a full-blown anxiety attack while we were loading everything up on Friday morning, because not one person was helping us (my mom was supposed to, and decided she had to run to the store instead) and there wasn't enough room in the car and there was just too much stuff.
  • My sister originally said that she wanted to split off and do her own thing at MNSSHP, then decided that I was going to be her tour guide, and then didn't listen to a single thing I said, so Matt and I didn't get to do a single thing WE wanted to do, because my mom made it all about my niece. We ended up going again on the last night of our honeymoon so we could do the things we wanted to do.
  • The reception also ended two hours early because no one wanted to dance, so I'm hoping the venue will refund us for those two hours, but I doubt it.
  • One of our wedding guests started texting me at 11:30pm the night before the wedding and wouldn't stop.
  • We were suddenly responsible for taking my brother's tux back because he "had to leave as early as possible" the next day, but then it turned out that oh no, he went to the ocean with the rest of my family.
  • While we were setting up, my mom left the venue to go to Target to buy something she should have picked up earlier in the week and was gone for over an hour.
  • Instead of leaving directly from the venue to go to our resort, my family decided that MATT AND I should be in charge of taking everything back to our apartment. When Jacquie and Kim found out, they weren't happy at all and sorted everything out so that they could take it to the apartment.
  • My mom also tried to get us to let my sister, niece, uncle, and dad stay at our apartment on Sunday night after the wedding. While WE were not home.
  • We checked into the venue two hours before our first look was scheduled, and by the time I was able to sit down and start getting ready, I only had maybe twenty to thirty minutes.
  • While packing everything up at the end of the wedding (because no one who was supposed to do it felt like helping), I got black marks all over the front of my dress.
  • Some people (I'm not sure who) decided to decorate our car. Instead of doing the right thing and using window chalk, they used white shoe polish. We STILL haven't gotten it off the windows.
So... Yeah. All in all, the wedding was a success. There was just a lot that went wrong, mostly courtesy of my family. Either way, we're married and the name change process has started, since we went to the Social Security office yesterday. The honeymoon was great, though, and worth every penny.

Let me know when you find out. Right now our Friday plan includes a French Lunch, and they pour the wine generously, so we have no plans for after that as we anticipate a long nap. We have a tentative plan to have grilled cheese and tomato soup in the room for dinner, but if we change our mind, I can always take the soup home.

Saturday we're in DHS in the morning and have a lunch reservation at Beaches & Cream. I planned to hang around the resort in the afternoon, maybe enjoy the pool. We have a dinner reservation at Yachtsman that night.

If your days off change, we can find another day. I tried not to "overplan" this trip, but it's difficult!

My days off most likely won't change, since that's my schedule bid. I was told we're going to do another one at some point (roughly half of the people in pastry now don't have a bid because they were hired after it took place). We can figure it out :) If nothing else, we can meet up with you the Saturday morning. I also work in the evening, so one of your mornings could work, if need be :)

I'm so late with checking in the Dis on all my favourite threads!!

OMG! Congratulations to you and Matt. I love how you look on the dancefloor.
Sorry that a few things didn't quite go to plan...but YAY you're married. :)

Here's to years of happiness ahead.

I'm glad things turned out well overall! It's too bad some people weren't as helpful as they should have been : ( I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful honeymoon!!!!

It's a bummer that people didn't hold up to their words... But at least you know the most important thing - bring married to someone amazing! I'm glad the honeymoon went well, and that you got to do the Halloween party how you wanted to

I know we've talked privately over Messenger, but I of course want to say again how sorry I am that some of your family didn't hold up to their promises on your wedding day and that it was more stressful that it should have been. However, I'm so happy that you and Matt were happy and had an amazing honeymoon (and that we got to meet you at the Disbrides meetup)! That little speech he gave at the meetup on how lucky he was to be your husband was seriously the sweetest thing ever <3 I look forward to hanging out with you again sometime and you WILL have your dream Disney wedding someday :)

I know I'm very late to the party, but I've been lurking and reading your PJ for a very very long time (even before I got an account on Disboards!), and I just want to say how happy I am for you and Matt! Congrats on the marriage and here's to a lifetime of happiness for you both!

Can't wait to see more wedding photos!

Hope your first month and a half of marriage has been insanely blissful! Hope your carpal tunnel releases are healing up nicely as well! (As someone who's had CTR surgery on both hands, I know what pain you've gone through... I hope you can get back to your passion of pastry ASAP!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter