Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

That's typical Disney language for will call tickets. As long as you will have a MagicBand at the time of park entry, you don't need to stop anywhere to pick up the 7 for 5 special tickets. Yes, there has been a few posts from those that have purchased this ticket that they went directly to the park entrance and had no issue using the tickets.
Let me confirm this. As long as the 7 for 5 ticket is assigned to someone and they have a magic band, you do not need to stop at guest services. I was at Guest Services to upgrade our Gold Passes to pLatinum Plus, and I asked them if my daughter would need to stop by Guest Services to activate her 7 for 5 ticket. They said no. The Magic Band should just work. When she came to the park, this turned out to be the case. The magic band worked fine without any intervention from guest services.

if we usually buy tickets as florida residents to be able to pay the monthly payments does anyone know if we would be able to do that with this discount?

I bought the discounted AP. I forgot to go activate it and had to go back to the ticket booth to activate it before I could enter a park.

I bought the 7 for 5 ticket for my DH. He did not have to go activate anything. He just entered the park with his magic band.

I had anticipated a potential problem as we do not have the same name nor do we have addresses from the state on our DLs. We do live together always, but for insurance purposes I need to be a resident of LA and he needs to be a resident of AR.

if we usually buy tickets as florida residents to be able to pay the monthly payments does anyone know if we would be able to do that with this discount?

No, the DVC discounted ticket is not eligible for payments. You have to specifically buy a Florida Resident Ticket to get payments.

DVC & FL Resident pricing is the same for Annual Passes. FL Residents also have access to a few additional pass levels.

Maybe my experience will help. I originally purchased a FL resident silver annual pass online and chose the monthly payment program. Once the DVC promo was announced, I wanted to upgrade my pass to the DVC platinum plus to get the free photopass pictures. I went to guest services at Epcot to activate and upgrade my annual pass. They were able to upgrade my FL resident annual silver pass to the DVC platinum plus pass by simply charging me the difference in the passes. I retained the monthly payment program for the pass. Hope this helps!

Of course my AP expires on 1/4/18. Do I gamble on another (ie better) promotion or just go with the Platinum pass ... decisions... decisions...

Has anyone renewed there Plat+ AP? Process in person or phone and finally price? I am thinking $505 same as gold.... much better than resident pricing.

Thanks!

Of course my AP expires on 1/4/18. Do I gamble on another (ie better) promotion or just go with the Platinum pass ... decisions... decisions...

A Platinum Plus pass for the same price as a Gold pass? I'd be very doubtful there'd be anything better than that.

Today’s DVC meeting aboard the Dream only gave the initial dates for purchase of the tickets. They specifically said there was only a limited time left to enjoy the benefit.

Sounds right! Also, I think that. if they were really extending the purchase of the Platinum AP, there would have been more "fanfare" about it.

With SW land coming online after this promo expires (considering the latest to activate is dec 2018 which takes the passes to dec 2019) I doubt there will be anything this good coming up. They won’t need to have any kind of discounts to draw people in once SW land opens.

I just got off a chat with DVC member services. I asked about the ticket offer extension. I was told that is was a mistake and that they had rescinded the info given at the meeting. January 3, is the deadline for this ticket offer. I suggested they make this information public so people did not rely on the erroneous announcement at the meeting for planning purposes. It was a pretty big misstatement to make.

I just got off a chat with DVC member services. I asked about the ticket offer extension. I was told that is was a mistake and that they had rescinded the info given at the meeting. January 3, is the deadline for this ticket offer. I suggested they make this information public so people did not rely on the erroneous announcement at the meeting for planning purposes. It was a pretty big misstatement to make.

Not too surprising. The date just seemed odd (Dec 3) and with the separate marketing sheet that just came with Disney Files and the push on the website about short time remaining it seemed likely it was a misspoken date. Otherwise marketing would have been all over the extension. A biggie to mix up and too bad someone didn't correct right away at the meeting.

Has anyone renewed there Plat+ AP? Process in person or phone and finally price? I am thinking $505 same as gold.... much better than resident pricing.

Thanks!

Yes, we went from Platinum to Plat Plus at the $505 renewal price.

Not too surprising. The date just seemed odd (Dec 3) and with the separate marketing sheet that just came with Disney Files and the push on the website about short time remaining it seemed likely it was a misspoken date. Otherwise marketing would have been all over the extension. A biggie to mix up and too bad someone didn't correct right away at the meeting.

Sounds like it was probably a misinterpretation. I was at the meeting and although I cannot quote the words that were used, I was never lead to believe that the perk had been extended. I do seem to recall the January purchase deadline being referenced.

I was also at the meeting. My first reaction was the Manager misspoke the date, he said December 3 instead of January 3. It was at the end so there wasn’t time for a correction.

I just got an email - must be purchased by 1/3/2018 and first use by 12/31/2018. So what he said was an error.

I am not educated on the Platinum and Platinum Plus tickets. Whats the advantage over an Annual Pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter