Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, a renewal DVC pass was $505.88 (Platinum Plus). A total bargain when you take into account the discount and photopass.
This special pricing on the Platinum Plus is only available until 1/3/2018.

Question: I have a Gold Pass that expires 5/30/2018. I just purchased the Platinum Plus Pass for the DVC price. I obviously don't want to active my new pass until my current one expires. We are going to be in the parks next weekend. Will my Platinum Plus Pass automatically activate when I scan my Magic Band to get into a park? I'm afraid I will have 2 active annual passes at the same time overlapping. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.

Question: I have a Gold Pass that expires 5/30/2018. I just purchased the Platinum Plus Pass for the DVC price. I obviously don't want to active my new pass until my current one expires. We are going to be in the parks next weekend. Will my Platinum Plus Pass automatically activate when I scan my Magic Band to get into a park? I'm afraid I will have 2 active annual passes at the same time overlapping. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.
The Exchange Certificate (aka Voucher) for the Platinum Plus Pass will NOT self activate.

Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.
I have read this thread. There is a LOT of info. And maybe I missed it...but I read on another blog that this means that the adult tickets purchased on this deal will only be available to adults residing in the same household as the DVC owner. Is this correct? I only ask because on the thread, it says it can be assigned to the DVC member's Friends & Family accounts, if they're linked.

Has anyone tried this yet? We're 365 days out, so I have time to get the answer. :rotfl2:

I have read this thread. There is a LOT of info. And maybe I missed it...but I read on another blog that this means that the adult tickets purchased on this deal will only be available to adults residing in the same household as the DVC owner. Is this correct? I only ask because on the thread, it says it can be assigned to the DVC member's Friends & Family accounts, if they're linked.

Has anyone tried this yet? We're 365 days out, so I have time to get the answer. :rotfl2:

i believe there have been several folks who have had luck doing this with no problem (linking tickets to MDE and no need to check in at guest services at park for an ID). i also believe some folks have asked DVC reps and have been told this is OK. However, both times I asked DVC they were adamant that it was only for same household residents. Will be interesting to see if you get additional responses as I am hoping to buy some of these next week!.

The 7 day tickets do not have to be in the same household. However, the annual passes DO have to be in the same household.

No, you will be able to see your new pass in MDE, but it will not be activated. It will just be sitting there. I have multiple annual passes I bought before the prices increased and they are 'sitting'. I also have an exchange certificate to go with each one and when I need to activate, I will do so.

Right now, I'm going to renew my current pass for $505.88, (as soon as I get to Target to pick up some discounted gift cards to save another fifty bucks ) as I have a trip coming in January and in November.

Just bought Platinum+ passes successfully online. They show an expiration date of 12/31/2030, though - I thought they had to be activated by 12/31/2018?

to be clearer - when this deal first came out, I thought I read that the DVC PP+ passes had to be activated no later than 12/31/2018. I bought the tickets online and linked them to the relevant people (in my family) in MDE. They don't say anything about activating before 12/31/18 but do say "expiration date 12/31/2030." Does that actually mean I have until 2030 to use them, or that if I don't activate them by 12/31/18, then from 2019 - 2030 they are only a credit of $ actually paid toward another ticket?

I have never considered AP, we don't go enough, but I started looking into it.. looks like there is only plat and plat plus now, no more gold options? I could make a gold pass make sense if we went 2x per year....

I don't own direct points so no discount, but what is the discount if you do own direct points?

I have never considered AP, we don't go enough, but I started looking into it.. looks like there is only plat and plat plus now, no more gold options? I could make a gold pass make sense if we went 2x per year....

I don't own direct points so no discount, but what is the discount if you do own direct points?
The platinum plus pass is now offered at the same price as the gold pass was. So no more need for the gold pass. Today I upgraded our gold passes to platinum plus at no charge.

For direct owners and those with resales grandfathered in, The Gold Pass is $595 with tax, has blockout dates around Easter, Christmas/New Year's. (The Platinum Pass with no blockout dates is $723 with tax.) As PP mentioned, current DVC Ticket offer through 1/3/18, you can get the Platinum Plus pass (water parks, etc, and no blockout dates) at the Gold Pass price.

Note: You need to be logged in as a DVC member in order to see the DVC discounts.

so... is there a gold pass that can be purchased for anyone (non dvc) for 595?
No. The Gold pass is only available to direct DVC purchasers and grandfathered DVC resale purchasers (bought resale before 4/4/16). And FL residents.

But from what @miTnosnhoJ posted above, makes me wonder if they're doing away with the Gold Pass entirely... ?

No. The Gold pass is only available to direct DVC purchasers and grandfathered DVC resale purchasers (bought resale before 4/4/16). And FL residents.

But from what @miTnosnhoJ posted above, makes me wonder if they're doing away with the Gold Pass entirely... ?
I still see the gold pass available for purchase when I look in my ticket store.

No, the Gold Pass is not going away. The promotion for the Platinum Plus Pass for the price of a Gold Pass ENDS 1/3/2018.

In the past, Disney has done similar offers with the price of the former Premium AP (now the Platinum Plus Pass).

No, the Gold Pass is not going away. The promotion for the Platinum Plus Pass for the price of a Gold Pass ENDS 1/3/2018.

In the past, Disney has done similar offers with the price of the former Premium AP (now the Platinum Plus Pass).
GOT IT! I read @miTnosnhoJ 's "at the price the gold pass was" to mean the Gold pass wasn't being offered any more. nevermind. :)

The 7 day tickets do not have to be in the same household. However, the annual passes DO have to be in the same household.

I was just looking at this online last week and it still says only for those in your household for the 7 day ticket. What can actually be done may differ but that is what is stated for this ticket offer.

I was just looking at this online last week and it still says only for those in your household for the 7 day ticket. What can actually be done may differ but that is what is stated for this ticket offer.
That is why I posted the correct information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!